The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Playing Fantasy Football
Yes, Count me in 20 80.00%
I can do the $50 17 68.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #326
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Actually he paid about $5 for the site. The other $ goes toward the prizes that somebody from the NPN will undoubtedly win!

Let Doggcow complain, he made his donation and has the right. I am simply ignoring him. Hope he doesn't have any real important questions!!!

TE scoring in this league is pretty extreme. You get a guy that goes for a lot of yards and your TE can rank up there with the Tier 2 WRs. I was a little surprised that people didn't account for the scoring... except for QBs. Guys like Desean Jackson were way undervalued with these scoring rules...rules that were carried forward and not changed for the most part.

The only major rule change was the QB Interceptions. First Int only costs you one point. So if you have a QB like Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or even Kyle Orton, you'll lose the occassional point but nothing major. If you have QBs like Favre, Cutler, or Kolb well you start losing three points after that first gimme. So 2 Ints is like losing the traditional 4 points, but they start really hurting you after 2 Ints...which is how it should be!

Same surprises with RBs and points for every 2 receptions. Guys like McCoy, Bush and the obvious top tier RBs that do a lot in the passing game were passed over quite a bit.

If anybody in the NPN Conf needs a WR...go see Mock, !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Over hyped? You paid $46, if that is too expensive you shouldn't have played....

We said it allows for more flexibility with scoring that's about all the hype you get. Get you facts straight and enjoy this year you won't play next year.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #327
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceOfClub View Post
The email issue is been around since (at least) 2008.
Might be worth to shot an email to the site owner's, maybe there is an easy commish-fix.
I already looked on help, thats where you can find how to adjust the emails in the owners section.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #328
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Has Mock even said anything since his WR draft fest?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #329
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Has Mock even said anything since his WR draft fest?
Not that I know of... he may be in hiding from Mediator!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #330
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Over hyped? You paid $46, if that is too expensive you shouldn't have played....

We said it allows for more flexibility with scoring that's about all the hype you get. Get you facts straight and enjoy this year you won't play next year.
I was informed the site was somewhere in the ballpark of $170.

You never specified EXCLUSIVELY that it it flexible for ONLY scoring, you said this league was more customizable than any other league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Yeah, this site has a ton of tools and it is not very intuitive to use. I was the Commish on this the last time, but Pez did all the heavy lifting with the site.

I see how it could be called clunky. I call it difficult to use. However, it does allow us to be more flexible than some of the other leagues you mentioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
1st is Doggcow's. I agree with McApa. The site is well worth the coin, plus I was able to talk them into giving us a pretty good discount. You'll note on leaguesafe that the amount I pulled for the league is less than what we originally obligated/appropriated. Right now it is difficult to use b/c several of the links are still being hooked up. You guys have no idea how much time I've spent attempting to remake the links, adjusting the layout, and setting up the league. In hindsight, I should have just dropped the extra money on a custom template. I may just do that still, even if some of it is out of my own pocket. It will be worth it as I plan on keeping the league going for years to come or as long as TJ gives us the go-ahead. So in part, I do agree with you guys that for a newcomer it's probably a little overwhelming. I've been playing on myfantasyleague for five years now so it's pretty familiar to me now. As far as a free site, nothing out there comes close to giving us the capability that myfantasyleague does.

I know how much I paid, It's actually the cheapest league I've ever been in, and the only one where the commish hated any input from the league. (while we're taking shots at eachother).

Btw, I've never had a more problem filled draft before, lol.

Last edited by Doggcow; 09-08-2010 at 01:29 PM..
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #331
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I was informed the site was somewhere in the ballpark of $170.

You never specified EXCLUSIVELY that it it flexible for ONLY scoring, you said this league was more customizable than any other league.

I know how much I paid, It's actually the cheapest league I've ever been in (while we're taking shots at eachother).

Btw, I've never had a more problem filled draft before, lol.
EDIT: Alright Doggcow rather than go back and forth lets just be done with it. Truce?

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 09-08-2010 at 01:38 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #332
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

I've got no problem using a pay site b/c of the 2 conference thing.....Also, added value with pick em & survivor on the side.

My only suggestion for next time around is if you re going to call it a $50 league, make it a $50 league + costs.

I would've much rather posted up $50 + $1.50 leaguesafe + $7.00 MFL and had a full $1,200 in the pool as opposed to $45 x 24 = $1080 - $170 MFL fees...Leaving only +/- $900 in the pool.

I don't think an extra $12/head would've made the league any harder to fill out.

