The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default Anyone else following the Tour de France during the lull before TC?

OK it is really dull at this time of year hence:

This is the 3rd year I have watched and it is starting to make sense, though there is still a lot of stuff I don't get, like time-trial stages. I started watching for the scenery, old castles and history but the more I watch the more I get hooked.

I really like the mountain stages with guys like Schleck and Contador baiting each other trying to "break" each other. They are literally trying to break each others will to finish each stage but rather than use fists they are riding bikes for a couple hundred miles for a month.

Rooting for Andy Schleck though I respect Contador.

It's on Verses usually around 1:30pm Central each day Thank god for DVR'S!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Let's put it this way: I had more interest in the World Cup than I do in the Tour de France.

Ouch.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

not a minute of it, there is more drug use in that event than a crack house in the desert.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Only highlights of a massive fall of 30 riders. If I attended one of those, I would get those annoying Soccer horns and blast one at the riders as they come around a blind spot to really give it great effect.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
not a minute of it, there is more drug use in that event than at Meth Alley in Iowa.
fixed it for ya.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Have to say how Contador attacked today was shameful. Waiting for a mechanical faliure to attack....scared little bit ch. The crowd booing at the end when Contador put on the yellow jersey was awsome. The next couple of days will be interesting. Schleck has won over the fans as Contador has become the hated villian on his actions today and the fued he had had with
Armstrong last year. He was jelious of all the attention Armstrong was getting over himself.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
Have to say how Contador attacked today was shameful. Waiting for a mechanical faliure to attack....scared little bit ch. The crowd booing at the end when Contador put on the yellow jersey was awsome. The next couple of days will be interesting. Schleck has won over the fans as Contador has become the hated villian on his actions today and the fued he had had with
Armstrong last year. He was jelious of all the attention Armstrong was getting over himself.
There is something about Contador I never liked either and I am new to the event.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I have been following the tour for years. Just cant seem to get enough. Seems to fall at the perfect time of year when nothing is happening (not a baseball fan). Im even thinking of traveling next year to catch a couple of stages and visiting the country.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
not a minute of it, there is more drug use in that event than a crack house in the desert.
If you don't think that is the case in every sport your deluded. Baseball was rampant with roids for a good 10 years and no one cared. Football and baseball players are still getting suspensions for all kind of drugs to this day.

I think there will always be people trying to bend the rules. I think cycling has tried to clean up it's act just as baseball has.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
agreed, that pissed me off! i hope schleck gets his "revenge" tomorrow/thursday.
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Meck77

I've never followed biking but can appreciate the sport for what it is unlike all the people in here who made it a point to tell us how much they hated world cup soccer for some reason.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I've never followed biking but can appreciate the sport for what it is unlike all the people in here who made it a point to tell us how much they hated world cup soccer for some reason.
Cheers to that! I love sport. All sport! Some of my favorite (non-Broncos) sporting memories are watching Lance in the Tour de France, watching distance runners I knew growing up in the Sidney Summer Olympics at 4am, and going out to a bar in downtown Denver to watch the U.S. take on England in the World Cup - not cause I gave two shakes about soccer, but because it seemed like it would be awesome to see us win. The atmosphere was amazing, packed wall to wall with people waiving flags and chanting U.S.A. the whole time.

Long live Sport.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote