The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default OT: best FF managing site

What is the best site for managing FF?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #2
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

give www.myfantasyleague.com a try
i4jelway7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Pick Elway in your 1993 MLB Draft.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 AM   #4
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I have only ever used Yahoo. No complaints, the free version has worked for the last 8 years.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #5
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

also may want to try this free one that offers live stats www.fleaflicker.com
i4jelway7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #6
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

ive rried fleaflicker a couple years, and didnt like it. best I have found in my 15 years is fanball. only $70 and you can customize better then most more pricy sites and its carries over history year after year as long as you have the site. again I have used a ton of sites between my own leagues and other leagues and this by far runs the smoothest with live scoring, easy schedule set up (your own or it will generate 1), multiple and I mean multiple scoring options that you set up your self including bonuses at certain marks likes yards or catches etc...
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
ive rried fleaflicker a couple years, and didnt like it. best I have found in my 15 years is fanball. only $70 and you can customize better then most more pricy sites and its carries over history year after year as long as you have the site. again I have used a ton of sites between my own leagues and other leagues and this by far runs the smoothest with live scoring, easy schedule set up (your own or it will generate 1), multiple and I mean multiple scoring options that you set up your self including bonuses at certain marks likes yards or catches etc...
Why pay $70? What does fanball do that yahoo's free site dosen't?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Why pay $70? What does fanball do that yahoo's free site dosen't?
plenty, one look at scoring alone and you would know (my league has bonus scoring and such that yahoo couldnt even begin to offer, much less some other pay for sites). also plenty of options at scheduling, customizing, playoffs etc...

and if you split the cost of $70 between your whole league its hardly anything per person. Yahoo is great for free leagues, etc.. but a comp league yahoo is NOT were it is at.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Still like CBS. A little expensive, and opening day always features a few black-outs, but it's been great. Archives your league stats, etc.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #10
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Still like CBS. A little expensive, and opening day always features a few black-outs, but it's been great. Archives your league stats, etc.
fanball is very comparable to foxsports but alot less in price. I did like foxsports until i found fanball
Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #11
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
plenty, one look at scoring alone and you would know (my league has bonus scoring and such that yahoo couldnt even begin to offer, much less some other pay for sites). also plenty of options at scheduling, customizing, playoffs etc...

and if you split the cost of $70 between your whole league its hardly anything per person. Yahoo is great for free leagues, etc.. but a comp league yahoo is NOT were it is at.
Yahoo has bonus scoring. In my league you get a bonus for over 150 yards receiving or rushing and over 400 yards passing. That can be changed but it is what we use. Playoffs can also be customized depending on how many teams you want to make it. What do you do for scheduling?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Yahoo has bonus scoring. In my league you get a bonus for over 150 yards receiving or rushing and over 400 yards passing. That can be changed but it is what we use. Playoffs can also be customized depending on how many teams you want to make it. What do you do for scheduling?
yahoo doesnt have historical data for leagues (unless that has changed since I last used 2 years ago), it isnt nearly as in depth on scoring. Until you use it you really dont know the difference. im glad yahoo works for you, but we tried it and it didnt work what so ever for us.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

lets not even mention the accouting it can do for you, honors/trophies, stat breakdown by team, division, head to head, vs league, etc
Old 08-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #14
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
yahoo doesnt have historical data for leagues (unless that has changed since I last used 2 years ago), it isnt nearly as in depth on scoring. Until you use it you really dont know the difference. im glad yahoo works for you, but we tried it and it didnt work what so ever for us.
It does have historical data, just as long is you renew your previous league instead of just creating a new one.
ksBRONCOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #15
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksBRONCOfan View Post
It does have historical data, just as long is you renew your previous league instead of just creating a new one.
what type? just wondering, because I had never seen that and I use to be in the max amount of leagues yahoo allowed
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
what type? just wondering, because I had never seen that and I use to be in the max amount of leagues yahoo allowed
We started out on the basic fantasy football and then did Plus for a couple years, but it has the entire history of our league on there.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
We started out on the basic fantasy football and then did Plus for a couple years, but it has the entire history of our league on there.
Basic also has the past years history.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #18
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
just scores and standings, or does it also do head to head(vs league or a specific team), playoff vs reg season, breakdown of top players by year and by overall history?

but yo ualso have to pay for plus correct? i remember it was cheap but still pay for
Old 08-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #19
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

and keep in mind I dont mean you can see 2009, 2008 stuff, I mean it will break down 2004 - 2009 all together and you can see your winning % against any and or all teams, top players in that range etc...
Old 08-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #20
ksBRONCOfan
I love beer and Broncos!

YUM-O!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I can't remember how detailed it gets and I can't check it at work (blocked for gaming)... Last year Plus was dirt cheap and this year looks like there is no Plus anymore.