The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #801
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
ROFL, I love the internet. I'm also 300 lbs, you left that out, oh yeah and I'm gay.
I was just making a pretty educated guess as you do a good job showing your age here. Simpleton.....

Is that too complex a word should I used dummy or tard. That more your level of education?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #802
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
The trade deadline had passed for that weak. Not sure what you are trying to prove. Simpleton
Just like it passed this week, simpleton. But I'm a douche for pointing it out for you? You're not for doing it to me? You sound like a girl with your double standards.

Was making a point to the absolute lack of backbone and any sort of dignity that you possess.
Doggcow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #803
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
You took the tangent of making money in the league, I continued on it. It was your final sentence, thus, the direction of the subject.

I ripped the commish for being a hypocrite, which he is. So that's why he's mad about it.
Thats fine..... You are the type of owner that made me stop running a league. You know, the know it all, could do it better then anyone else but never actually does it. He just talks a great game.
BTW, I've won this league before..... come back when you can say the same.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #804
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Just like it passed this week, simpleton. But I'm a douche for pointing it out for you? You're not for doing it to me? You sound like a girl with your double standards.

Was making a point to the absolute lack of backbone and any sort of dignity that you possess.
No its passed for the season, that was your point. Don't change the phrasing now that your got outed.
Simpleton.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #805
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I was just making a pretty educated guess as you do a good job showing your age here. Simpleton.....

Is that too complex a word should I used dummy or tard. That more your level of education?
This forum is nothing more than a form of entertainment, lol.

I will never meet you, nor do we care to, nor is anything we do on this forum relevant outside of it's own sphere.

I'm having fun. Are you? Obviously not, if you kick everyone out that points out your lack of attention or hurts your feelings by saying Mike Sims walker and your team sucks. (when it does)
Old 11-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #806
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I am having a blast. Everything I type I am chuckling because I know it will get you going more. My feelings are far from hurt!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #807
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
No its passed for the season, that was your point. Don't change the phrasing now that your got outed.
Simpleton.
The "Trade deadline" only passes ONCE, it passed for the SEASON it was THIS week. Go check YOUR league calendar COMMISSIONER.

You're arguing semantics, and you're wrong.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #808
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

This league has run just fine for the 7 year before Dogg**** was an owner and Im quite sure it will run just fine without Dogg**** in the future
Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #809
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
The "Trade deadline" only passes ONCE, it passed for the SEASON it was THIS week. Go check YOUR league calendar COMMISSIONER.

You're arguing semantics, and you're wrong.
Um you just restated what I just said. You are trying to take me pointing out that the Trade Deadline had past for the week as an argument for me being a hypocrite.

You can't even get your thoughts straight. Dropped as a kid?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #810
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Thats fine..... You are the type of owner that made me stop running a league. You know, the know it all, could do it better then anyone else but never actually does it. He just talks a great game.
BTW, I've won this league before..... come back when you can say the same.
I got an Omane league put together last year and did everything but handle the money and the last few emails/setup which JCM and I worked on together.

It ran fluidly, no one had any problems.

Go check.

We're both 0-0 in season's we've participated in together, but you got me bringing up seasons that I was competing in other leagues... lol.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #811
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
This league has run just fine for the 7 year before Dogg**** was an owner and Im quite sure it will run just fine without Dogg**** in the future
Damn.

It's terrible that there will never be another fantasy league to join ever again. I'm distraught.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #812
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Damn.

It's terrible that there will never be another fantasy league to join ever again. I'm distraught.
I said THIS league jackass. Again, reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.

You just dont get it. I can dish out the trash and I can take it. What you do isnt trash talk. You pound your chest like you are the greatest FF player of all time. I cant stomach guys like you. You are a tool
Old 11-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #813
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I said THIS league jackass. Again, reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.

You just dont get it. I can dish out the trash and I can take it. What you do isnt trash talk. You pound your chest like you are the greatest FF player of all time. I cant stomach guys like you. You are a tool
Why make that statement, directed at me then? As if I am losing something, lol. Cmon Brah, we're both better off this way.

And I was making a point to the extent that I will also survive without this league as well. It'll be hard, I know. I'll definitely schedule some time at my psychiatrist to deal with it.

I'm not the greatest FF player of all time, that's my brother. Duh. Everyone in this league should know that. Have you seen his scores every week?!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #814
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Btw, would there be any way next year to maybe have a FA period on Saturday? Sometimes **** happens in practice etc on thurs/fri and you need to snag a FA, just keep the Thursday Night guys locked with other waivers though.
I think that would be a good idea. Will make this adjustment for next year for sure!

Btw, not sure what your issue is with the prizes. I agree with Philly that this league isn't meant for "getting rich". The intent was for there be plenty of opportunity for everyone to win some "prizes". The fact of the matter is there will be five or six owners that end up with the bulk of the prizes. Start factoring in the $ for high points each week and there are a few that have pretty much already made their entry fee back. Not to mention the entry fee prize (equiv.) side games in Survivor and Pick'em. Anyhow, this league was started with the intent of OM bragging rights and to sport a custom jersey as your trophy. I think you're be "attacked" partially b/c you're unfamiliar with the tradition and in part b/c you're making yourself a pretty easy target.

Finally, there are plenty of issues with just about every ffl site out there... Myfantasyleague is no different. But despite everyone's issues, most have decided to just play. The real issues are hardly being discussed and they will be addressed for next year. The funny thing is, the rules were the same in years past and never led to this much discussion or complaints.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #815
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I think that would be a good idea. Will make this adjustment for next year for sure!

Btw, not sure what your issue is with the prizes. I agree with Philly that this league isn't meant for "getting rich". The intent was for there be plenty of opportunity for everyone to win some "prizes". The fact of the matter is there will be five or six owners that end up with the bulk of the prizes. Start factoring in the $ for high points each week and there are a few that have pretty much already made their entry fee back. Not to mention the entry fee prize (equiv.) side games in Survivor and Pick'em. Anyhow, this league was started with the intent of OM bragging rights and to sport a custom jersey as your trophy. I think you're be "attacked" partially b/c you're unfamiliar with the tradition and in part b/c you're making yourself a pretty easy target.

Finally, there are plenty of issues with just about every ffl site out there... Myfantasyleague is no different. But despite everyone's issues, most have decided to just play. The real issues are hardly being discussed and they will be addressed for next year. The funny thing is, the rules were the same in years past and never led to this much discussion or complaints.
I never complained about the rules once. Just the site layout to begin with, which I got over. I figure I may as well have my fun and not pull any punches at this point if I'm just getting tossed anyway, so I'll make the most of it

As far as prizes are thats just part of the site thing as it is pretty expensive at the $45 buy in price point, it eats up 4 peoples entries in both leagues, that's a hefty chunk. The overhead is pretty high is all.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:25 AM   #816
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Playoffs starting to fall into place.

#1 Seed: Your "Points Against"
#2 Seed: Doggcow and his Meanie Head Posse
#3 Seed: Missing Striped Socks
#4 Seed: Dos Rios' Sodbusters
#5/6 Seed: Floridian + CBF

Floridian and Philly decide their own fate. If both win, they're in, if one wins and other loses, they get 5, both lose - Floridian has Tiebreaker over Philly.

Floridian has Tiebreakers on all 6-6 teams should it occur with most points scored and H2H vs all of them (I think points scored takes precedence in a 3 or more way tie?).

CBF is also knocking on the Door with that damn tie. Could get him in over the other two if they lose, in which case Floridian is 6 at 6-6 and CBF is 5 at 6-5-1.

McApa, sorry to say, is OUTTA HERE, as Philly smoked him week 10 169-83. So realistically the trade deadline didn't really matter for you anyway, so it's no big deal.

Last edited by Doggcow; 11-22-2010 at 02:01 AM..
Old 11-22-2010, 01:33 AM   #817
Bad Reflexes

Quote:

Yep... it's all about the Jersey and the Bragging Right's anyway. Even in my past "Big Money" leagues... the cash was nowhere near as important to me as: "Winning"!
Quote:
Finally, there are plenty of issues with just about every ffl site out there... Myfantasyleague is no different. But despite everyone's issues, most have decided to just play.
Also quoted for truth!

As I said months ago... I've played on lots of different sites. This one has capabilities none of the free sites have. The only comparable site IMO (CBS) would cost at least $100 more for 24 teams (and they would be split into two separate leagues so you would only be able to view stats in your conference, not both... which sucks).

And while I'm at it...

I very much like the idea of an "IR" slot. The benches seem pretty big already though, for a 12 team league. Too easy to stockpile. I think the IR slot should take the place of a current bench slot. This would increase the waiver pool.

I love the scoring system! Krazy fun IMO! Please don't change it...

Been thinking about the whole "quitting" thing... And I honestly got nothin good.

On one hand, I kinda agree... If someone pays for a team, It's their right to do with it as they please...
But if that has a negative effect on other owners, who also paid for their teams... That's not cool!

I would support a rule that would transfer ownership of an "abandoned" team to a new owner?

Basically, everyone get's 1 free screw up. But if you fail to set your line-up a 2nd time, the Commissioner set's the line-up that week, and posts a thread on OM looking for someone to take over the team (for free). The new owner would then get whatever that team managed to win...

My thinking behind this is... I could set my line-up from my phone if I wanted to. It takes 5 minutes... Don't give me this "life is busy" crap! IT TAKES 5 MINUTES! Who doesn't "Pick their nose longer that that every week"!

And, besides... If you don't care enough to set your line-up... why would you care if we gave your team away?

Just my .02

Be nice if you guys would quit antagonizing each other!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:39 AM   #818
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Meh, they can poke at each other all they want... keeps me and my 200 point week under the radar!!!

Good post BR, you're a welcome addition to the OM League... hopefully your brother will eventually fall in line and quit being the easy target. Almost two pages, but I did get a good chuckle out of it.

Playoffs are indeed starting to fall in place. There will be some very important games next week. I need to sit down and review everything and start updating those who are already in and have locked things up... seems like that Worm guy may make the playoffs!!!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #819
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Meh, they can poke at each other all they want... keeps me and my 200 point week under the radar!!!

