The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Awesome Flight Attendant

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...100286494.html

A flight attendant ran out of patience on a plane that just landed at JFK on Monday afternoon, so he allegedly cursed a blue streak over the p.a. system, grabbed some beers, pulled the emergency chute, slid down and ran from the plane, sources said.

Jet Blue employee Steven Slater, 38, was working on Flight 1052 from Pittsburgh to Kennedy Airport, which landed at around 12 p.m., when he got into a verbal altercation with a passenger, law-enforcement sources said.

Following a heated exchange, the flight attendant told off the entire plane on the public address system, activated an emergency chute near the back of the plane and jumped down the evacuation slide and ran for it.

The argument began when one of the 100 passengers on the flight, got up early to get her luggage from an overhead compartment, according to sources. Slater told the passenger to sit back down -- but, as he approached, the woman continued to pull her belongings down and struck him in the head with her bag, authorities said.

Slater asked for an apology but the woman cursed him out, saying in effect "go f--k yourself" and calling him a "mo-fo," according to law enforcement sources who are still sorting out the specifics. Then Slater got on the flight's announcement system and allegedly cursed out everyone on the plane -- especially the person who mouthed off to him, according to law enforcement sources.

When his tirade was through, he then took a some beers from the galley and pulled the emergency chute and slid off the Embraer 190 plane. According to police sources, he threw his luggage down first and said something to the effect of "there goes 28 years," before he took the plunge.
After getting down the slide, Slater took off into the terminal, law-enforcement sources said.

The steward was "having a bad day," sources said.

Slater was later arrested at his home in Belle Harbor, Queens by Port Authority officials. Police sources said that when authorities found Slater he seemed to be in the midst having sexual relations.

He is being charged with 2nd-and 4th-degree criminal mischief, 1st- and 2nd-degree reckless endangerment and criminal trespass in the 3rd degree, according to a spokeswoman for Queens DA Richard Brown. Slater faces up to 7 years in prison if convicted.

No one was injured in the incident. JetBlue, in a statement, added, "At no time was the security or safety of our customers or crewmembers at risk."
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

I like that when the police caught him he was in "a sexual embrace".
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...100286494.html

A flight attendant ran out of patience on a plane that just landed at JFK on Monday afternoon, so he allegedly cursed a blue streak over the p.a. system, grabbed some beers, pulled the emergency chute, slid down and ran from the plane, sources said.

Jet Blue employee Steven Slater, 38, was working on Flight 1052 from Pittsburgh to Kennedy Airport, which landed at around 12 p.m., when he got into a verbal altercation with a passenger, law-enforcement sources said.

Following a heated exchange, the flight attendant told off the entire plane on the public address system, activated an emergency chute near the back of the plane and jumped down the evacuation slide and ran for it.

The argument began when one of the 100 passengers on the flight, got up early to get her luggage from an overhead compartment, according to sources. Slater told the passenger to sit back down -- but, as he approached, the woman continued to pull her belongings down and struck him in the head with her bag, authorities said.

Slater asked for an apology but the woman cursed him out, saying in effect "go f--k yourself" and calling him a "mo-fo," according to law enforcement sources who are still sorting out the specifics. Then Slater got on the flight's announcement system and allegedly cursed out everyone on the plane -- especially the person who mouthed off to him, according to law enforcement sources.

When his tirade was through, he then took a some beers from the galley and pulled the emergency chute and slid off the Embraer 190 plane. According to police sources, he threw his luggage down first and said something to the effect of "there goes 28 years," before he took the plunge.After getting down the slide, Slater took off into the terminal, law-enforcement sources said.

The steward was "having a bad day," sources said.

Slater was later arrested at his home in Belle Harbor, Queens by Port Authority officials. Police sources said that when authorities found Slater he seemed to be in the midst having sexual relations.

He is being charged with 2nd-and 4th-degree criminal mischief, 1st- and 2nd-degree reckless endangerment and criminal trespass in the 3rd degree, according to a spokeswoman for Queens DA Richard Brown. Slater faces up to 7 years in prison if convicted.

No one was injured in the incident. JetBlue, in a statement, added, "At no time was the security or safety of our customers or crewmembers at risk."
There is so much craziness in that story that its hard to wrap my head around it.

7 years? That's a little (lot) extreme.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.
 
randomtask's Avatar
 
Like a complete unknown

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton
Default

No way that guy gets convicted of everything.

Seriously, though, you'd had to have had a very rough week/month to lose it like that.
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Awesome. I'm always surprised more flight attendants don't do this all of the time. They never sleep, get paid **** and have to put up with a-holes all day.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,584

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Kind of awesome.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

I liked that he grabbed some beers before sliding down

Last edited by Los Broncos; 08-09-2010 at 10:58 PM..
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

The guy should be given a medal...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #9
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
I like that when the police caught him he was in "a sexual embrace".
******.

wow.

Last edited by watermock; 08-09-2010 at 11:38 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #10
JJJ
Ring of Famer
 
JJJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Confederation Helvetica
Posts: 2,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This guy has achieved urban legend status in a span of a few hours. Very funny stuff.

Living out every flight attendant's dream of going postal just one time on dumb ass customers.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,495

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

He should have pimp-slapped the whore when she hit him with the bag. The customer should be charged with assult and battery.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
I like that when the police caught him he was in "a sexual embrace".
well, has anyone seen or heard from Blart or Chris lately? Gay dudes can have really ****ting, flabergasted and flustured days just like all of us. Sometimes you just need to spoon. Of course spooning in the gay community is a sexual position.
On a more serious note, what is going to happen to the crazy b**** passenger?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I liked that he grabbed some beers before sliding down
the best is pulling the emergency hatch. In 28 years he probably never had to experience it in real situation and this one was the final straw.....and the final voyage for him. " You go girl !"is what the other male stewardess were heard yelling as he went out like superman.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,813

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
He should have pimp-slapped the whore when she hit him with the bag. The customer should be charged with assult and battery.
*She* won't. *He* would have.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #15
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,814
Default

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...terstitialskip

how amusing.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #16
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Awesomeness!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #17
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Legendary.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #18
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Someone needs to Photoshop this with some beers in his hands.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

If he starts a paypal fund to cover his legal fees, I'm pitching in.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #20
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,474

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I liked that he grabbed some beers before sliding down
That's the best part.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #21
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
Awesome. I'm always surprised more flight attendants don't do this all of the time. They never sleep, get paid **** and have to put up with a-holes all day.
Never ceases to amaze me how people, such as the passenger, take it out on the workers who are only doing their jobs enforcing company policy.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:04 AM   #22
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA (heart is in TX)
Posts: 3,922
Default

Good for him. I couldn't deal w the flying public day-to-day.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #23
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

7 years? GTFOH. I would not convict him if I sat on that jury based on the information in the article above.

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 08-10-2010 at 06:44 AM..
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #24
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida
 
dbfan21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,176

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
Awesome. I'm always surprised more flight attendants don't do this all of the time. They never sleep, get paid **** and have to put up with a-holes all day.
+1

It's amazing the sense of entitlement people feel these days. It's as if they adhere to the mantra: "I exist, therefore I deserve".

Being a flight attendant has to be one of the worst jobs out there...
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #25
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,548
Default

I thought this was going to be a hot flight attendant picture thread.



Life is full of disappointment.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CRAZY awesome video. Light up SHeep art!!!! Boobs McGee Orange Mane Central Discussion 6 07-11-2009 04:45 PM
OT - Top Ten Movies That Would Have Awesome Sequels DeusExManning Orange Mane Central Discussion 83 05-15-2009 04:47 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Denver Broncos