The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #401
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Right, and Gaffney will just fill in for Marshall and we wont miss a step

I wouldnt be surprised....

BTW-11 pts per player- not bad, except that brees is supposed to be your big hitter.
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #402
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I wouldnt be surprised....

BTW-11 pts per player- not bad, except that brees is supposed to be your big hitter.

That dropped TD hurt you and Ky Lax Girl... you worse than her though since she only had Meachem. He makes that catch and its probably worth 15-18 points for you.

Gonna take me a little while to get used to these scores. I seem to remember scoring 150 pretty consistently and if you have a super bad ass team you could get into the 170's. Philly, Med, CBF1, APA, STG, and of you guys remember what we were scoring consistently in '08 with these rules?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #403
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
That dropped TD hurt you and Ky Lax Girl... you worse than her though since she only had Meachem. He makes that catch and its probably worth 15-18 points for you.

Gonna take me a little while to get used to these scores. I seem to remember scoring 150 pretty consistently and if you have a super bad ass team you could get into the 170's. Philly, Med, CBF1, APA, STG, and of you guys remember what we were scoring consistently in '08 with these rules?

You mean hurt me... I was pissing my pants when I saw that. Thank god meachum dropped it. He is the one with brees and meachum. otherwise you are right, easily another 15 points for him. he would then have 37 points from 2 players which is about 18.5 each. That is pretty good numbers.

Luckily he didnt, and I am going to whoop that ass.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #404
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Somewhere Beezer is purring, probably little drunk too ... I have Brees and I'm playing mock.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #405
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Somewhere Beezer is purring, probably little drunk too ... I have Brees and I'm playing mock.
You should trade him now while he still has some value... what'cha have in mind? Romo and Spiller for Brees?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #406
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
You mean hurt me... I was pissing my pants when I saw that. Thank god meachum dropped it. He is the one with brees and meachum. otherwise you are right, easily another 15 points for him. he would then have 37 points from 2 players which is about 18.5 each. That is pretty good numbers.

Luckily he didnt, and I am going to whoop that ass.
Oh well.

**** luck.

Can't do anything about that.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #407
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

No one else Started Shiancoe last night? Too BaD
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #408
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
No one else Started Shiancoe last night? Too BaD
I kind of figured Shank woudl have a good game. Nobody else to throw to. Harvin looked like crap!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #409
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I am seriously thinking of benching Shonne Greene for Jerome Harrison tomorrow
Is that nuts?

I have to start 2 RBs between Greene, Jammaal Charles, Moreno, Harrison, and Felix Jones

I am seriously thinking about going Charles and Harrison because Tampas run D was garbage last year and I dont see the Jets scoring that much at all against the Ravens
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #410
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I am seriously thinking of benching Shonne Greene for Jerome Harrison tomorrow
Is that nuts?

I have to start 2 RBs between Greene, Jammaal Charles, Moreno, Harrison, and Felix Jones

I am seriously thinking about going Charles and Harrison because Tampas run D was garbage last year and I dont see the Jets scoring that much at all against the Ravens

Are you in my division or the other one?

If you are in the other division bench greene and start harrison. Both will probably see the same amount of touches, but harrison like you said has the softer defense.

If you are in my division, def start greene.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #411
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Are you in my division or the other one?

If you are in the other division bench greene and start harrison. Both will probably see the same amount of touches, but harrison like you said has the softer defense.

If you are in my division, def start greene.
He must be in your division, I have Harrison and am starting him in three leagues. One of those late round guys that could turn into a steal!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #412
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I am in neither division, I just assumed this was a general thread I didnt realize it was just about guys in the OM fantasy league

but I am gonna play Harrison tho and bench Greene
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #413
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I am in neither division, I just assumed this was a general thread I didnt realize it was just about guys in the OM fantasy league

Good choice.

I'm starting harrison in one of my leagues too.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #414
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Feel free to join in the discussion you don't have to be in the league to participate.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #415
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

The one I am struggling with is Knowshon, CJ Spiller, or Harrison... Started Pierre Thomas Thursday nigh... 14 points for me!

So Spiller is electric and could have a couple long runs. Dolphins D should be improved, bit by how much? I see Spiller 12 carriers for 45 yards and one TD. I would also guess he'll have 3 or 4 catches for 25-35 yards. That would give hi. About 13 points for the rook. It aslo wouldn't surprise to se him breAk one for 40,yards so I have the going.

Jerome Harrison will probably get the mosh carries. Somewhere in the. Ballpark guess would be 24. That will put him over 100 and if he scores, it will be from 15-50 out. Lots of potential there. Project him at 24 carries, one long TD (25 yards ). Could quickly give me a 19 point week

Knowshon could get limited reps coming back from injury... Almost put him on the IR for week one. I am guessing 11 carries for 41 yards and a TD. Another 20 yards on 3 receptions. TotL of 11 points.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #416
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
The one I am struggling with is Knowshon, CJ Spiller, or Harrison... Started Pierre Thomas Thursday nigh... 14 points for me!

So Spiller is electric and could have a couple long runs. Dolphins D should be improved, bit by how much? I see Spiller 12 carriers for 45 yards and one TD. I would also guess he'll have 3 or 4 catches for 25-35 yards. That would give hi. About 13 points for the rook. It aslo wouldn't surprise to se him breAk one for 40,yards so I have the going.

Jerome Harrison will probably get the mosh carries. Somewhere in the. Ballpark guess would be 24. That will put him over 100 and if he scores, it will be from 15-50 out. Lots of potential there. Project him at 24 carries, one long TD (25 yards ). Could quickly give me a 19 point week

Knowshon could get limited reps coming back from injury... Almost put him on the IR for week one. I am guessing 11 carries for 41 yards and a TD. Another 20 yards on 3 receptions. TotL of 11 points.
Isaac Redman will outscore them. Ill trade you him for a TE/WR if you want
Old 09-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #417
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

you are in our division, so I am not saying, but I def know who I would start.

and I will one up you from doggcow. I will trade you the man, the myth, the legend. They guy your momma warned you about. DERRICK WARD! for a TE.

Now that is a smoking deal!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #418
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Jesus christ... our scoring system is fu cked up. Arian Foster goes for a team record and 2nd highest rushing yard total on opening day ever AND scores 3 TD's, yet is out pointed by not only Matt Forte, but Peyton Manning as well. This year is going to suck huge.

PS: So much for all the talk about Jerome Harrison going anywhere.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 AM   #419
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Jesus christ... our scoring system is fu cked up. Arian Foster goes for a team record and 2nd highest rushing yard total on opening day ever AND scores 3 TD's, yet is out pointed by not only Matt Forte, but Peyton Manning as well. This year is going to suck huge.

PS: So much for all the talk about Jerome Harrison going anywhere.
No, its not messed up. It is no longer a RB driven league. This was mentioned many times BEFORE the draft. Passing is more valued than running because that is what is important in the NFL! Big play players are more valued than guys who steal goalline carries.

Oh and he still scored 50 points CBF1!!! He had a huge day. So quit your crying and pay attention to the league scoring when you draft
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #420
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

These are our big-headed, power junkie commissioners! Is this the first time you've been in charge of anything in your life McApa? Is that why you decide to be such an ass? Too much "power" for you to handle?

Get off your high horse, it's fantasy football. I paid my league fees, I have a right to an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow
Quote:
Or we can just tell him that there are no penalties or fees for pickups. I mean he provides such "constructive criticism"

I'll CC him on the next message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13
You can answer him or you can tell him to find the answers the same way everyone else has found them. I'm leaning toward telling him to keep on looking.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13
Quote:
Are we paying for pickups? How is the waiver working? Etc...

Ready the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went through the rules, bylaws, everything. Nothing addresses if there are fees or penalties for pickups.

If it does, I can't find it on this godforsaken site. So I'm just asking professionally for a straight up answer.
No need to be butthurt that your site is worse than your fantasy team.
nice reply! But I won't be sitting Welker or Manning again. Enjoy your one year playing Orangemane FF!
And (I think he accidentally CC'd me this, with his elite interweb skills -they're on display in our horrible fantasy site-)

Quote:
Well this is what the little douche had to say! So I no one person who is a 1 and done player!

Quote:

No need to be butthurt that your site is worse than your fantasy team.

Last edited by Doggcow; 09-13-2010 at 04:02 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #421
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Doggcow, have you noticed the league poll or league articles that were posted before the season begsn? All you have to do is look and you will find your answers.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #422
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
These are our big-headed, power junkie commissioners! Is this the first time you've been in charge of anything in your life McApa? Is that why you decide to be such an ass? Too much "power" for you to handle?

Get off your high horse, it's fantasy football. I paid my league fees, I have a right to an opinion.

And (I think he accidentally CC'd me this, with his elite interweb skills -they're on display in our horrible fantasy site-)
Its nearly impossible to accidentally CC someone, FYI. The fact that you think that just made it that much more funny!

Did you ever stop to think that you may be seeing these PM's for a reason? Bet you didn't....

I am just treating you with the same respect you are treating us. It has nothing to do with "power". All you do is slam things and how they are run. You are disrespectful in how you address things. So you get what you give my friend.

But thanks for the laugh!

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 09-13-2010 at 05:51 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #423
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I am to the point where I am about to refund your money and just let someone take over your league. As all I see you do is complain and attack us, then play the victim card.

And I am still laughing at the accidentally CC comment. Man you aren't too bright aren't you!

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 09-13-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #424
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

calling on Mediator. If you remember our conversation the other day, please do your "Thang" man!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #425
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
I am to the point where I am about to refund your money and just let someone take over your league. As all I see you do is complain and attack us, then play the victim card.

And I am still laughing at the accidentally CC comment. Man you aren't too bright aren't you!
I asked an HONEST question.

So you go and make fun of me behind my back because of a flaw with YOUR league.

I wasn't slamming anything, in fact, I hadn't until you started attacking me AGAIN.

All you have done is attack me and hype how wonderful the league site is... When it really isn't. I'm not alone in that opinion.