Good post BR, you're a welcome addition to the OM League... hopefully your brother will eventually fall in line and quit being the easy target. Almost two pages, but I did get a good chuckle out of it.

Playoffs are indeed starting to fall in place. There will be some very important games next week. I need to sit down and review everything and start updating those who are already in and have locked things up... seems like that Worm guy may make the playoffs!!!
Yep, playoffs are falling into place. I just had a bad team this year. What can you say! I am leading my other league and hopefully if things line up correctly will be winning $600.00 here pretty soon funny how you can tank one and kill in the other!

I will be sticking around watching the rest of the season for sure! Good luck to ALL the playoff teams.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #820
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
I will be lucky to win another game. You are the man to beat in the Neck Pony conf.

That Hillis guy is a machine!
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #821
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
I will be lucky to win another game. You are the man to beat in the Neck Pony conf.

That Hillis guy is a machine!
You definitely put your rape face on in that trade.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #822
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Don't worry Philly, he won't be back next year so only have to deal with him a little longer.
Really? Why? Because he's "handicapped" when it comes to message board smack talk?

That's a pretty stupid reason commish!

I don't know anything about ya'lls "cross-thread" spat, and I don't much care to. But I do know that my brother:
1) Set his lineup every week
2) Was active on waivers and made several trades
3) post's on both the site and the thread!
Since week 3, probably less than half the owners in this league can say the same! That's a GOOD owner... that's the kind of owner that makes leagues work! What rule did he break? the "Don't Annoy People" rule? That's kind of, a part of fantasy football IMO! I wish more people would get into the smack talk personally!

Not you though bro... you are bad at it...

That being said... His *ahem* smack talk was at least "Football Related"! You and Philly jumped him with a bunch of name calling? Baiting him with taunt's about his age & manhood? And you call him "Childish"? Seriously?

Seriously!?!

Bro! you gotta come back with the all powerful "I'm rubber & you're glue..."! Or better yet, "You're a Double-Douche times infinity"! That'll teach em!

Personally, I think it's more fun to beat annoying people! Especially my brother! Course, I probably would have choked him during our H2H match-up if he wasn't 400 miles away! But that's besides the point!

I would wager all my cash winnings from this season (not the jersey though, I want that... if I win) that the "Douche-Simpleton-Tard" owns both you and Philly next year too! If either of you finish higher in the standings you can split it... when he beats you both... double it and mail it to me!

Prove me wrong if you got the sack!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #823
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Oh Snap! You beat my high score! damn it! I was proud of that!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #824
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Reflexes View Post
Really? Why? Because he's "handicapped" when it comes to message board smack talk?

That's a pretty stupid reason commish!

I don't know anything about ya'lls "cross-thread" spat, and I don't much care to. But I do know that my brother:
1) Set his lineup every week
2) Was active on waivers and made several trades
3) post's on both the site and the thread!
Since week 3, probably less than half the owners in this league can say the same! That's a GOOD owner... that's the kind of owner that makes leagues work! What rule did he break? the "Don't Annoy People" rule? That's kind of, a part of fantasy football IMO! I wish more people would get into the smack talk personally!

Not you though bro... you are bad at it...

That being said... His *ahem* smack talk was at least "Football Related"! You and Philly jumped him with a bunch of name calling? Baiting him with taunt's about his age & manhood? And you call him "Childish"? Seriously?

Seriously!?!

Bro! you gotta come back with the all powerful "I'm rubber & you're glue..."! Or better yet, "You're a Double-Douche times infinity"! That'll teach em!

Personally, I think it's more fun to beat annoying people! Especially my brother! Course, I probably would have choked him during our H2H match-up if he wasn't 400 miles away! But that's besides the point!

I would wager all my cash winnings from this season (not the jersey though, I want that... if I win) that the "Douche-Simpleton-Tard" owns both you and Philly next year too! If either of you finish higher in the standings you can split it... when he beats you both... double it and mail it to me!

Prove me wrong if you got the sack!
Whoa buddy I thought it was made pretty clear that we were both posting just to trash talk to one another. I clearly said I was posting everything with a smile on my face to see his reaction.

But just to make it clear, I will not hold back anyone from playing again, especially if they finish in the playoffs or win the whole enchilada.

As for baiting him, when all you do is call people out both directly and passively like he did with Philly and myself you should expect getting a reaction. Doesn't make it right but you get what you give. I deserved the smack he threw around at me so its no big deal.

In fact, his were pretty damn creative and funny! And I really didn't know he was young! I just threw that out there thinking he was older and that would piss him off!

Now back to your regularly scheduled McDaniels darama!

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 11-22-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Old 11-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #825
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
But just to make it clear, I will not hold back anyone from playing again, especially if they finish in the playoffs or win the whole enchilada.
Oh... I thought you were going to kick him out of the league.
Which would be a problem for me! Cuz I can't Kick his Ass if he's NOT in the league!

Quote:
And I really didn't know he was young! I just threw that out there thinking he was older and that would piss him off!
Well, I'm 35... and most people on these sites "seem young" to me. My bro just got his bachelors degree and is no different...