The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,828

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default BP has stopped the leak

On the news
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

CNN is reporting on it if anyone cares. Everyone's being pretty tentative and cautious when talking about it.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Champagne Powder
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 313

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

**** BP. They're not even worth a thread here.
Champagne Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,828

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
CNN is reporting on it if anyone cares. Everyone's being pretty tentative and cautious when talking about it.
As they should.


Supposedly they put a wedding band on it and then it stopped puttng out.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer
 
Mr.Meanie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,606

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

for now....
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Stopped it coming out the pipe, the concern is the pressure forcing other leaks that can never be stopped. Oil and gass can be forced out of the ocean floor almost anywhere.

Remember they went with the cheaper pipe and because of the methane pocket they the pressures are far greater than they engineered for.

Last edited by baja; 07-15-2010 at 02:40 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,505

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

I hope they are right. It was getting a bit ridiculous...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,237

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Far from over... so far.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
As they should.


Supposedly they put a wedding band on it and then it stopped puttng out.
/rimshot
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,615

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

I wonder how Tebow did it?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

"It's not the begining of the end, but perhaps, the end of the begining."

I just made that up...
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
"It's not the begining of the end, but perhaps, the end of the begining."

I just made that up...
That's pretty good Mock I like it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Far from over... so far.
Really I think it is over. As far as it being something people talk about. Watch how fast it slips from the news out anywhere but where people really care about the clean up.

I knew they would eventually figure it out. Hopefully this means no matter what if it happened again it wouldn't be 85 days.

I have faith in engineers of todays world. These guys are smart and in the end will figure it out.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #16
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
"It's not the begining of the end, but perhaps, the end of the begining."

I just made that up...


"You did?"

"NOW THIS IS NOT THE END. IT'S NOT EVEN THE BEGINNING OF THE END"
BUT IT IS, PERHAPS, THE END OF THE BEGINNING"
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #17
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Really I think it is over. As far as it being something people talk about. Watch how fast it slips from the news out anywhere but where people really care about the clean up.

I knew they would eventually figure it out. Hopefully this means no matter what if it happened again it wouldn't be 85 days.

I have faith in engineers of todays world. These guys are smart and in the end will figure it out.
Right! It only took 85 days to stop something that should never have begun if it were engineered right and we still don't know the extent of the damage.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #18
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,997

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post


"You did?"

"NOW THIS IS NOT THE END. IT'S NOT EVEN THE BEGINNING OF THE END"
BUT IT IS, PERHAPS, THE END OF THE BEGINNING"
Holy crap! Mock is Winston Churchill? This explains a lot... kind of... not really...
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #19
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Holy crap! Mock is Winston Churchill? This explains a lot... kind of... not really...
Well, I knew he was a good painter. But this?

Mock, you've been holding out on us.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Right! It only took 85 days to stop something that should never have begun if it were engineered right and we still don't know the extent of the damage.
Well I bet it wasn't a design engineer like my dad was that did that Baja. That was something IMO done at the jobsite....or the companay didn't invest to develop the right safety measures. Had they engineers could have done it no problem. Are there crappy ones? yes of course.

My point stands. America and the world in general have some amazing engineers. Once the best get put on something that any big corporation can bring to the table things eventually get solved.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #21
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,539
Default

Cue selfcongratulatory press event from Obamao...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #22
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Well I bet it wasn't a design engineer like my dad was that did that Baja. That was something IMO done at the jobsite....or the companay didn't invest to develop the right safety measures. Had they engineers could have done it no problem. Are there crappy ones? yes of course.

My point stands. America and the world in general have some amazing engineers. Once the best get put on something that any big corporation can bring to the table things eventually get solved.
Your right it's porbably not an engineering problem it's likely a bottom line money problem. As long as these corp leaders screw up with impunity they will continue to disregard their responsibilities. They should hang a few as an example.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #23
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Holy crap! Mock is Winston Churchill? This explains a lot... kind of... not really...

WC did go off on a drunken, incoherent rant on occasion.....
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Your right it's porbably not an engineering problem it's likely a bottom line money problem. As long as these corp leaders screw up with impunity they will continue to disregard their responsibilities. They should hang a few as an example.

Have to wonder why an oil rig was built 50 miles from the coast using equipment and technology and damage control procedures designed for shallower depths...EPA gets to skirt and avoid some responsibility again I suppose.



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #25
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Have to wonder why an oil rig was built 50 miles from the coast using equipment and technology and damage control procedures designed for shallower depths...EPA gets to skirt and avoid some responsibility again I suppose.



This is a long way from over.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Denver Broncos