The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Default Bosh to join Wade, Heat

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Hopefully after LeBron's after school special, ESPN will find something else to report on.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Come on pre-season games...anything, hell, I can't wait for the Hall of Fame game...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

The LeBron thing is going to be interesting for sure.

I know I've been banging the "LeBron to the Bulls makes the most sense" drum for a week solid, but that was on the premise of Bosh joining him. Either something is wrong with Chicago or perhaps Bosh wanted to sign and not twist in the wind while LeBron waits. Either way, I'm starting to believe the Chicago ship has sailed, even with Derrick Rose there.

I have a hard time believing LeBron goes to the Knicks even with Amar'e. FADER may have been right, it may be home cooking for LeBron. I still don't like the Cav's roster, but it may be that 3-year deal or something.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Hopefully after LeBron's after school special, ESPN will find something else to report on.
You mean Brett Favre watch? I mean seriously, I know we don't have a ton of NBA fans on this board, but in this case I truly think it's a "pick your poison" scenario this summer.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

There's no way Lebron hosts an hour long special tomorrow night on ESPN to tell Cleveland to go **** themselves.

That would be the douchebagiest off all douchebag moves and the guy cares too much about his image.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #7
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I don't disagree that he may very well stay home... However, I disagree with your premise. His image will take a hit in Ohio and that's it. Everywhere else in the country/world, the jersey sales would be off the charts. People wouldn't care, they'd love it.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #8
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

He grew up in Cleveland and by all accounts still has a great affection and attachment to the area. If he left he'd be hated in his own hometown. Holding an hour long special to crush that city's sports dreams AGAIN would seem unnecessarily cruel. Even if all the ad money is going to charity.

I just don't see it, unless he feels he needs an hour long forum to explain why he is bolting, but that's just weird.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #9
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
The LeBron thing is going to be interesting for sure.

I know I've been banging the "LeBron to the Bulls makes the most sense" drum for a week solid, but that was on the premise of Bosh joining him. Either something is wrong with Chicago or perhaps Bosh wanted to sign and not twist in the wind while LeBron waits. Either way, I'm starting to believe the Chicago ship has sailed, even with Derrick Rose there.

I have a hard time believing LeBron goes to the Knicks even with Amar'e. FADER may have been right, it may be home cooking for LeBron. I still don't like the Cav's roster, but it may be that 3-year deal or something.
As I mentioned before too he just build a huge freaking mansion somewhere around Cleveland and that has to be on his mind too when thinking of leaving. You can't sell a house like that without taking it in the shorts. Couple Cleveland friends I have were sure he was leaving over a month ago but they are hearing now that he is staying.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #10
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
As I mentioned before too he just build a huge freaking mansion somewhere around Cleveland and that has to be on his mind too when thinking of leaving. You can't sell a house like that without taking it in the shorts.
Paging Jay Cutler.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #11
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Quote:
As I mentioned before too he just build a huge freaking mansion somewhere around Cleveland and that has to be on his mind too when thinking of leaving. You can't sell a house like that without taking it in the shorts. Couple Cleveland friends I have were sure he was leaving over a month ago but they are hearing now that he is staying.
Thats not stopping melo from selling, and he's not going anywhere.
I bet he can afford it.
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #12
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I see him as only going to the Knicks now....they have a player he likes playing with Amare and I doubt he will go to the Bulls without another star and I don't think he wants to be the 3rd wheel.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #13
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
As I mentioned before too he just build a huge freaking mansion somewhere around Cleveland and that has to be on his mind too when thinking of leaving.
Thought it wasn't a "large" mansion (compared to what he can afford), and he also said that even if he leaves Cleveland it will always be his home.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #14
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

The funniest scenario...I know it will never happen....he goes to the Clippers...wants to go there to get respect for the most dis-respected franchise, not just in the NBA, but in all of sports.

That being said, don't be that suprised if he does bolt Cleveland, the hour long "special" benefits the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, nice way to soften the blow pr wise locally...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #15
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

How much would it suck to be a die-hard Toronto Raptors fan? Your team basically has zero chance of competing in the long run and if you get a good player he'll want out as soon as possible. You can't even pull the "you get more money by staying" card because of Canadian taxes.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #16
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
Thats not stopping melo from selling, and he's not going anywhere.
I bet he can afford it.
Melo got that house for a good price. I doubt he's losing too much.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
How much would it suck to be a die-hard Toronto Raptors fan? Your team basically has zero chance of competing in the long run and if you get a good player he'll want out as soon as possible. You can't even pull the "you get more money by staying" card because of Canadian taxes.
I bet you can always attract good international talent to Canada though. There are worse places to play/live, that's for certain.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #18
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Favre will be next
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
weve got that problem solved, they dont have any fans, nobody cares about basketball up here,unless they start using a stick and puck to play it
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

These stars wanted to try and team up for a shot at Kobe and the Lake show. Too bad even together Kobe Gasol just getting better and better together. With time come familiarity that a put together squad just can't match.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #21
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
Holding an hour long special to crush that city's sports dreams AGAIN would seem unnecessarily cruel.
It is Cleveland though, so I would expect the crushing

I also don't get the Bosh hype. He is a second tier player to me and Miami will be stronger with him, but no title lock or even an east championship lock without a stronger and deaper bench.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
These stars wanted to try and team up for a shot at Kobe and the Lake show. Too bad even together Kobe Gasol just getting better and better together. With time come familiarity that a put together squad just can't match.
I'd take Bosh, Bron, Wade any day of the week over Kobe and Gasol (though they are a nice pair). Miami's issue would be that they couldnt afford ANYONE else. Literally, the rest of the team would be comprised of D-leaguers. So while they'd probably be contenders, Id worry about their complete lack of role players. Ask Kobe how important Fisher is. Ask Jordan how important Rodman and Grant were. Ask any team how important Robert Horry was. But you are putting probably 3 of top 10 players in the NBA on the court together (and def 2 of the top 5).
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'd take Bosh, Bron, Wade any day of the week over Kobe and Gasol (though they are a nice pair). Miami's issue would be that they couldnt afford ANYONE else. Literally, the rest of the team would be comprised of D-leaguers. So while they'd probably be contenders, