The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #351
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
The exception is injuries. There are always breakout players who can fill an injury role. Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon were good 3 WR's last year after Gonzo went down with injury in the first quarter of game one for the Colts.
Alright, there is a league poll up. I put it on the very front/top of the fantasy home page. There are three options that we can select from on the fantasy site.

When you submit a waiver request it shows you your waiver priority ranking as it stands.

GET OUT AND VOTE EVERYONE.
Broncoman13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #352
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Apa, I took care of that scoring issue we discussed earlier.

Basically had to increase from 5 to 5 and change the values from 5 to 55. Gives 1 point for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. If you get to 5 you get a bonus of 3. So, 5 is actually a total score of 8. 6 would give you 9. 7 equals 10 and so on.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #353
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Ok thats good because I was trying earlier but it was not making sense! Did you look at the other warnings we got? If not we can talk about it in the morning!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #354
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
oh man I am with you 100% on this!!!!!!!!

In my big money league $500 buy in. Free agency is first come first served. It opens the following morning after the last game has played at 6am. If you want a guy you need to do your research and nab him...You dont get lots of time to think it over while we all have to wait and such. Its not our fault you suck at drafting.

Typically the better teams are not going to be submitting a whole lot of waiver claims anyhow. Because their team is already set.
You guys are seriously considering 1st come, 1st served? Wow.

Saying last to first benefits people who don't know how to draft is like saying 1st come, 1st served benefits the childless & jobless.

Cool by me either way because I don't work until 10am most mornings but that's pretty ****ed up if peeps get penalized for having jobs with internet filters or having to take their kids to school.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #355
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Ok thats good because I was trying earlier but it was not making sense! Did you look at the other warnings we got? If not we can talk about it in the morning!
Not each one of them... Give me a shout. I am working from home tomorrow and can probably break free whenever you have a few minutes.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #356
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post

Saying last to first benefits people who don't know how to draft is like saying 1st come, 1st served benefits the childless & jobless.

Cool by me either way because I don't work until 10am most mornings but that's pretty ****ed up if peeps get penalized for having jobs with internet filters or having to take their kids to school.
Good points. Vote. I'm good either way and will go with the majority regardless of my preference. Let the owners speak.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #357
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Not each one of them... Give me a shout. I am working from home tomorrow and can probably break free whenever you have a few minutes.
I will call on my way into the office in the morning, that is if you are up at 6:45am. Or I can sneak away in the am. I just want to make sure we have the points set up right so that the scoring is right. There are only a few more that have warnings.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #358
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I will be up, gimme a shout.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #359
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I have to get my son to daycare by 8 and be at work by 9. Only then do I ever get on. But the teams that are winning are also probably less likely to make a waiver move. Also- and it depends on the time that commishers have set, but someone can get up at 6am (how it is in my big $$ league) when FA opens and grab their man.

I like it because it keeps everyone active and competative. No slacking off. If your team lacks depth talent and depth, because you drafted poorly or because someone went down, whatever, you should be the first one on the FA looking for some help. But also is that someone else problem that you drafted badly? i dont personally think it should be. Like I said, i doubt that the better teams will be doing much waiver activity, but they should get a free shot. I dont think they should be penalzied because they drafted well. And it is painful to see a player on waiver for a couple days before someone (who is lower priority than you) picks him up on kind of a whim, when you who did your research and stuff knew that he would be good.

It also keeps people from dropping studs like boldin or dallas clark for a bye week replacement fully knowing that they can pick up those studs again next week.

Of course just my opinion...But I can go either way also....It is how it was last year. This is just what I prefer. I hope to only use the waiver a few times this year, mainly for bye weeks or injuries.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #360
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
I have to get my son to daycare by 8 and be at work by 9. Only then do I ever get on. But the teams that are winning are also probably less likely to make a waiver move. Also- and it depends on the time that commishers have set, but someone can get up at 6am (how it is in my big $$ league) when FA opens and grab their man.

I like it because it keeps everyone active and competative. No slacking off. If your team lacks depth talent and depth, because you drafted poorly or because someone went down, whatever, you should be the first one on the FA looking for some help. But also is that someone else problem that you drafted badly? i dont personally think it should be. Like I said, i doubt that the better teams will be doing much waiver activity, but they should get a free shot. I dont think they should be penalzied because they drafted well. And it is painful to see a player on waiver for a couple days before someone (who is lower priority than you) picks him up on kind of a whim, when you who did your research and stuff knew that he would be good.

It also keeps people from dropping studs like boldin or dallas clark for a bye week replacement fully knowing that they can pick up those studs again next week.

Of course just my opinion...But I can go either way also....It is how it was last year. This is just what I prefer. I hope to only use the waiver a few times this year, mainly for bye weeks or injuries.
I hear ya but disagree with the notion that winning teams will be less active. I could go gate to wire 12-0 and would still make at least one move a week.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #361
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:

I missed this the first time around and just have to ask what kind of bush-leagues have you been playing in?

If you drop somebody to pick up a waiver wire replacement....The dropped player becomes FA the minute the WW period is over. WTF?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #362
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'd prefer a non-resetting waiver wire, which becomes a Free Agency the next day.

Then you aren't just running around scrambling to pick everyone up all the time. (Plus my comp is old so I'm already at a disadvantage to the speedy comps )
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #363
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Btw do waiver moves cost? I've been looking around trying to find out if they do but havent been able to see anything that talks about it.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #364
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I'd prefer a non-resetting waiver wire, which becomes a Free Agency the next day.

Then you aren't just running around scrambling to pick everyone up all the time. (Plus my comp is old so I'm already at a disadvantage to the speedy comps )
Exactly....I was lol'ing hard at underrated's comment above about dropping 'a stud' for a bye week replacement. Do people not know the difference between waiver wire & FA?

And WTF is this even up for a vote?

It's in the damn by-laws....Are we just going to start changing **** willy-nilly?
Quote:
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #1: Overall Winning Percentage
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #2: Head-To-Head Record
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #3: Total Points Scored
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #4: Conference Winning Percentage
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #5: Divisional Winning Percentage
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #6: Reverse Order Of Opponent Total Points Scored
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #7: Power Rank
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #8: Victory Points
Waiver Wire Sort Criteria #9:
Maximum Number of Rounds for the Waiver Wire: 4
Limit Owners To Adding: 2 players per waiver week via waivers.
Limit Owners To Adding: 3 players per week via free agent moves.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #365
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Exactly....I was lol'ing hard at underrated's comment above about dropping 'a stud' for a bye week replacement. Do people not know the difference between waiver wire & FA?

And WTF is this even up for a vote?

It's in the damn by-laws....Are we just going to start changing **** willy-nilly?
Exactly...

Nothing worse than changing rules post draft.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #366
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

BTW, Suck My Tebow has absolutely no chance against me this week...
Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #367
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Thanks to anyone who answered my question. I guess I created more problem than I intended.

As for the matter in hand: I voted for a WW. To give advantages to 'faster clicker' or 'stronger Internet connection' owners is IMO stupid.
Personally, I think WW order should not reset weekly, once a team win a waiver claim they are bumped to the end of the order an so on.
As it is 6:00am (eastern time) is a bad time for me, and I don't think I will ever be able to be in front of a computer, which set my chances of acquiring a good one almost at zero.
Also, the idea that an owner can drop a star for a bye-week and than re-acquire him is terrible (again, this is MO)

regardless, changing rules post-draft is a bad idea.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:26 AM   #368
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Exactly...

Nothing worse than changing rules post draft.
I think that's a pretty weak statement, for all the constructive criticism you have doled out. The commish is "getting the input" you so demonstrably lobbied for, and this particular one is not a favorite to you. Vote NO, and move on instead of constantly being the Devils advocate on everything
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #369
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Good input and I would be all for it... just wanted to make sure everyone had the opportunity to play. We have some kids and some people that may have had difficulty coming up with the $45 and another $10-15 may have put them over the top.

We'll do a season ending poll and gauge the interest in doing a higher prize league.
Should just roll anyone who wants to stay and do this another year at that point. Then we won't have as many issues going into the season. Part of the issue that has caused all the heart ache was how last minute this was. Not that its big deal, but it is causing lots of heartaches. The OM/NPN leagues were usually put together in the begining of August, so we were 2 to 3 weeks behind. I think this will work and we just need to keep it rolling and improve it from here.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #370
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Btw do waiver moves cost? I've been looking around trying to find out if they do but havent been able to see anything that talks about it.
$5.00 per move for you. But don't tell anyone else, I don't want them to know you're getting special treatment.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #371
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
Should just roll anyone who wants to stay and do this another year at that point. Then we won't have as many issues going into the season. Part of the issue that has caused all the heart ache was how last minute this was. Not that its big deal, but it is causing lots of heartaches. The OM/NPN leagues were usually put together in the begining of August, so we were 2 to 3 weeks behind. I think this will work and we just need to keep it rolling and improve it from here.
I tend to agree that we should wait until next year prior to making any changes. There are going to be people that don't like it one way or the other, I get that.

Either way there are going to be people that are upset with how the waiver wire works. That I'm willing to bet on.

But I do agree. We'll take the input, put it in our back pocket, and remember it for next year.

Starting the 1st of August is also a good idea Missing. I would have much rather had the draft a week earlier. Room for improvement next year, no doubt.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #372
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Sorry if I'm bombarding you guys with questions...
If you don't have the time or not sure about answering me I'll understand.

Back to waivers: (all times are EST)
HAT dropped the Bengals defense on Tuesday 10:22:42 a.m. and they were locked for two days.
Now, two days later they are still shown in the Locked-list. with the locked-until column state: Thu Sep 9 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010 (1 hour ago). And are unavailable as a FA.
this also clash with the Wednesday @ midnight waiver cycle theory that was suggested...

It could be just a pre-week 1 thing or maybe I didn't understand exactly...

Don't get me wrong, I do not want their Sorry-Ass-Defense, I was just following it to better understand the system.

every input will be appreciated, thanks.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #373
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
I tend to agree that we should wait until next year prior to making any changes. There are going to be people that don't like it one way or the other, I get that.

Either way there are going to be people that are upset with how the waiver wire works. That I'm willing to bet on.

But I do agree. We'll take the input, put it in our back pocket, and remember it for next year.

Starting the 1st of August is also a good idea Missing. I would have much rather had the draft a week earlier. Room for improvement next year, no doubt.
I'm not a web techie guy, but if we had someone to do that kinda stuff and someone to run the league that would be awesome. And I'm sure that we could probably get another whole league like we had in 07 again. Shoot there was the Omane/NPN and the Maniax and another league.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #374
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Probably just a pre week 1 deal deuce since everyone is 0-0.

Most of my leagues have gone like this:

From the end of the weeks games until Wednesday night, you can put available players on your waiver wire list.

At Wednesday night at midnight, the software goes through each team's list (according to the sort order in the by-laws) and completes all waiver wire activity for the week. Once that is complete, any player not claimed is available as a FA, first come first served.

Any player that a team dropped in order to add someone else via the waiver wire...That player becomes a FA at midnight on Friday.

Using the proper worst to first sort order does not penalize you for being good or drafting well. There will be plenty of surprise players, injury replacements & strategy pick ups available. I'm in a running 16 league team and there have been weeks in the past where I was 14th in line and still got exactly who I wanted off of the WW.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #375
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

This is correct. There were only three waiver requests as of midnight so I waited and gave everyone the morning before processing. The issue right now is that we haven't gone through week one. After week one everything will stabilize. I put up a league article that covers the exact wording of Waiver Wire Rules.

As for maintaining your waiver wire priority and changing the system Doggcow, wasn't that you that was saying we shouldn't change anything after the draft? I agree with that point btw, unless we have an overwhelming majority or a technical issue that must be resolved, I don't think we should change anything.

Case in point, the league scoring had to be tweaked this morning. The issue was with regard to Defensive scoring and sacks. The intent was for each sack to be scored as 1 point. 5 sacks would result in a 3 point bonus, so your defense's 5th sack would be 8 points total. The way the values were entered, 5 sacks scored your defense 8 points, but 6 sacks would go back to 6 points (point for sack). I was able to adjust the values so that it met the intent of the bonus for 5 sacks, and each additional sack would result in a point but not override the bonus... confused yet?

Anyhow, those are the only changes we should make unless we have a 24 owner decision to change something b/c it's not acceptable without an immediate change.

Quote:
Probably just a pre week 1 deal deuce since everyone is 0-0.

Most of my leagues have gone like this:

From the end of the weeks games until Wednesday night, you can put available players on your waiver wire list.

At Wednesday night at midnight, the software goes through each team's list (according to the sort order in the by-laws) and completes all waiver wire activity for the week. Once that is complete, any player not claimed is available as a FA, first come first served.

Any player that a team dropped in order to add someone else via the waiver wire...That player becomes a FA at midnight on Friday.

Using the proper worst to first sort order does not penalize you for being good or drafting well. There will be plenty of surprise players, injury replacements & strategy pick ups available. I'm in a running 16 league team and there have been weeks in the past where I was 14th in line and still got exactly who I wanted off of the WW.