The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,252
Default Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant

Report: Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2010 4:23 PM ET
The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,954

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

So do I.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Really Tebow? So much for all that team player crap. He doesn't even believe he needs to prove himself before making dumb demands. This is exactly what Crabtree wanted... Rookie pay is already the biggest thing wrong with the NFL today and Tebow wants more.

Way to improve the character of the team McDaniels. Unless this isn't true. Then I take it all back.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,991
Default

Tebow wants veteran shoulder pad toting compensation.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
PRBronco
Ring of Famer
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

You're dead to me, Tim Tebow.

Damn it, now what am I going to do with all this Jockey and Nike activewear?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
garandman
Seasoned Veteran
 
Your in my sights!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
So do I.
Don't everyone start freaking out... It's a half day guys... And yes he does deserve more than a WR....Does everyone think he should pay for peanuts?
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

I pay for peanuts, he should to
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 
missingnumber7's Avatar
 
GO Bison Kick OU

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bismarck
Posts: 4,728

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
Tebow wants veteran shoulder pad toting compensation.
No he just doesn't think he should carry either Quinn or Ortons pads. And that they should carry his...after all he is TEBOW.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,519

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
So do I.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Really Tebow? So much for all that team player crap. He doesn't even believe he needs to prove himself before making dumb demands. This is exactly what Crabtree wanted... Rookie pay is already the biggest thing wrong with the NFL today and Tebow wants more.

Way to improve the character of the team McDaniels. Unless this isn't true. Then I take it all back.
the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

You're a retard. A very special retard. Very, very special.

It's not exactly what crabtree wanted. Crabtree wanted more pay because he was projected to go higher than Heyward-Bey, and so he thought he deserved more. That WAS dumb.

Quarterback IS a premium position. Quarterbacks REGULARLY get more money paid to them than the players drafted immediately ahead of them, if those players aren't quarterbacks.

So again. You're retarded.

And before you bother, I thought it might be interesting to see what you had to say on the matter, so I looked at this specific post. I know you get your panties in a wad anytime anyone (and everyone) says you're on ignore, so I'm sure you'll have some sort of interesting comment for me. Fortunately, after this comment, I'm more comfortable than ever with you on iggy.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #11
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Rookie QB's have always received a premium. This is no different. I say pay the kid...otherwise, why did we pick him in the first place.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
diehardbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 464

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Report: Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2010 4:23 PM ET
The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."
Alright, I might just be ignorant, but don't QB's almost always get a premium? I don't think this is news to anyone.
diehardbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Rookie QB's have always received a premium. This is no different. I say pay the kid...otherwise, why did we pick him in the first place.
Because he puts the team and winning ahead of his personal glory and goals .....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,945
Default

He was picked 25th Bryant was picked 24th so no he shouldn't get more than Bryant take what your slot gets and get to camp
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbroncosfan View Post
Alright, I might just be ignorant, but don't QB's almost always get a premium? I don't think this is news to anyone.
Yeah, i thought this was always the case.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Really Tebow? So much for all that team player crap. He doesn't even believe he needs to prove himself before making dumb demands. This is exactly what Crabtree wanted... Rookie pay is already the biggest thing wrong with the NFL today and Tebow wants more.

Way to improve the character of the team McDaniels. Unless this isn't true. Then I take it all back.
Overreaction of the century! An Agent wants his player to get more money based on his value, and the fact that he's a QB. Hardly the first time this has happened.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #17
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,228
Default

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list.

Please don't quote this ignoramus...........
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

You're a retard. A very special retard. Very, very special.

It's not exactly what crabtree wanted. Crabtree wanted more pay because he was projected to go higher than Heyward-Bey, and so he thought he deserved more. That WAS dumb.

Quarterback IS a premium position. Quarterbacks REGULARLY get more money paid to them than the players drafted immediately ahead of them, if those players aren't quarterbacks.

So again. You're retarded.

And before you bother, I thought it might be interesting to see what you had to say on the matter, so I looked at this specific post. I know you get your panties in a wad anytime anyone (and everyone) says you're on ignore, so I'm sure you'll have some sort of interesting comment for me. Fortunately, after this comment, I'm more comfortable than ever with you on iggy.
Riiight. Agents just do what they want without the players say. The players don't even know what is on the contract, they just sign it when its done. You sure told me!

Anyways, I have no problem with you having me on ignore. I just like laughing about the big deal you make about having me on ignore as you still read and respond to my posts. I find it entertaining.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #19
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,062
Default

"I want to be in camp"
"There will be no hold out"

Sweet, go Tebow!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Overreaction of the century! An Agent wants his player to get more money based on his value, and the fact that he's a QB. Hardly the first time this has happened.
Really? I don't remember Cutler demanding more than the player taken ahead of him. I guess we shouldn't compare this situation to that of a wanted QB though.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Riiight. Agents just do what they want without the players say. The players don't even know what is on the contract, they just sign it when its done. You sure told me!

Anyways, I have no problem with you having me on ignore. I just like laughing about the big deal you make about having me on ignore as you still read and respond to my posts. I find it entertaining.
For the sake of the NFLPA, Tebow needs to get fair market value for himself. Thats the way this works, its why players dont give teams HUGE hometown discounts.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #22
diehardbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 464

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
He was picked 25th Bryant was picked 24th so no he shouldn't get more than Bryant take what your slot gets and get to camp
I don't think it works that way. For example in the 2007 NFL Draft, Reggie Nelson was picked 20th and Brady Quinn was picked 21st. Nelson went on to sign a five year contract worth $13.2 million while Quinn went on to sign a five year contract worth $20.2 million. Now if you're saying that Tebow should just take less, potentially losing that much money, fine, but this is still a business (and a dangerous one at that) and Tebow is worth more than Dez Bryant at this point. I highly doubt you would give up $7 million just because you were picked one slot behind somebody else. Tebow may want to get to camp, but it would be financially irresponsible for his agent to leave that much money on the table.
diehardbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Really? I don't remember Cutler demanding more than the player taken ahead of him. I guess we shouldn't compare this situation to that of a wanted QB though.
I dont remember the details of cutlers contract, but QBs tend to make more than other positional players. Not to mention, Tebow is gonna make the Denver Broncos (and probably already has A LOT of money this year). Seriously, grow up. I dont see your boy cutler playing for free either, c'mon.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #24
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

He deserves more than Bryant.

1. He plays a higher premium position

and

2. Even more importantly, Bryant signed a ridiculous contract that was millions below what he should've signed and if he can field 1-2 1000 yard seasons will be beating down the door for a pay raise because he's an idiot.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #25
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbroncosfan View Post
Alright, I might just be ignorant, but don't QB's almost always get a premium? I don't think this is news to anyone.
No, it's because Tebow isn't about team-first, and McD is a lying a-hole.

Good times!

__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Response to the "Very Little of Tim Tebows Game Translates to the NFL Post" prunch Orange Mane Central Discussion 33 01-05-2011 07:31 AM
Tim Tebow -- working out in Memphis BowlenBall Orange Mane Central Discussion 34 05-12-2010 08:03 PM
Tim Tebow Fun Facts Pony Boy Orange Mane Central Discussion 17 04-26-2010 10:32 PM
Tim Tebow 2.0 debuts at Gators pro day (Wednesday) strafen Orange Mane Central Discussion 52 03-18-2010 07:39 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Denver Broncos