The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Default Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant

Report: Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2010 4:23 PM ET
The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

So do I.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Really Tebow? So much for all that team player crap. He doesn't even believe he needs to prove himself before making dumb demands. This is exactly what Crabtree wanted... Rookie pay is already the biggest thing wrong with the NFL today and Tebow wants more.

Way to improve the character of the team McDaniels. Unless this isn't true. Then I take it all back.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Tebow wants veteran shoulder pad toting compensation.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
PRBronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

You're dead to me, Tim Tebow.

Damn it, now what am I going to do with all this Jockey and Nike activewear?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
garandman
Seasoned Veteran

Your in my sights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
So do I.
Don't everyone start freaking out... It's a half day guys... And yes he does deserve more than a WR....Does everyone think he should pay for peanuts?
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I pay for peanuts, he should to
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

GO Bison Kick OU

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
Tebow wants veteran shoulder pad toting compensation.
No he just doesn't think he should carry either Quinn or Ortons pads. And that they should carry his...after all he is TEBOW.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
So do I.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Really Tebow? So much for all that team player crap. He doesn't even believe he needs to prove himself before making dumb demands. This is exactly what Crabtree wanted... Rookie pay is already the biggest thing wrong with the NFL today and Tebow wants more.

Way to improve the character of the team McDaniels. Unless this isn't true. Then I take it all back.
the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

You're a retard. A very special retard. Very, very special.

It's not exactly what crabtree wanted. Crabtree wanted more pay because he was projected to go higher than Heyward-Bey, and so he thought he deserved more. That WAS dumb.

Quarterback IS a premium position. Quarterbacks REGULARLY get more money paid to them than the players drafted immediately ahead of them, if those players aren't quarterbacks.

So again. You're retarded.

And before you bother, I thought it might be interesting to see what you had to say on the matter, so I looked at this specific post. I know you get your panties in a wad anytime anyone (and everyone) says you're on ignore, so I'm sure you'll have some sort of interesting comment for me. Fortunately, after this comment, I'm more comfortable than ever with you on iggy.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #11
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Rookie QB's have always received a premium. This is no different. I say pay the kid...otherwise, why did we pick him in the first place.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
diehardbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Report: Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2010 4:23 PM ET
The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."
Alright, I might just be ignorant, but don't QB's almost always get a premium? I don't think this is news to anyone.
diehardbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Rookie QB's have always received a premium. This is no different. I say pay the kid...otherwise, why did we pick him in the first place.
Because he puts the team and winning ahead of his personal glory and goals .....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

He was picked 25th Bryant was picked 24th so no he shouldn't get more than Bryant take what your slot gets and get to camp
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbroncosfan View Post
Alright, I might just be ignorant, but don't QB's almost always get a premium? I don't think this is news to anyone.
Yeah, i thought this was always the case.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Overreaction of the century! An Agent wants his player to get more money based on his value, and the fact that he's a QB. Hardly the first time this has happened.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #17
Paladin
Ring of Famer

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list.

Please don't quote this ignoramus...........
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

You're a retard. A very special retard. Very, very special.

It's not exactly what crabtree wanted. Crabtree wanted more pay because he was projected to go higher than Heyward-Bey, and so he thought he deserved more. That WAS dumb.

Quarterback IS a premium position. Quarterbacks REGULARLY get more money paid to them than the players drafted immediately ahead of them, if those players aren't quarterbacks.

So again. You're retarded.

And before you bother, I thought it might be interesting to see what you had to say on the matter, so I looked at this specific post. I know you get your panties in a wad anytime anyone (and everyone) says you're on ignore, so I'm sure you'll have some sort of interesting comment for me. Fortunately, after this comment, I'm more comfortable than ever with you on iggy.
Riiight. Agents just do what they want without the players say. The players don't even know what is on the contract, they just sign it when its done. You sure told me!

Anyways, I have no problem with you having me on ignore. I just like laughing about the big deal you make about having me on ignore as you still read and respond to my posts. I find it entertaining.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #19
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

"I want to be in camp"
"There will be no hold out"

Sweet, go Tebow!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Overreaction of the century! An Agent wants his player to get more money based on his value, and the fact that he's a QB. Hardly the first time this has happened.
Really? I don't remember Cutler demanding more than the player taken ahead of him. I guess we shouldn't compare this situation to that of a wanted QB though.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Riiight. Agents just do what they want without the players say. The players don't even know what is on the contract, they just sign it when its done. You sure told me!

Anyways, I have no problem with you having me on ignore. I just like laughing about the big deal you make about having me on ignore as you still read and respond to my posts. I find it entertaining.
For the sake of the NFLPA, Tebow needs to get fair market value for himself. Thats the way this works, its why players dont give teams HUGE hometown discounts.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #22
diehardbroncosfan
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
He was picked 25th Bryant was picked 24th so no he shouldn't get more than Bryant take what your slot gets and get to camp
I don't think it works that way. For example in the 2007 NFL Draft, Reggie Nelson was picked 20th and Brady Quinn was picked 21st. Nelson went on to sign a five year contract worth $13.2 million while Quinn went on to sign a five year contract worth $20.2 million. Now if you're saying that Tebow should just take less, potentially losing that much money, fine, but this is still a business (and a dangerous one at that) and Tebow is worth more than Dez Bryant at this point. I highly doubt you would give up $7 million just because you were picked one slot behind somebody else. Tebow may want to get to camp, but it would be financially irresponsible for his agent to leave that much money on the table.
diehardbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Really? I don't remember Cutler demanding more than the player taken ahead of him. I guess we shouldn't compare this situation to that of a wanted QB though.
I dont remember the details of cutlers contract, but QBs tend to make more than other positional players. Not to mention, Tebow is gonna make the Denver Broncos (and probably already has A LOT of money this year). Seriously, grow up. I dont see your boy cutler playing for free either, c'mon.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #24
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

He deserves more than Bryant.

1. He plays a higher premium position

and

2. Even more importantly, Bryant signed a ridiculous contract that was millions below what he should've signed and if he can field 1-2 1000 yard seasons will be beating down the door for a pay raise because he's an idiot.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #25
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbroncosfan View Post
No, it's because Tebow isn't about team-first, and McD is a lying a-hole.

Good times!