The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's worse?
Lebron for holding a Press Confrence to tell Fans he's leaving for Miami. 28 36.84%
Art Modell for leaving Baltimore under the cover of night. 48 63.16%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default OT: Who's Worse? Lebron or Modell?

Poll Coming.

I can't believe he went through all that just to slap Cleveland fans in the face like that. I don't know what worse. What Lebron did or what Art Model with the Colts.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
extralife
Ring of Famer

Modell is way worse. Players don't owe a city anything--teams certainly do.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Enough time has passed to make the Modell act a little less ire inducing. Lebron is easily worse because he turned his back on an already cursed city. But not only did he turn his back on them he sharted on them with his ego induced Lebronathon.

They guy will never be on the level of MJ, Magic, or Oscar. Heck I dislike him more than Kobe now and I never thought that possible.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Enough time has passed to make the Modell act a little less ire inducing. Lebron is easily worse because he turned his back on an already cursed city. But not only did he turn his back on them he sharted on them with his ego induced Lebronathon.

They guy will never be on the level of MJ, Magic, or Oscar. Heck I dislike him more than Kobe now and I never thought that possible.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. Especially the kobe part. But worded much better.

Modell was much worse but the passage of time and how fresh lebronathon is distorts the severity of the two situations.
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Lebron is worse because Modell supposedly had serious financial issues and couldn't get a stadium built. And we all know what kind of a dump they were playing in.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
DivineBronco
Ring of Famer

if you like Cutler you are my enemy

the Lebron thing is awful and insulting to ohio....but it does not get any worse than Art I still despise him for taking a team from its fans and I don't even like the browns
DivineBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Lebron...he just about told the city of Cleveland it sucks and **** you in front of a national audience.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

I've never heard a guy reference himself in the royal third person before. That's gotta count for something.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

It wasn't a Press Conference, it was an hour-long primetime special.

**** Lebron.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
yerner
Ring of Famer

All this this cause Delonte deep dikked his momma. Lebron for sure cause it just happened.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #11
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
All this this cause Delonte deep dikked his momma. Lebron for sure cause it just happened.
Love that. But think how screwed up mom is. She actually thought that sleeping with one of his friends was....OK! Wow.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #12
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
When did Delonte sleep with his mom? Is that a true story? Link?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #13
randomtask
Thomas is my hero.

Like a complete unknown

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Walton

Modell was worse. Taking away an entire team (which, like the cavaliers of today, were the pride of Cleveland) from a city during the night, is worse than losing one player, however talented the player. Removing a team is like taking away part of the identity of a city, and all who live in the city.

It's pretty tragic if you think about it, how not only have the Cleveland sports franchises managed to suck on a fairly consistent basis since Jim Brown retired, but how when any of the franchises manage to get close to becoming a champion (the 80's AFC Champ. games, the 97' world series, and the cavaliers recent success) they fail in often very heartbreaking fashion. On top of this, they get events like the Modell move and the Lebron press conference. It's kind of a wonder that the city of Cleveland hasn't just given up on pro sports yet.

But still, Bob Irsay takes the cake if you're talking about biggest sports a-holes. He took over a championship-winning team, stripped it of it's stars, then orchestrated the first relocation of a well-established and supported NFL team to a geographically distant location. He didn't even let Baltimore retain the official history and legacy of the Colts while they resided within the city, something that Modell at least didn't take from Cleveland.
randomtask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:53 AM   #14
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
When did Delonte sleep with his mom? Is that a true story? Link?
http://stupidcelebrities.net/2010/05...-gloria-james/

http://www.terezowens.com/exclusive-...-with-his-mom/

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle...81474978242029
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #15
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

This is like asking, whats worse, getting stabbed in the face or getting shot in the groin.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #16
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Lebron isn't a chosen one.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #17
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I mean how playa is that man

Planes, trains, or automobiles.... Better have my doughnuts!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #18
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Art Modell was a coward for what he did. A special about LeBron is just what the media and, seemingly, the public wanted.
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #19
DivineBronco
Ring of Famer

if you like Cutler you are my enemy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...is-more-hated/
DivineBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #20
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Modell. Not close.

He took away a championship-winning team because of money.

LeBob left cleveland for less money to win a championship because the Cavs management doesn't seem to really know what the **** they're doing.

YES, he quit on Cleveland. He was a free agent. How dare he leave as a free agent!

/yawn.

Modell. Cleveland is still a football town FIRST, everything else second. And you're kidding yourself if you think the people of Cleveland wouldn't trade LeBob for a Lombardi trophy right now, this second.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #21
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Modell for being a p***Y.

Lebron gave that city seven years and he wants to try something new. He was upfront about it, weighed all the options and came forward with his decision publicly. I applaud him for doing what he believes is in his best interests. He'll get to play with great players and will make a crap load more in endorsements. He'll also get to live in Miami and not the hole of a city Cleveland. I think Lebron did what was best for him and his family and that's all anyone can ask.

And let's be clear: Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland anything. Weather you think he's the greatest and got burned out, or you subscribe to the theory he's overrated and choked in the playoffs, both sides should agree he's better leaving. If he's really such a "loser" and "bum" then Cleveland won't miss him and should be happy to see him gone. If he's been held back by a bad team in a crappy town, then you should be happy to see him get another chance.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #22
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Modell didn't leave Baltimore, he left Cleveland for Baltimore. Irsay left Baltimore.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Lebron gave that city seven years and he wants to try something new. He was upfront about it, weighed all the options and came forward with his decision publicly. I applaud him for doing what he believes is in his best interests. He'll get to play with great players and will make a crap load more in endorsements. He'll also get to live in Miami and not the hole of a city Cleveland. I think Lebron did what was best for him and his family and that's all anyone can ask.

And let's be clear: Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland anything. Weather you think he's the greatest and got burned out, or you subscribe to the theory he's overrated and choked in the playoffs, both sides should agree he's better leaving. If he's really such a "loser" and "bum" then Cleveland won't miss him and should be happy to see him gone. If he's been held back by a bad team in a crappy town, then you should be happy to see him get another chance.
Winner.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #24
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

I totally agree with you......if it was the other way around. Lebron should have left in the middle of the night and Modell should have and the presser. Because you're right Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland or any other city anything.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #25
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

gunns is offline   Reply With Quote