JMO.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #333
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
I've got no problem using a pay site b/c of the 2 conference thing.....Also, added value with pick em & survivor on the side.

My only suggestion for next time around is if you re going to call it a $50 league, make it a $50 league + costs.

I would've much rather posted up $50 + $1.50 leaguesafe + $7.00 MFL and had a full $1,200 in the pool as opposed to $45 x 24 = $1080 - $170 MFL fees...Leaving only +/- $900 in the pool.

I don't think an extra $12/head would've made the league any harder to fill out.

JMO.
Thanks you for the feedback. Alex set the price but that will be good to now for next year.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #334
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

BTW Nick, do you have an answer to my previous question? Can't find it anywhere.

Quote:
Is there a page on the website with all the waiver rules info?
There are few lines in the bylaws page, but it didn't answer all my questions. (Mainly, how much time is a player on waiver till he becomes a FA?)
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #335
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
BTW Nick, do you have an answer to my previous question? Can't find it anywhere.
Yeah I am looking for it and hopefully Alex can answer if I don't right away. I have to sneak into it while at work btw meetings and projects. But I will find you an answer!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #336
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Is there a page on the website with all the waiver rules info?
There are few lines in the bylaws page, but it didn't answer all my questions. (Mainly, how much time is a player on waiver till he becomes a FA?)
After 4 passes through the waiver wire, according to the by-laws.

Whatever time the waiver wire becomes active, the system will cycle through each of the 12 teams 4 times in order to fulfill pre-selected pick-ups.

Most leagues I've played in....WW starts at midnight on Wednesday. You wake up Thursday morning and any player not claimed on waivers is a FA until kick-off.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #337
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
EDIT: Alright Doggcow rather than go back and forth lets just be done with it. Truce?
Im not trying to fight you. I never have tbh. This league seems like a wonderful thing that will last a while, any improvements we can make now, will exponentially increase the league funability in the future.

I'm trying to be constructive (which is why I have offered possible solutions to problems I was having, which I assume I'm not the only one having them)

Truly the Emails AREN'T that big of a deal, but 5 years down the road, wouldn't you have rather nipped it in the butt and not have it come back up again?

I'm sorry for being condescending, it was more of a passive aggressive way to rock the boat.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #338
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I just found out if you scroll down past the text block on the homepage it has tabs and all sorts of info.

I like this better now

Btw what are the survivor pool rules? You can't pick a team more than once?

Last edited by Doggcow; 09-08-2010 at 04:04 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #339
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'm not a part of the OM League, but here is my team I just drafted.

QB: Flacco and McNabb
RB: C. Johnson, Spiller, Moreno, Jacobs and Portis
WR: Fitzgerald, Marshall, Crabtree, Manningham
TE: V. Davis, Gresham
K: Prater
DEF/ST: Bengals

I think I have a strong team, but I'm worried about wide receiver depth since I decided to carry another TE and another RB.

Collie and Royal are available on waivers. I'm not sure which RB to drop.

Forsett, R. Williams are also on waivers for RB too.

I picked up Jacobs and Portis in the late rounds. I thought Portis starting again under Shanahan might provide some potential.

Maybe I could make a move for a WR through a trade.

Any suggestions?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #340
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I just found out if you scroll down past the text block on the homepage it has tabs and all sorts of info.

I like this better now

Btw what are the survivor pool rules? You can't pick a team more than once?
I believe its the typical survivor pool. You can only pick a team once and what not.

As for the passive aggressive response that's fine and I was guilty of the same thing. Anyways things will get better and the start of match ups tomorrow will bring the fun. Good luck!

Also I love how Mock comes and makes a move that is QB related not part of his 50 WR's!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #341
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Franchise fee for the commissioner should be waived.

Not for the CO-commissioner, just the commissioner
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #342
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post

JMO.

Good input and I would be all for it... just wanted to make sure everyone had the opportunity to play. We have some kids and some people that may have had difficulty coming up with the $45 and another $10-15 may have put them over the top.

We'll do a season ending poll and gauge the interest in doing a higher prize league.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #343
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Players are locked for two days after they are dropped. I'm not sure whether the system will allow for waiver wire pick-ups before tomorrow's game or not I had it set to begin waiver wire two nights ago, but there were no waived players and you have that two day window thing. Typically waivers do not begin until after the first week of games as that is how the order is established (lowest ranking gets first priority). Again, I'm not sure how it will work before the games, I imagine reverse draft order, but I'm not for certain.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #344
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

I second this

Old 09-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #345
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Players are locked for two days after they are dropped. I'm not sure whether the system will allow for waiver wire pick-ups before tomorrow's game or not I had it set to begin waiver wire two nights ago, but there were no waived players and you have that two day window thing. Typically waivers do not begin until after the first week of games as that is how the order is established (lowest ranking gets first priority). Again, I'm not sure how it will work before the games, I imagine reverse draft order, but I'm not for certain.
I hate the Waiver Wire rules in Most FF leagues. It penalizes people who win their first few games and allows people who made huge mistakes to pick up players before someone else who does their work. It is kind of like FF welfare
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #346
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Douchebags should get charged double next season. Lets start making a list:

BroncoBuff

Good thing there are two commissioners, one for each league...... One co-commissioner who serves to mediate any type of result btw Alex and myself. But if you don't think Philly should have the fee waived thats fine!

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 09-08-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #347
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I hate the Waiver Wire rules in Most FF leagues. It penalizes people who win their first few games and allows people who made huge mistakes to pick up players before someone else who does their work. It is kind of like FF welfare

oh man I am with you 100% on this!!!!!!!!

In my big money league $500 buy in. Free agency is first come first served. It opens the following morning after the last game has played at 6am. If you want a guy you need to do your research and nab him...You dont get lots of time to think it over while we all have to wait and such. Its not our fault you suck at drafting.

Typically the better teams are not going to be submitting a whole lot of waiver claims anyhow. Because their team is already set.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #348
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

In my big money league $500 buy in. Free agency is first come first served. It opens the following morning after the last game has played at 6am. If you want a guy you need to do your research and nab him...You dont get lots of time to think it over while we all have to wait and such. Its not our fault you suck at drafting.

Typically the better teams are not going to be submitting a whole lot of waiver claims anyhow. Because their team is already set.
That's how my money league is as well. 6:59 and 55 seconds you start hitting submit and hope that it times just perfectly for the 0700 open acquisition. I'm all for it. Start a poll on the League site and let the majority speak.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #349
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

When you try to acquire a free agent if you don't find their name, look in the bottom part of the screen for the link to "locked players" you will find the information on the player in which you wish to acquire.

Mock's Marauders Cutler, Jay CHI QB Wed Sep 8 6:49:58 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 6:49:58 p.m. ET 2010
Arkie Showboats Edelman, Julian NEP WR Tue Sep 7 1:22:27 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 1:22:27 p.m. ET 2010
I'm Thinkin RB's Murphy, Louis OAK WR Wed Sep 8 12:26:19 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 12:26:19 p.m. ET 2010
Flexing Tight Ends! Henderson, Devery NOS WR Tue Sep 7 3:09:43 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 3:09:43 p.m. ET 2010
HAT Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def Tue Sep 7 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010
HAT Hardesty, Montario CLE RB Tue Sep 7 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 10:22:42 a.m. ET 2010
HAT Hartline, Brian MIA WR Wed Sep 8 1:35:52 a.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 1:35:52 a.m. ET 2010
Raiders SUCK Tebow, Tim DEN QB Tue Sep 7 1:35:55 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 1:35:55 p.m. ET 2010
Cover Zero All Day Sproles, Darren SDC RB Tue Sep 7 12:44:40 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 12:44:40 p.m. ET 2010
BMan's Republic of the Gridiron Stafford, Matthew DET QB Tue Sep 7 10:52:51 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 10:52:51 p.m. ET 2010
Dos Rios' SodBusters Collie, Austin IND WR Wed Sep 8 1:03:51 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 1:03:51 p.m. ET 2010
Worm's Orange Halos Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR Tue Sep 7 11:07:17 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 11:07:17 a.m. ET 2010
Judean Peoples' Front Graham, Daniel DEN TE Wed Sep 8 7:22:51 a.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 7:22:51 a.m. ET 2010
Judean Peoples' Front Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB Tue Sep 7 11:59:44 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 11:59:44 a.m. ET 2010
Judean Peoples' Front Jackson, Vincent SDC WR Tue Sep 7 11:32:22 a.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 11:32:22 a.m. ET 2010
DUDERStadt Choice, Tashard DAL RB Wed Sep 8 4:00:00 p.m. ET 2010 Fri Sep 10 4:00:00 p.m. ET 2010
Philly's Used Jock Straps Faulk, Kevin NEP RB Tue Sep 7 8:15:03 p.m. ET 2010 Thu Sep 9 8:15:03 p.m. ET 2010
Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #350
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

The exception is injuries. There are always breakout players who can fill an injury role. Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon were good 3 WR's last year after Gonzo went down with injury in the first quarter of game one for the Colts.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote