The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #751
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
This brings up a good point, which has been an issue throughout the whole season. I wouldn't think that a league that you are paying 50 for would have this problem, but I have played in leagues where if you don't click a button to submit a roster for a week you automatically forfit your entire season...including already played games.

If we are going to do this again next year there should be stipulation about consecutive weeks or something to that manner. Its not like it is to hard to contact someone any one of the ways we have available to us, Omane, the league website, or email.
Oh I contacted CBF1 and tried to contact Mock (RIP). CBF1 said after a couple players had 50 point weeks that he didn't read the rules before the draft and didn't like the scoring system and wouldn't be playing. This was several weeks ago.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #752
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
This brings up a good point, which has been an issue throughout the whole season. I wouldn't think that a league that you are paying 50 for would have this problem, but I have played in leagues where if you don't click a button to submit a roster for a week you automatically forfit your entire season...including already played games.

If we are going to do this again next year there should be stipulation about consecutive weeks or something to that manner. Its not like it is to hard to contact someone any one of the ways we have available to us, Omane, the league website, or email.
I wouldn't have a problem at all with something like that as long as it is established beforehand. It'd have to be like 2-3 weeks + in a row though to account for vacations, emergencies, hangovers, etc.

My main issue is changing the rules along the way. (Not saying that B'man or Apa are going to either). To me it would be no different than changing scoring rules or roster sizes.

I would be uber pissed if I somehow won the NPN conference and lost the championship game to someone who shouldn't have even made the playoffs in the OM bracket.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #753
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Oh I contacted CBF1 and tried to contact Mock (RIP). CBF1 said after a couple players had 50 point weeks that he didn't read the rules before the draft and didn't like the scoring system and wouldn't be playing. This was several weeks ago.
Lol, we should tell him that he has a very good team in this system!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #754
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
I wouldn't have a problem at all with something like that as long as it is established beforehand. It'd have to be like 2-3 weeks + in a row though to account for vacations, emergencies, hangovers, etc.

My main issue is changing the rules along the way. (Not saying that B'man or Apa are going to either). To me it would be no different than changing scoring rules or roster sizes.

I would be uber pissed if I somehow won the NPN conference and lost the championship game to someone who shouldn't have even made the playoffs in the OM bracket.
Speaking of changing roster sizes. I will most likely ask for the league to vote on an additional roster slot for "injured reserve".

As for CBF1, I haven't decided to go one way or another... I personally have issues with an ownerless team being in the playoffs, but if the league finds it acceptable as a whole (or a majority) then I'll go with it.

I agree that next year we should add a by-law for abandoned teams. I like the idea of 2-3 weeks. But what do you do in that event? Release all players and make them available? Supplemental draft? Then you have an imbalance between the two conferences. A "throw-down" owner may be an option as well as a forfeit for all games. We'll figure it out, I'm just not sure what the best option is at this point.

Mock and CBF1 both have some pretty good teams too. Mock (God rest his soul) could have made some serious moves with all the WRs he has. Nicks is one of the top receivers in FF and hasn't played a single game!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #755
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Since I see my name mentioned alot as of late here is my take.

Everyone should really worry about making the best of their own team and try to improve it until their heart is content. If everyone else plays a lame duck or abandoned team, it evens it all out in the long run since everyone will get a shot at said team. If someone makes the playoffs without making any roster changes or playing people on a bye week, more power to them and their drafting ability. If your team can not beat a team that is playing bye week or injured players, your team pretty much sucks and you should not be bringing unwanted attention to yourself by bringing up this matter.

No rules were ever put into place on how to deal with this issue, so do not waste your time trying to change it after the fact okay.. all of you inspiring Obama wannabe's

I am now off my soapbox, carry on and flame away.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #756
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf1 View Post
since i see my name mentioned alot as of late here is my take.

Everyone should really worry about making the best of their own team and try to improve it until their heart is content. If everyone else plays a lame duck or abandoned team, it evens it all out in the long run since everyone will get a shot at said team. If someone makes the playoffs without making any roster changes or playing people on a bye week, more power to them and their drafting ability. If your team can not beat a team that is playing bye week or injured players, your team pretty much sucks and you should not be bringing unwanted attention to yourself by bringing up this matter.

No rules were ever put into place on how to deal with this issue, so do not waste your time trying to change it after the fact okay.. All of you inspiring obama wannabe's

i am now off my soapbox, carry on and flame away.
+1,000
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #757
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

No rules were ever put into place on how to deal with this issue, so do not waste your time trying to change it after the fact okay.. all of you inspiring Obama wannabe's

Not flaming at all, just sick of people complaining about it. I know that life is busy and stuff that is more important than fantasy football comes up and sometimes the results of said fantasy makes it kinda unimportant. And I agree, that in all essence is does even out. I just threw that rule out there as an idea. I have also been in leagues where guys didn't log in and the commish would adjust rosters as needed so no by week guys were in, unless they were playing against him and that's bs. But other than that alls good.

