The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #451
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
No worries bro. Its all good. Hopefully this can stay fun for you and Alex even while doing the work to provide the OM a league once again.

This has been a great league in the past and is an awesome asset to this site.
It will get better and next year it won't be so last minute where we are scrambling trying to get log ins and trying to get in contact with Pez who won't return messages!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #452
Bad Reflexes
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Well... I'm new here... but I've been playing fantasy football since *shhh* before the internet sites! When everything was done by hand & phone! Your waiver position was "the position of your message on the answering machine"... lol I **** you not...

My take (now that I got my bearings):

1. The Site is actually very cool... I have never seen one that could run 2 leagues simultaneously like this one! CBS & ESPN got nothing like this!

2. The Scoring is VERY cool... I love it that you guys have managed to make "elite" players "elite"... regardless of position! The endless "let's see who can draft the best Running Back Duo" leagues are boring as hell IMHO. Not positive, but I doubt ESPN, CBS, NFL, Yahoo... etc... yada yada can support this scoring system either!

3. Everything is easier once you find the "My Team" tab... ROFL... geesh

I've played on several different sites and I have to give this one a grade of A- (with A+ potential)... Seriously! It has the ability to run leagues other platforms simply can't!... for a variety of reasons! I'm more than willing to sacrifice a little flash and learn a different system for the added flexibility!

I dig it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #453
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I brought the whole Waiver/FA thing into play earlier because the exact same thing happened to me in 2008. I scored a season high in week 1 and won my first 2 games. Then, I lost my top RB to injury and could never get a spot to replace him...

So, in essence, I lose the ability to replace him because I did well the first week, but I struggled the whole rest of the season without that RB.

In my mind, the Waivers should resort to first spot to anyone who loses a player to injury the previous week. Then, you can go off record.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #454
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Well I think it will just cause confusion this year to switch it again Med but we can definitely talk about that next season, unless there is a huge demand for it now.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #455
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

I am not against that. Will keep that in mind for next year for sure. I think a free for all the whole way through is the best option. You want the player, you get on line and grab him the second FA opens. That is what I did to get Jackson in another league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I brought the whole Waiver/FA thing into play earlier because the exact same thing happened to me in 2008. I scored a season high in week 1 and won my first 2 games. Then, I lost my top RB to injury and could never get a spot to replace him...

So, in essence, I lose the ability to replace him because I did well the first week, but I struggled the whole rest of the season without that RB.

In my mind, the Waivers should resort to first spot to anyone who loses a player to injury the previous week. Then, you can go off record.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #456
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I am in a big money league at work and we have to bid on the players you want. You get 10,000 "fantasy" dollars to start the season. So you have to budget to make moves but if you do lose a big player and one is there you can spend to make sure you get the top spot.

This method allows a free for all with a system and methodology might be worth considering for next year.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #457
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I am not against that. Will keep that in mind for next year for sure. I think a free for all the whole way through is the best option. You want the player, you get on line and grab him the second FA opens. That is what I did to get Jackson in another league.
Luckily, I saw that GB only had 2 RB's on the roster after I traded for Grant. I picked him up Right away and dropped sproles in order to get at least one solid handcuff. However, handcuffs can absolutely kill you in this league if their is no injury to the starter.

This is just an observation for later. No need to panic. I just think it is not a good way to do things going forward.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #458
underrated29
10-6 baby.
 
Cutler doesnt suck

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,082

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

What I dont like is the locked players thing...Here is my cunundrum.

I have a waiver in for a "locked" player, and am going to drop derrick ward to pick them up. But I have to wait for the player to unlock.

At the same time there is a Free agent I wanted...Brandon lloyd. In order for me to have been able to sign brandon I would have had to drop a backup of mine.

Problem is- If I drop my backup for lloyd and my waiver does not go through then I am really screwed, as I have no backup. But if I wait for the player on waivers to unlock, then I will get screwed in Free agency, which I already have as someone else can sign him, which they did. I know it may sound like whining, but I am not.....


This is just why I like the first come first served free for all. Then I could just add my player who was "locked" and then add lloyd. But instead I have to wait for two days, all the while someone else can take their time and snatch up the good FA. To me, probably because I am more familiar with it, like the other way better.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #459
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,915

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
What I dont like is the locked players thing...Here is my cunundrum.

I have a waiver in for a "locked" player, and am going to drop derrick ward to pick them up. But I have to wait for the player to unlock.

At the same time there is a Free agent I wanted...Brandon lloyd. In order for me to have been able to sign brandon I would have had to drop a backup of mine.

Problem is- If I drop my backup for lloyd and my waiver does not go through then I am really screwed, as I have no backup. But if I wait for the player on waivers to unlock, then I will get screwed in Free agency, which I already have as someone else can sign him, which they did. I know it may sound like whining, but I am not.....


This is just why I like the first come first served free for all. Then I could just add my player who was "locked" and then add lloyd. But instead I have to wait for two days, all the while someone else can take their time and snatch up the good FA. To me, probably because I am more familiar with it, like the other way better.
Players dropped go on waivers before they become FA's, so everyone has a shot at them again.

Yeah, you have to risk losing a guy if you want to wait for the waiver guy. It's kinda like a chess match with the other owners. I think it's part of the game

All the waiver wire options have pros and cons. Much like many things, e.g. Plasma or LCD TV's. There is no "perfect" waiver wire I don't think, and one way or another one or the other will have its advantages and disadvantages over others.

Last edited by Doggcow; 09-15-2010 at 11:33 AM..
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #460
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

I kind of like Nicks idea of a "budget". You want a player bad enough you make a high bid. More good food for thought for next year.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #461
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I am not against that. Will keep that in mind for next year for sure. I think a free for all the whole way through is the best option. You want the player, you get on line and grab him the second FA opens. That is what I did to get Jackson in another league.
I hear ya bro but there is an issue with this idea. Most, if not all of us have work, family, lives, et cetra.....

There are times that people cant get to their computer at 9pm on a Tuesday night. I think the best option that I have seen in all my years is, once the games start for the week, the very first kickoff, you can put in a "waiver claim" on ANY FA, not just "waiver players". Once Tues at 9 hits, the computer generates who gets what, dictated by league rules on "waiver order".

This gives people 3-5 days to get their FA list, wants and desires in order.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #462
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
I am in a big money league at work and we have to bid on the players you want. You get 10,000 "fantasy" dollars to start the season. So you have to budget to make moves but if you do lose a big player and one is there you can spend to make sure you get the top spot.

This method allows a free for all with a system and methodology might be worth considering for next year.
I kinda like that. Hows it work though. Does everyone put a blind bid in for a player, meaning, no one knows who bid how much? Or is it known by all and owners keep bidding over each other until the price is so high everyone drops out?
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #463
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Bowtown, ready to concede already in the Week 2 preview section.

Drinking and Drafting were led in week 1 by a 10 point effort from Steven Jackson, who got by the Arizona Cardinals defense for 81 rushing yards in addition to 6 receiving yards. In addition, Cedric Benson was not injured in week 1 and contributed 9 points, but he's listed as questionable in week 2 due to an injured shoulder , which might severely limit his fantasy production. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Drinking and Drafting can expect a 27 point effort from the Minnesota Vikings Defensive Team in week 2.

"There's no love lost between these two teams. The Orange Halos are so good we are just thinking about forfeiting so we don't get embarassed" Drinking and Drafting coach bowtown said.

Worm's Orange Halos were led in week 1 by a 52 point effort from Matt Forte, who snuck past the Detroit Lions defense for 50 rushing yards in addition to 151 receiving yards. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Worm's Orange Halos can expect a 30 point effort from Adrian Peterson in week 2, who is expected to get by the Miami Dolphins defense for 100 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs in addition to 40 receiving yards.

"We're loaded for bear, that p***Y, Bowtown is going down" Worm's Orange Halos coach Worm said.

This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a game for the ages.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #464
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,797

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Bowtown, ready to concede already in the Week 2 preview section.

Drinking and Drafting were led in week 1 by a 10 point effort from Steven Jackson, who got by the Arizona Cardinals defense for 81 rushing yards in addition to 6 receiving yards. In addition, Cedric Benson was not injured in week 1 and contributed 9 points, but he's listed as questionable in week 2 due to an injured shoulder , which might severely limit his fantasy production. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Drinking and Drafting can expect a 27 point effort from the Minnesota Vikings Defensive Team in week 2.

"There's no love lost between these two teams. The Orange Halos are so good we are just thinking about forfeiting so we don't get embarassed" Drinking and Drafting coach bowtown said.

Worm's Orange Halos were led in week 1 by a 52 point effort from Matt Forte, who snuck past the Detroit Lions defense for 50 rushing yards in addition to 151 receiving yards. Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Worm's Orange Halos can expect a 30 point effort from Adrian Peterson in week 2, who is expected to get by the Miami Dolphins defense for 100 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs in addition to 40 receiving yards.

"We're loaded for bear, that p***Y, Bowtown is going down" Worm's Orange Halos coach Worm said.

This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a game for the ages.
Pretty sure I was hammered when I said that.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #465
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
I kinda like that. Hows it work though. Does everyone put a blind bid in for a player, meaning, no one knows who bid how much? Or is it known by all and owners keep bidding over each other until the price is so high everyone drops out?
In response to your first post. I believe that is how our waiver system is currently set up, but based on priority order which is based primarily on record.

2nd, with what Nick suggested, it sounds to me like it would operate similarly to the NFL Supplemental Draft. You put a blind bid in and the highest offer wins the player. I don't know if the system supports that or not, but I do know I have the option of setting waivers to be a "pay per transaction" type process. Maybe there is a way to put $1.00 in everyone's account and you have that dollar to work with for the whole season. Similar to a buy in for chips, the value of the $1.00 isn't relevant. You make a $.50 bid on a player and win and you only have $.50 for bids for the remainder of the year. Just thinking out loud, not gonna change anything this year...but I am intrigued by a process that would add another element of strategy.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #466
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
I kinda like that. Hows it work though. Does everyone put a blind bid in for a player, meaning, no one knows who bid how much? Or is it known by all and owners keep bidding over each other until the price is so high everyone drops out?
Its blind bids so you have to kind of play a game within the game which makes it fun actually. If you want a player badly enough then you have to make a decision to give up you money.

And Alex the blind bid system in my league is done through the same site we use so it is possible. I will ask the commissioners how they set it up if we decide to go that route.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #467
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,915

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Its blind bids so you have to kind of play a game within the game which makes it fun actually. If you want a player badly enough then you have to make a decision to give up you money.

And Alex the blind bid system in my league is done through the same site we use so it is possible. I will ask the commissioners how they set it up if we decide to go that route.
Can you trade "Waiver Dollars"?

I remember last year we had a waiver limit, so I made someone pick up a player for me in a trade lol. Worked out well.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #468
underrated29
10-6 baby.
 
Cutler doesnt suck

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,082

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Hey guys I still am confused a little bit...(big surprise, right). also I got the waiver guy I wanted, so I am not complaining here, but I still need to understand.


For ex. Raiders suck made a waiver move for josh cribbs, then after the player locks made a waiver for brett favre. Yet my waiver pick was after his.

Since he already made 1 waiver move, should I not then be moved down the list and get my waivers in before his?



I am just trying to understand so i can kind of predict who is going to go where and who I can actually have a chance at. If I am always a high waiver spot regardless of how many moves the lower ones make is fine. I just want to know.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #469
DeuceOfClub
 
DeuceOfClub's Avatar
 
SuperBowl

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indian Rocks Beach
Posts: 1,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

I'm not sure I can answer But I do know that Cribbs was not a waiver move (I took him as FA), than I dropped him for another FA and Favre was my only Waiver.
If you look at the transaction page you'll see:

Tue Sep 7: Free Agent Move: acquired Cribbs, Josh CLE WR / dropped Tebow, Tim DEN QB
Tue Sep 14: Waiver: dropped Cribbs, Josh CLE WR
Thu Sep 16 : Waiver: acquired Favre, Brett MIN QB / dropped Burleson, Nate DET WR

I think that the Sep 14 move (dropped Cribbs) has a Waiver title because he is locked.

Hope it helps...
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #470
underrated29
10-6 baby.
 
Cutler doesnt suck

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,082

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub View Post
I'm not sure I can answer But I do know that Cribbs was not a waiver move (I took him as FA), than I dropped him for another FA and Favre was my only Waiver.
If you look at the transaction page you'll see:

Tue Sep 7: Free Agent Move: acquired Cribbs, Josh CLE WR / dropped Tebow, Tim DEN QB
Tue Sep 14: Waiver: dropped Cribbs, Josh CLE WR
Thu Sep 16 : Waiver: acquired Favre, Brett MIN QB / dropped Burleson, Nate DET WR

I think that the Sep 14 move (dropped Cribbs) has a Waiver title because he is locked.

Hope it helps...



Gracias.


So when one makes a waiver move, they then go to the bottom of the list for waivers...This is what I thought, but when I saw waiver next to it, i got thrown for a loop.


Also what i figured but wanted to make sure I was correct.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #471
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Waivers for the players that were dropped during the first waiver period or dropped during FA b/c they're locked for two days. You'll notice the only waivers you can request are for those limited players after the 2 days have expired. Everyone else during that time is a Free Agent and waiver priority doesn't factor in.

Many people are seeing their waiver priority # is later than they expected. Please note that the system figures both conferences in those #s. For example, APA was #1 and Cover Zero All Day was #24 after the first weeks games. If you were #12, that would mean you're in the 6 range for your conference.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #472
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

The Commissioner and I made a trade ... but it's awaiting Commissioner review.

Go figure.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #473
underrated29
10-6 baby.
 
Cutler doesnt suck

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,082

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I feel like doggcow now.



WHy do I not get this waiver thing!?!?!

I have had a waiver in for owen daniels and Brett favre...Since they were released and locked. It still shows that I have them in waivers.

Yet, I did not get either and you bastage duderstat got both.




Should I not have been able to get at least one of them? I was even on last night at 8:56 when owen was supposed to unlock and at 9 somthing for favre.


Can someone clear this up for me please.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #474
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Looking into it.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #475
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

underrated what is your team name
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fantasy Football : AFC West Preview Bronco Rob Orange Mane Central Discussion 2 08-06-2009 10:40 AM
Mike Nolan's read and react defense...his scheme The MVPlaya Orange Mane Central Discussion 68 01-12-2009 02:17 PM
can anyone explain a 3-4 positional breakdown? iforgotmypassword Orange Mane Central Discussion 30 01-12-2009 08:45 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Denver Broncos