The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #376
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
I missed this the first time around and just have to ask what kind of bush-leagues have you been playing in?

If you drop somebody to pick up a waiver wire replacement....The dropped player becomes FA the minute the WW period is over. WTF?

I guess I do not understand your question here.

My big $$ leagues do not have a waiver at all. If someone is dropped anyone can pick them up. If somone surprised like craig buster davis for the bolts anyone can add him. Obviously, things are locked until the morning after the last game, but after that. First come first served.-----is that what you were getting at?

In some leagues, I have seen people drop a stud player because they are on bye week, adding a new player, and fully knowing that once the games are over they will be able to add the stud player again because of the wiaver system......I personally am not a fan of that. If you drop a stud, expect someone else to nab him.

Im fine with how things are now, just not my first choice. Kinda like why I would rather drive a truck then a van. Both would work, I just prefer trucks.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #377
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
BTW, Suck My Tebow has absolutely no chance against me this week...

Thats what I like to hear. .

Except this time I have manning, and not brady. There will be no beating me this week. I still am pissed you beat me for the championship, my revenge is upon you.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #378
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I guess I do not understand your question here.

My big $$ leagues do not have a waiver at all. If someone is dropped anyone can pick them up. If somone surprised like craig buster davis for the bolts anyone can add him. Obviously, things are locked until the morning after the last game, but after that. First come first served.-----is that what you were getting at?

In some leagues, I have seen people drop a stud player because they are on bye week, adding a new player, and fully knowing that once the games are over they will be able to add the stud player again because of the wiaver system......I personally am not a fan of that. If you drop a stud, expect someone else to nab him.

Im fine with how things are now, just not my first choice. Kinda like why I would rather drive a truck then a van. Both would work, I just prefer trucks.
I guess I didn't understand yours either.

I thought you were opposed to a 'worst to first' waiver wire set up thinking that a last place team could drop one of his studs on a bye week knowing he will get 1st waiver wire rights next week......But that's not how it works.

On most of the commercial sites, ESPN, CBS, etc....Any player a team drops in order to pick up someone else on waivers on Wednesday....The dropped player becomes a FA on Friday night (first come, first served)
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #379
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Haha, there have been like two emails from the OM conference. We are going to so roll those tired slackers. They don't want it enough.

They are all Alphonso Smiths with their weak efforts. We're gonna rename your conference the Alphonso Smith Conference. You can have the IHOP, Travis Henry and Dale Carter Divisions!

My thoughts exactly!

Here's what I think of those poor bastards in the wrong conference ... I DELETE them, every one.

It's as if they never even existed ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #380
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Thats what I like to hear. .

Except this time I have manning, and not brady. There will be no beating me this week. I still am pissed you beat me for the championship, my revenge is upon you.
I have Breesus! It's a Wash.

QB - Brees | Manning - Wash

RB - Shonn Greene (v balt is bad tho...) and Addai | Marion Barber (Hopefully Wash still has Haynesworth) and LeSean McCoy (In a Passing offense, vs GB?) - I win pretty handily here I think.

WR- Lee Evans and Robert Meachem | Randy Moss and Malcolm Floyd - You got me here, but if Meachem or Lee gets a long one... You might not

Flex - Jahvid Best | Johnney Knox - Got you dead to rights

TE - Gresham | Miller (with Dixon? ) - more a wash, but I think I may have a slight advantage.

D - SD vs KC | Your Cinci D plays your Best chance to catch me Randy Moss XD
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #381
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:

I have Brees in the good conference, but looking back, it was a bad pick at #1.7

I say that because McNabb and Orton both lasted until the 11th-freaking round. Sure Brees is better, but I could've had an elite RB like Steven Jackson, Michael Turner or Frank Gore at 1.7.

Right now I would gladly trade Brees and Larry Johnson for Frank Gore and Donovan McNabb.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #382
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

RB - Shonn Greene (v balt is bad tho...) and Addai | Marion Barber (Hopefully Wash still has Haynesworth) and LeSean McCoy (In a Passing offense, vs GB?) - I win pretty handily here I think.

WR- Lee Evans and Robert Meachem | Randy Moss and Malcolm Floyd - You got me here, but if Meachem or Lee gets a long one... You might not

Flex - Jahvid Best | Johnney Knox - Got you dead to rights

TE - Gresham | Miller (with Dixon? ) - more a wash, but I think I may have a slight advantage.

D - SD vs KC | Your Cinci D plays your Best chance to catch me Randy Moss XD

pretty fair assesment.

Dont forget though that while GB has a good Run D. My boy lesean is going to get me points in the pass game. 2ppr-he should rack this up quite a bit. And this game IMO is going to be a shootout. I like it when my players are involved in shootouts.

It will be a close one for sure, and like last year, probably be either of us going the distance. Just we both got a few really good defenses to start the year. They favor me, but I think it will be closer than that. Probably really close.

I still cant decide if I should sit knox, and start reggie bush, thus negating any passing that brees does too him. But the lions pass D is so pathetic, that I am still leaning toward johhnny.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #383
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I have Brees in the good conference, but looking back, it was a bad pick at #1.7

I say that because McNabb and Orton both lasted until the 11th-freaking round. Sure Brees is better, but I could've had an elite RB like Steven Jackson, Michael Turner or Frank Gore at 1.7.

Right now I would gladly trade Brees and Larry Johnson for Frank Gore and Donovan McNabb.

I wish you were in my conference because I think that would be a stupid trade, and I would love to take advantage of that. ( but I do think KO will have a really big year)
Old 09-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #384
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
pretty fair assesment.

Dont forget though that while GB has a good Run D. My boy lesean is going to get me points in the pass game. 2ppr-he should rack this up quite a bit. And this game IMO is going to be a shootout. I like it when my players are involved in shootouts.

It will be a close one for sure, and like last year, probably be either of us going the distance. Just we both got a few really good defenses to start the year. They favor me, but I think it will be closer than that. Probably really close.

I still cant decide if I should sit knox, and start reggie bush, thus negating any passing that brees does too him. But the lions pass D is so pathetic, that I am still leaning toward johhnny.
He's going Meachem all day

Serioulsy though, if Meachem catches a 50yarder its over tonight
Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #385
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
I wish you were in my conference because I think that would be a stupid trade, and I would love to take advantage of that. ( but I do think KO will have a really big year)
If you had Frank Gore and Donovan McNabb ... you would gladly trade them for Drew Brees and Larry Johnson?

Maybe I wish I was in your conference after all ...
Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #386
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Really? Frank Gore is going to be a monster this year in this format. I actually like the 49ers as a team this year a lot.

He was taken at 1.3 in your draft (a little early IMO) but 1.11 in our draft was fantastic value.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #387
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

I was the 11th pick. I fully planned on taking an elite signal caller. The RB tier falls off dramatically after Sjax IMO.

I had no shot at any RB's that were in my top 7, and still got my next highest RB (Greene) in the next round.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #388
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Really? Frank Gore is going to be a monster this year in this format. I actually like the 49ers as a team this year a lot.

He was taken at 1.3 in your draft (a little early IMO) but 1.11 in our draft was fantastic value.
I would have killed for Gore at 11... Lol
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #389
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post

oh yeah that is insane that he fell to 11. I was picking at 12 and would have been sweating bullets had he made it one more pick.

But like doggcow, i had every intention of taking 1 of the big 3 (rodgers,brees,manning) with my first unless someone fell to me.

But gore and mcnabb IMO is not worth brees and LJ---at leas for my team. I am set at RB for now, nothing great but nothing terrible...

And I think the scoring fromat favors QBs a lot more than the RBs. If manning does one of his normal 13 yard td passes to wayne or whoever, that td is worth 9 pts to me. And he does those a lot!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #390
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I was the 11th pick. I fully planned on taking an elite signal caller. The RB tier falls off dramatically after Sjax IMO.

I had no shot at any RB's that were in my top 7, and still got my next highest RB (Greene) in the next round.

yep you think like i do...except I had moss still on the board, I figured I had to take him over green and mendenhall.----1 50 yard td from him and thats worth like...i dont know but probably 14 points or something.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #391
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
I think the format favors QBs a lot more than the RBs.
If it's heavily weighted QB over RB ... then maybe. But I'm still doubting it.

Quote:
But gore and mcnabb IMO is not worth brees and LJ
Agreed. McNabb could realistically rack up 75-80% of Brees' numbers, especially in that Donovan's in a new and better system, while Brees (and Reggie) are in a let-down phase.

PLUS an elite RB with Gore ... that's just too much.