You and chica should to come to Phoenix
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #758
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

In the same amount of time it took you to read all the posts "with your name mentioned", and post this lame response... you could have set your lineup 5 times! And we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I don't respect quitters... as far as I'm concerned, you let 23 other people down.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #759
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Reflexes View Post
In the same amount of time it took you to read all the posts "with your name mentioned", and post this lame response... you could have set your lineup 5 times! And we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I don't respect quitters... as far as I'm concerned, you let 23 other people down.
Really? I mean he didn't let me down...and all in all I really don't care. The way things have gone with this league from the begining it doesn't supprise me that people are punking each other out.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #760
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Really? I mean he didn't let me down...and all in all I really don't care. The way things have gone with this league from the begining it doesn't supprise me that people are punking each other out.

I consider Dimitri a friend as well... doesn't mean I can't be upset with him for failing to perform his duties as an owner. I agree with BR, he let the other owners down by deciding not to play. Had he played his team the playoffs and seedings could be drastically different. Not saying that you should be upset with him, just saying that there is a different perspective to yours. And it's not like he decided not to play b/c he was busy. He decided not to play b/c he didn't like the scoring.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #761
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post

I consider Dimitri a friend as well... doesn't mean I can't be upset with him for failing to perform his duties as an owner. I agree with BR, he let the other owners down by deciding not to play. Had he played his team the playoffs and seedings could be drastically different. Not saying that you should be upset with him, just saying that there is a different perspective to yours. And it's not like he decided not to play b/c he was busy. He decided not to play b/c he didn't like the scoring.
Even though he has like a top 2 or 3 team for the scoring system? lol.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #762
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Apa.... did you get my trade offer?
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #763
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Apa.... did you get my trade offer?
No sorry I missed it. I will go look.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #764
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

PM me here or email me at cuoz7@yahoo.com if u want to counter or whatever
Old 11-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #765
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Ok, I am thinking about it. I will let you know.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #766
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

K.... Im around.... will be all night. Let me know brotha
Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #767
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Oh... my bad... Guess CBF only let 22 people down cuz the guy with a 2.5 game lead, in the weakest division, with two weeks left in the season... doesn't care.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #768
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Reflexes View Post
Oh... my bad... Guess CBF only let 22 people down cuz the guy with a 2.5 game lead, in the weakest division, with two weeks left in the season... doesn't care.
Would you like some more cheese with your wine...seriously you sound worse than my 10 year old.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #769
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Would you like some more cheese with your wine...seriously you sound worse than my 10 year old.
TBH your team isn't relevant this week, as he will probably beat you by 80+ points... lol
Old 11-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #770
Bad Reflexes

Quote:
Your 10 year old values fair play, hates quitters, and expects people to fulfill their obligations too? That's impressive!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:04 AM   #771
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Btw, would there be any way next year to maybe have a FA period on Saturday? Sometimes **** happens in practice etc on thurs/fri and you need to snag a FA, just keep the Thursday Night guys locked with other waivers though.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #772
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Lol... I love this guy.

He's offering us his bench so he can get our top players...

He tried to offer me Marshawn (Worthless), Torain (Injured, and news Portis may be otw back), and Fitzgerald (That's a good situation... lol, I have solid WR's anyway... Not to mention you can waiver a guy like Mike Williams and outscore fitz, like I did.)

For Mojo (Straight Cash Homie), I think he even wanted some other players of mine... I wouldn't have taken the trade for JUST Mojo, ROFL. Why would I want 2 mediocre bench RB's when I could keep Mojo, and have Addai/TJones to rotate in the 2/flex spot (Both of which are probably better options down the stretch than Torain/Marshawn...
I'm crushingly right yet again...

My WR's WAY Better than Fitzgerald...

Mojo should have had like 6 more too if he doesnt fall down on the 1! Torain out, Marshawn and Fitz are horrible too
Old 11-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #773
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
K.... Im around.... will be all night. Let me know brotha
Tried to counter but it was Sunday and trades are closed. IF you are still interested maybe we can talk this week. I definitely am going to counter though.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #774
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Tried to counter but it was Sunday and trades are closed. IF you are still interested maybe we can talk this week. I definitely am going to counter though.
Trade deadline was yesterday I'm pretty sure commish......
Old 11-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #775
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Trade deadline was yesterday I'm pretty sure commish......
Shut up douche.

Truthfully Alex is the rules guy so I didn't even realize, douche.....

That better, douche.....