The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default Floyd Little, #44, Denver Broncos, NFL Hall of Fame

I have to start this thread for my posterity.

Mr. Little meant everything to the Bronco franchise. It wasn't just the stats, I'll post the stats later, it was the excitement Mr. Little brought to the town. Floyd Little energized the franchise. Denver was one of the original AFL franchises in 1960, one of the few, but Mr. Little coming to town really energized the town and the franchise.

Just look at the stats, look at them, here they are:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...L/LittFl00.htm

Take a good look and you'll see why he deserves to be in the HOF.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 08-06-2010 at 06:29 PM..
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

SI_PeterKing

Not only Floyd Little should get applause in Canton. DenPost's Jeff Legwold should too--best HoF sales job I've heard in 18 yrs as voter.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There would be no Broncos without Little.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default Just finished watching "NFL Yearbook: 1969 & 70 Denver Broncos"....

on NFL Network. What a treat to get to see some of my favorite players again after 40 years. Billy Thompson as a rookie Corner and special teams sensation (led the NFL in both Punt and Kick yardage for the season...it had never been done). "Tombstone" Jackson and Paul Smith crushing QB's with a pass rush as good as any in the NFL that year (Joe Collier's first of the next 20 as Denver's Defensive Coordinater). Favorite part though, had to be getting to watch Floyd run again. He really was a treat to watch. Tied guys in knots, then just hit the burners and ran away (or over/through 'em if need be). Gutsy, gutsy player...and a fine human being as well. Really looking forward to tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Little, for being exactly the kind of role model kids need for me when I was a kid. It was a privelege to see you play.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I caught that on the nfl network the other night. I had no Idea he was the reason the broncos stayed in CO. I think he said he was there first, first round choice ever and if it had not been for that the Broncos would have moved on.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
SI_PeterKing

Not only Floyd Little should get applause in Canton. DenPost's Jeff Legwold should too--best HoF sales job I've heard in 18 yrs as voter.
Wow, Peter King is a low life POS, he can't just let the guy be in Canton like every other borderlline guy, he has to continue to run him down even now, that is deplorable, they guy really is showing himself to be the scumbag with an east coast, ball licking agenda that he has. By implying he only got in because a writer talked him up really is a low as you can get.

Last edited by KipCorrington25; 08-06-2010 at 11:14 PM..
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #7
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
on NFL Network. What a treat to get to see some of my favorite players again after 40 years. Billy Thompson as a rookie Corner and special teams sensation (led the NFL in both Punt and Kick yardage for the season...it had never been done). "Tombstone" Jackson and Paul Smith crushing QB's with a pass rush as good as any in the NFL that year (Joe Collier's first of the next 20 as Denver's Defensive Coordinater). Favorite part though, had to be getting to watch Floyd run again. He really was a treat to watch. Tied guys in knots, then just hit the burners and ran away (or over/through 'em if need be). Gutsy, gutsy player...and a fine human being as well. Really looking forward to tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Little, for being exactly the kind of role model kids need for me when I was a kid. It was a privelege to see you play.
Damn, I wish I would of tivo'd. That's some GREAT Bronco stuff right there.
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:08 AM   #8
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Toast:

To the four-four, no one has waited so long that deserved it more.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I can't wait till this afternoon. I owe my being a Bronco fan to this guy. I was amazed to watch him, the first offensive position that I was in awe of. I had been a fan of the fearsome foursome of the Rams and still like defense more than offense, but 44 opened my eyes to what a great offensive player can do and made me a Bronco fan for life. About time you got yours Floyd.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Certainly not in Denver
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #11
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The story by Gary Smith enbedded in the story below is incredible!

Broncos to honor Floyd Little during scrimmage

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 7, 2010 1:39 PM ET
Former Broncos running back Floyd Little, a Denver legend, will be in Canton Saturday night finally becoming a football immortal.

Meanwhile in Denver, Josh McDaniels, a Canton native, will honor Little during the Broncos' scrimmage, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

McDaniels called Little this morning at 6:20 A.M. Denver time to tell him the team would wear No. 44 decals (Little's number) on their helmets on Saturday night. The team will also play Little's induction speech on the Invesco Field big screen after the scrimmage.

It's a cool gesture by McDaniels, who plans to have Little speak to the team in September when Little formally receives his Hall of Fame ring during a game against the Colts.

And because we don't know where else to put this link, please check out Gary Smith's piece on Little from Sports Illustrated a few weeks back. It's an incredible, well-written story.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

If you don't read the link in the previous message you will be missing an incredible story.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default I've been watching the NFL Network's pre HOF induction coverage...

They are kind of beating this "greatest class ever" BS to death, now. I am soooo sick of this era of everything always having to be "the greatest of all time" mentality, it makes me hurl. Instead of spending the time talking about all of the inductees, we get this manufactured BS. OK, rant mode off. They have had a couple of nice Floyd moments (one intentional, the other pretty cool and unexpected). The first was a short interview with Tom Mackie. He did very well. He said that he was able to spend "about five minutes" with Floyd after yesterday's HOF lunchion where the jackets are presented. Got a couple of pics (hope he posts those at his website...hint hint, Tom). Then mentioned how many emails the site had recieved commenting on the Gary Smith article in SI and what a great movie it would make (I agree). The second was when they were asking Roger Stallback if this was, yep once again the dreaded GCE. Roger was his ever classy self and gave props to both Smith and Rice, then proceeded to bring a tear to my eye when he said "and it is about time that Floyd Little is getting in". "His enshrinement is long overdue and he was one of the best PLAYERS of his era, hands down." Awesome coming from someone I've always liked and respected. What a great day! Really looking forward to Floyd's speech. Bet he sheds a tear or two, and I'll probably be a mess...in a good way!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
They are kind of beating this "greatest class ever" BS to death, now. I am soooo sick of this era of everything always having to be "the greatest of all time" mentality, it makes me hurl. Instead of spending the time talking about all of the inductees, we get this manufactured BS. OK, rant mode off. They have had a couple of nice Floyd moments (one intentional, the other pretty cool and unexpected). The first was a short interview with Tom Mackie. He did very well. He said that he was able to spend "about five minutes" with Floyd after yesterday's HOF lunchion where the jackets are presented. Got a couple of pics (hope he posts those at his website...hint hint, Tom). Then mentioned how many emails the site had recieved commenting on the Gary Smith article in SI and what a great movie it would make (I agree). The second was when they were asking Roger Stallback if this was, yep once again the dreaded GCE. Roger was his ever classy self and gave props to both Smith and Rice, then proceeded to bring a tear to my eye when he said "and it is about time that Floyd Little is getting in". "His enshrinement is long overdue and he was one of the best PLAYERS of his era, hands down." Awesome coming from someone I've always liked and respected. What a great day! Really looking forward to Floyd's speech. Bet he sheds a tear or two, and I'll probably be a mess...in a good way!
I couldn't agree more. Too much bs about greatest class ever and not enough about the qualifications of each class member. Staubach is the classiest Cowboy around and if Tebow's style is a throw back to any former player it's Roger the Dodger Staubach. He's just a great American and a class act. When Little garners so much respect from Staubach it speaks volumns about Little.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default Not pimpin', but a real good read here:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8...n-of#storyjump
Old 08-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #16
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter
Default I can't believe its just you and me..

and some lurker hangin' out in this thread right now, Tombstone! Switched over to ESPN for a min, just in time to catch the Floyd segment and TJ talking about how special this day was for him. Too cool...
Old 08-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #17
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I'm watching it...it's killing me not to have been able to be there for this.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Dick LeBeau's speech is over, next is John Randle.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #19
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Dick LeBeau's speech is over, next is John Randle.
That was cool how the whole Steeler team came out for him
Old 08-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
I'm watching it...it's killing me not to have been able to be there for this.
Me too, Hogan. Breaks my heart to have missed this one.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

John Randle's speech is over, it was short and sweet. Next is Russ Grimm.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #22
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
That was cool how the whole Steeler team came out for him
As much as I hate the Squeelers, the Rooney family is one of the best/classiest in sports. What a great opportunity for the team.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Russ Grimm speech done (I always like it when olineman get into the HOF), Ricky Jackson is next.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

They're putting Floyd between Rice and Smith??
Old 08-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Ricky Jackson speech is done, why is Rice next?