The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default OT: Starcraft II

Release date is tomorrow. WHOOOT !! Best RTS game ever. Am I the only person jazzed about this? I remember a thread a couple of years ago on it.

Anyway.....carry on.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,746
Default

Nerd
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!
 
brncs_fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Coaches Cradle...Eastern Illinois University
Posts: 5,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo
Default

brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brncs_fan View Post
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

SO
****ING
STOKED

Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

It's just an RTS right? I don't understand why people get so amped about this. The only RTS I've ever enjoyed has been the Civ series, and now the Civ 5 is coming out in Sept, and that's something worth getting stoked about.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
It's just an RTS right? I don't understand why people get so amped about this. The only RTS I've ever enjoyed has been the Civ series, and now the Civ 5 is coming out in Sept, and that's something worth getting stoked about.
No....not just an RTS....the best RTS of all time.

And supposedly there are elements of RPG in it as well. I'm not saying it's my favorite game of all time (Fallout 3).....but Starcraft was a great game, nevertheless. And Blizzard is one of the best game designers, as well.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,831
Default

Hell it's about time
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
No....not just an RTS....the best RTS of all time.

And supposedly there are elements of RPG in it as well. I'm not saying it's my favorite game of all time (Fallout 3).....but Starcraft was a great game, nevertheless. And Blizzard is one of the best game designers, as well.
Yeah, it's just the whole build a barrack for soldiers, a research building to upgrade soldiers, etc, ad nasuem. It just gets a little bit repetitive, no matter how well done.

I gave Dawn of War a try, it's RTS with a lot of RPG elements but the smallness of the maps and the repetitiveness of hte gameplay through me off. I'll try SC2 I suppose.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Yeah, it's just the whole build a barrack for soldiers, a research building to upgrade soldiers, etc, ad nasuem. It just gets a little bit repetitive, no matter how well done.

I gave Dawn of War a try, it's RTS with a lot of RPG elements but the smallness of the maps and the repetitiveness of hte gameplay through me off. I'll try SC2 I suppose.
Yeah......to each their own. My brother and I both rave about Fallout 3 (RPG w/ 1st person shooter element).......but he can't stand Starcraft, or most other RTSs for that matter. He just doesn't like the constant management/upkeep/"babysitting" of the troops/buildings, etc. I love it.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I will get it for the campaign. I doubt there is any chance I get into it online, because I am an adult now.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I doubt there is any chance I get into it online, because I am an adult now.
How are you going to meet girls, though?
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
It's just an RTS right? I don't understand why people get so amped about this. The only RTS I've ever enjoyed has been the Civ series, and now the Civ 5 is coming out in Sept, and that's something worth getting stoked about.
Civ isn't an RTS, it's turn-based.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #14
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Civ isn't an RTS, it's turn-based.
You're right. Sometimes I lose sight of the acronym, but certainly Civ shares a lot in common with RTS like Starcraft, age of empires, etc.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #15
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
You're right. Sometimes I lose sight of the acronym, but certainly Civ shares a lot in common with RTS like Starcraft, age of empires, etc.
Oh, sure, but it is something else.

Anyways, it's been 11 years. You'll forgive us if we're a bit excited.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.
 
randomtask's Avatar
 
Like a complete unknown

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 692

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton
Default

I preordered it about a week ago, really excited about it.

Not gonna lie, this is going to kill my social life for at least a couple months.



The zerg rushing will commence.
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
It's just an RTS right? I don't understand why people get so amped about this. The only RTS I've ever enjoyed has been the Civ series, and now the Civ 5 is coming out in Sept, and that's something worth getting stoked about.
Just to clarify. Civ is a 4x strategy. Not an RTS.

*edit*

Beaten to the punch. Oh well.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.
 
randomtask's Avatar
 
Like a complete unknown

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 692

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton
Default

Oh by the way, if you didn't play the first starcraft's single player campaign, or just don't remember, this video should catch you up.

randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #19
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #20
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Ok **** me. I got all nostalgic and bought it and have been playing for hours now.

Im disappointed I have to buy 3 ****ing games though.

Anyone playing online? I've been getting a solid Protoss going.

Doggcow@gmail.com is my Bnet.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Get ready for the entire country of South Korea to shut down for about a month.
Bronco Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #22
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer
 
Mr.Meanie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,606

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I've never played the first one, but I plan on getting this. I don't have much time for gaming though... is the battle.net ladder system pretty decent for (very) casual players?
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #23
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
Get ready for the entire country of South Korea to shut down for about a month.
This is no joke. When I lived there there were entire pc cafes loaded with adults and kids doing nothing but playing star craft ALL DAY.

My brother and my friend both beta tested this. They said the zerg still isn't fleshed out and they were pretty "meh" about the whole thing. I'll wait and just watch the clips of the story on you tube. I want to see Rainer pwn that b**** Kerrigan.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #24
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
I've never played the first one, but I plan on getting this. I don't have much time for gaming though... is the battle.net ladder system pretty decent for (very) casual players?
dont expect a solid record. A lot of people like to make grunt accounts to **** on noobs.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #25
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is no joke. When I lived there there were entire pc cafes loaded with adults and kids doing nothing but playing star craft ALL DAY.

My brother and my friend both beta tested this. They said the zerg still isn't fleshed out and they were pretty "meh" about the whole thing. I'll wait and just watch the clips of the story on you tube. I want to see Rainer pwn that b**** Kerrigan.
Gonna be waiting a few months before you get to know the Zerg campaign.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Early look at StarCraft II Strategies Taco John Orange Mane Central Discussion 46 05-28-2010 10:23 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Denver Broncos