What about LJ you ask? I just waived him an hour ago, and nobody's rushing in to sign him.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #392
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
yep you think like i do...except I had moss still on the board, I figured I had to take him over green and mendenhall.----1 50 yard td from him and thats worth like...i dont know but probably 14 points or something.
I just had a hard on for greene because of his defense, and they rushed the ball like 600 times last year
Old 09-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #393
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Btw, a 51Yd TD is worth: Yards 2.something, TD 6, Long TD 6, Long Play 2... Thats a 14point TD. I expect Brees to throw a few of those with his speedy WR corps.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #394
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I
Quote:
Btw, a 51Yd TD is worth: Yards 2.something, TD 6, Long TD 6, Long Play 2... Thats a 14point TD. I expect Brees to throw a few of those with his speedy WR corps.
I don't think there is a 2 point long play bonus... if there is, it was an accidental oversight. Obviously will stay the way it is, but I am pretty sure I removed that a while back.

But the main point is, a long TD gets you some nice points!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #395
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I

I don't think there is a 2 point long play bonus... if there is, it was an accidental oversight. Obviously will stay the way it is, but I am pretty sure I removed that a while back.

But the main point is, a long TD gets you some nice points!
Long Passing Plays of 50+ Yards 0-99 2 points each Test

Did I read this right? And... Do we have to worry about monitoring this? this is one of those hard to monitor stats I think lol
Old 09-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #396
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

And whats manning chopped liver?

Plus Johnny fast as **** knox against the DET defense with mike martz and Jay cutler calling the shots.......

Im thinking I see this one player put you down for the count.

oh and Rivers did that all day to VJ, but now its floyd instead. Look for the trend to continue. Esp against the Chiefs defense.

I will say that brees does scare me this game though, and the minny pass d blows.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #397
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
And whats manning chopped liver?

Plus Johnny fast as **** knox against the DET defense with mike martz and Jay cutler calling the shots.......

Im thinking I see this one player put you down for the count.

oh and Rivers did that all day to VJ, but now its floyd instead. Look for the trend to continue. Esp against the Chiefs defense.

I will say that brees does scare me this game though, and the minny pass d blows.
Right, and Gaffney will just fill in for Marshall and we wont miss a step
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #398
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

This made me chuckle:

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 14, 2010) Coming up in a week 1 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football intra-divisional classic, the 0-0 Raiders SUCK challenge the 0-0 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron.
Antonio Gates

Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Raiders SUCK can expect a 25 point effort from Antonio Gates in week 1, who is expected to get by the Kansas City Chiefs defense for 100 receiving yards and 1 receiving TDs.
" That's the key to the game," Raiders SUCK coach DeuceofClub said.
Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, BMan's Republic of the Gridiron can expect a 27 point effort from Tony Romo in week 1, who is expected to beat the Washington Redskins defense for 305 passing yards and 2 passing TDs in addition to 5 rushing yards.
"The intangibles will be the key," BMan's Republic of the Gridiron coach Broncoman13 said.
This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a epic battle.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #399
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Long Passing Plays of 50+ Yards 0-99 2 points each Test

Did I read this right? And... Do we have to worry about monitoring this? this is one of those hard to monitor stats I think lol
Yes, you have to keep your stats by hand and round to the nearest tenth... the system is just for looks

/Sarc
Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #400
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub View Post
This made me chuckle:

(MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 14, 2010) Coming up in a week 1 2010 OrangeMane Fantasy Football intra-divisional classic, the 0-0 Raiders SUCK challenge the 0-0 BMan's Republic of the Gridiron.
Antonio Gates

Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, Raiders SUCK can expect a 25 point effort from Antonio Gates in week 1, who is expected to get by the Kansas City Chiefs defense for 100 receiving yards and 1 receiving TDs.
" That's the key to the game," Raiders SUCK coach DeuceofClub said.
Based on projections from FantasySharks.com, BMan's Republic of the Gridiron can expect a 27 point effort from Tony Romo in week 1, who is expected to beat the Washington Redskins defense for 305 passing yards and 2 passing TDs in addition to 5 rushing yards.
"The intangibles will be the key," BMan's Republic of the Gridiron coach Broncoman13 said.
This is the first game between these two franchises in 2010, and is sure to be a epic battle.

I love that... I think Gates will do very well for you. TE bonuses plus he's their go to receiver. The only thing I think will hurt you this week is your tough matchups at RB.