The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Chinese Airport Closes Because of UFO

"A Chinese airport was closed after this mysterious object was spotted in the sky."


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz0tFVZCTUq


No joke...check out the picture.

Click the link.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Says it may be a test aircraft from a local space development.

Looks like some crazy giant airship.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,809
Default

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

It was a Hundi
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,721
Default

Hmm, maybe the story updated but the version I read seemed to identify it pretty easily "was actually debris from a US intercontinental ballistic missile"
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
"A Chinese airport was closed after this mysterious object was spotted in the sky."


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz0tFVZCTUq


No joke...check out the picture.

Click the link.
The Chinese government sooo wants to be like the US government, no? How does the US contol the public? Incite fear of the unknown....
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Hmm, maybe the story updated but the version I read seemed to identify it pretty easily "was actually debris from a US intercontinental ballistic missile"
That first pic doesnt look like a ballistic missle.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Hmm, maybe the story updated but the version I read seemed to identify it pretty easily "was actually debris from a US intercontinental ballistic missile"
Since when did missiles have lights?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Since when did missiles have lights?
or windows?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,112
Default

I think it would be a pretty big deal if the US was launching ICBMs over China, unless I'm missing something here.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

That's the last missile China buys at Walmart.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

It's Aurora, imo.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Let me elaborate that my believing in the existence of Aurora is no less far fetched than someone believing it's from outer space. Both are assumptions of the unknown.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Let me elaborate that my believing in the existence of Aurora is no less far fetched than someone believing it's from outer space. Both are assumptions of the unknown.
Isn't Aurora fairly easily explained by science?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"Yet more conclusive proof that our planet is on the verge of an intergalactic attack by alien lifeforms - and still, the powers that be do nothing. It's disgusting.
- Stig, Berwick Upon Tweed, 09/7/2010 16:29"

Does that remind anyone of a fellow poster here on the Mane? Conspiracy theorist nutjobs are all the same.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Isn't Aurora fairly easily explained by science?
The aircraft, not the lights. So... no.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #17
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
"Yet more conclusive proof that our planet is on the verge of an intergalactic attack by alien lifeforms - and still, the powers that be do nothing. It's disgusting.
- Stig, Berwick Upon Tweed, 09/7/2010 16:29"

Does that remind anyone of a fellow poster here on the Mane? Conspiracy theorist nutjobs are all the same.


LABF and Gaffney.

Im no psychologist and dont even play one on TV, but there has to be some kind of super paranoia complex that all of those guys have in common.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #18
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 14,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default



Weather baloon.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #19
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post


LABF and Gaffney.

Im no psychologist and dont even play one on TV, but there has to be some kind of super paranoia complex that all of those guys have in common.
I don't mind it. I think everyone has a tendency to WANT to believe that things aren't as cut and dry as they seem. I think the people that go to these extremes are just lacking some vestige of reason that stops everyone being that way.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #20
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
"Yet more conclusive proof that our planet is on the verge of an intergalactic attack by alien lifeforms - and still, the powers that be do nothing. It's disgusting.
- Stig, Berwick Upon Tweed, 09/7/2010 16:29"

Does that remind anyone of a fellow poster here on the Mane? Conspiracy theorist nutjobs are all the same.
Maybe they are looking for a price roll back
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #21
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It's Aurora, imo.
Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus IMO.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #22
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I don't mind it. I think everyone has a tendency to WANT to believe that things aren't as cut and dry as they seem. I think the people that go to these extremes are just lacking some vestige of reason that stops everyone being that way.
I have a friend who became schizophrenic. I had not known it (nobody else had either) until he called me one day to tell me that "the government" was monitoring him, and to write everything he was about to disclose to me down because he was about to be imprisoned and we needed to know what happened (of course). He then told me that "the government" (no doubt had to be Dick Cheney as he is the hub of all "the government" conspiracy theories, so he had to be pulling the strings on this one) had released "biological worms" into his room and the worms were reading, transmitting, and controlling his thoughts. Then he told me about a lightsaber battle that he had on a pile of garbage out in the middle of nowhere where a man with a shotgun gave him the choice to live or die (I later figured out what had happened...he had an episode, got out of his car in the country and wandered onto someone's property where he literally played with a toy light saber...the property owner came out with a shotgun and told him to get off his property).

Anyway, extreme paranoia and persecution complexes are symptoms of schizophrenia.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
I have a friend who became schizophrenic. I had not known it (nobody else had either) until he called me one day to tell me that "the government" was monitoring him, and to write everything he was about to disclose to me down because he was about to be imprisoned and we needed to know what happened (of course). He then told me that "the government" (no doubt had to be Dick Cheney as he is the hub of all "the government" conspiracy theories, so he had to be pulling the strings on this one) had released "biological worms" into his room and the worms were reading, transmitting, and controlling his thoughts. Then he told me about a lightsaber battle that he had on a pile of garbage out in the middle of nowhere where a man with a shotgun gave him the choice to live or die (I later figured out what had happened...he had an episode, got out of his car in the country and wandered onto someone's property where he literally played with a toy light saber...the property owner came out with a shotgun and told him to get off his property).

Anyway, extreme paranoia and persecution complexes are symptoms of schizophrenia.
Sad.

Side note: Did you know the number of severe mental issues follows a disturbingly close parallel to prior eras exorcisms?

Edit side note 2: Though... if I didn't have a kid I'd surrender my sanity for a lightsaber battle everyday of the week.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #24
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Sad.

Side note: Did you know the number of severe mental issues follows a disturbingly close parallel to prior eras exorcisms?

Edit side note 2: Though... if I didn't have a kid I'd surrender my sanity for a lightsaber battle everyday of the week.
Unfortunately the lightsaber loses to the 12-guage 10 times out of 10.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #25
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The aircraft, not the lights. So... no.
Well, the aircraft is obviously Martians.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Denver Broncos