The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Default Albert Haynesworth is "tired of this B.S."

Albert Haynesworth is "tired of this B.S."

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 30, 2010 11:18 AM ET
You can only push Albert Haynesworth so far before he spouts off.

"I'm tired of this B.S., I just want to get out on field and play football," Haynesworth told NBC4 in Washington on Thursday evening, before he failed the team's conditioning test for a second time.

We wonder how he feels now.

Even some teammates have "privately expressed concerned" Mike Shanahan is just trying to make an example of Haynesworth, according to Jason Reid of the Washington Post. One player say that "few players" are capable of passing the test that only Haynesworth has been required to take.

Haynesworth will get to take his third crack at the test Saturday morning; we'll see if Shanahan feels his defensive lineman has been humbled enough yet to let him practice.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

don't **** with the "little man upstairs.....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Hmmm, and so Mike is copying McD and his conditioning test?

What a difference two years off makes!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Is he pushing the sled like Too Fat To Practice?

Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Hmmm, and so Mike is copying McD and his conditioning test?

What a difference two years off makes!

Also, he's having his players practice on a grassy field... Just like McD.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
Borks147
the dude abides...

didn't mcd do the same thing with champ? I guess it must be something like prison where you have to pick a fight with someone so the rest of the dudes don't shank you.
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
Borks147
the dude abides...

ah good call bm - thats what happens when you open multiple tabs
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

ShanaStalin.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

shanny's screwing this up, imo.

i get that he's sending a message to those players of less stature than fat al that no one is above reproach. i also get that albert is a slob with very little work ethic or internal motivation.

but a power struggle in your first months could very well make 2010 a wasted year since you can't trade away all those who don't buy in or who are alienated by your strong arming of a supremely talented guy you'll need to go to war for you. yes, his teammates--the ones who will talk--have hammered albert for his offseason act, but you surely have guys on that team that are in his corner, especially after seeing the pi$$ing contest that the newcomer, shanny, is willing to get into on day one of training camp.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

oh, and color me grateful that we didn't make a play for this cancerous behemoth.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #11
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I'm not sure what McD's conditioning test is, but from what I've heard reported here, the Shanatest is 3 300 yard shuttle runs. That's a lot of sprinting for a DT.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #12
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I'm not sure what McD's conditioning test is, but from what I've heard reported here, the Shanatest is 3 300 yard shuttle runs. That's a lot of sprinting for a DT.
i concur. no DL in a 3-4 scheme will have to run more than 15 yards in any direction, maybe twice.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

i get that he's sending a message to those players of less stature than fat al that no one is above reproach. i also get that albert is a slob with very little work ethic or internal motivation.

but a power struggle in your first months could very well make 2010 a wasted year since you can't trade away all those who don't buy in or who are alienated by your strong arming of a supremely talented guy you'll need to go to war for you. yes, his teammates--the ones who will talk--have hammered albert for his offseason act, but you surely have guys on that team that are in his corner, especially after seeing the pi$$ing contest that the newcomer, shanny, is willing to get into on day one of training camp.

I think that's the point. This is something that is common to first year coaches of struggling programs. Create a division in the locker room, and determine who is with you and who isn't. Look at the Broncos from last season. Everyone who wasn't with the program is cleaned out now, and by year two, the coach has "his" guys.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #14
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think that's the point. This is something that is common to first year coaches of struggling programs. Create a division in the locker room, and determine who is with you and who isn't. Look at the Broncos from last season. Everyone who wasn't with the program is cleaned out now, and by year two, the coach has "his" guys.
Can't fault the concept, really. The players need to buy in completely on what the coach is selling, or they won't act like a team.

I'm impressed McD has been able to completely overhaul the team in just one year into "his" guys. I'm interested to see how this plays out for Shanahan out there as well.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
This isn't really a young team, is it? I don't see how a locker room division--which will likely make 2010 a waste--will benefit the vets who will be one year older by the time some, but not all, of 'his' guys are added in 2011--a lockout year with uncertainty in the CBA. Everyone's gotta push it to win this year because next year may be a whole new beast economically. This current defense will be better with albert, plain and simple. If he dogs it in practice or games, then you have grounds to suspend or inactivate, but right now, it's just a public spectacle and I'm not sure if anyone is benefitting.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
Can't fault the concept, really. The players need to buy in completely on what the coach is selling, or they won't act like a team.

I'm impressed McD has been able to completely overhaul the team in just one year into "his" guys. I'm interested to see how this plays out for Shanahan out there as well.
I'm interested in whether the fans in this area will understand it and remain patient. Lord knows a lot of Denver fans have no been able to navigate the transition peacefully, and a lot of Skin fans are already predicting an NFC east crown.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #17
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
This isn't really a young team, is it? I don't see how a locker room division--which will likely make 2010 a waste--will benefit the vets who will be one year older by the time some, but not all, of 'his' guys are added in 2011--a lockout year with uncertainty in the CBA. Everyone's gotta push it to win this year because next year may be a whole new beast economically. This current defense will be better with albert, plain and simple. If he dogs it in practice or games, then you have grounds to suspend or inactivate, but right now, it's just a public spectacle and I'm not sure if anyone is benefitting.

My best buddy is a Redskins fan. From the conversations I've had with him, nobody is expecting Shanahan to fix that team in one season.

-I probably shouldn't say "nobody." There's always the over the top optimists. But my buddy says that there are a lot of fundamental problems with the team that need to be fixed. Attitude is one of them.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

dont piss off shanahan. albert made this bed, now he needs to fix it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #19
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
My best buddy is a Redskins fan. From the conversations I've had with him, nobody is expecting Shanahan to fix that team in one season.

-I probably shouldn't say "nobody." There's always the over the top optimists. But my buddy says that there are a lot of fundamental problems with the team that need to be fixed. Attitude is one of them.
Fair enough, though Dan Snyder expects every coach he's hired to fix his team in less than one training camp...lol
Old 07-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #20
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

When you a hire a coach to run your team, he deserves the right to change anything and do everything he believes will make the team win. Impeding your head coach, even with the best of intentions, only emasculates him to the players.

And too bad, Haynesworth. You're paid to do what the coach says.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Albert should do as he is told because he is wiping his ass with 100 dollar bills.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #22
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

Thankfully, rational Broncos fans didn't have that expectation of McD either.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #23
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I agree with your overall idea here, but disagree in this particular case. I think we saw that issue with Mcd's handling of Cutler, because though Cutler didn't have the whole team fanatic to him, he had a circle of young talented offensive players who were pissed all year. And we had exactly the situation you said.

With Haynesworth though I'd make the argument his teammates are sick of his ****. Of course Shanny could be pushing too far, but for the most part this is a guy who has not only been outright defiant, but he also was given the option to leave or collect a huge bonus and be quiet, and he collected the bonus then wasn't quiet. I think his team is pretty pissed at him.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #24
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I agree with your overall idea here, but disagree in this particular case. I think we saw that issue with Mcd's handling of Cutler, because though Cutler didn't have the whole team fanatic to him, he had a circle of young talented offensive players who were pissed all year. And we had exactly the situation you said.

With Haynesworth though I'd make the argument his teammates are sick of his ****. Of course Shanny could be pushing too far, but for the most part this is a guy who has not only been outright defiant, but he also was given the option to leave or collect a huge bonus and be quiet, and he collected the bonus then wasn't quiet. I think his team is pretty pissed at him.
Why are you here? Aren't you not a Broncos fan anymore?
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #25
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I love me some Shanahan.

At this point, what would Shanahan have to lose with the guy quitting? He'd go after a big portion of his signing bonus, right?

Haynesworth is in a no-win position. Best thing he could do, at this point, is pass the conditioning test.

I just read a column by Mike Wise of the Washington Post where he's actually asking Shanahan to go easy on the big fellow. It sounds like yesterday was painful to watch, and that was just the first day of the failed test.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote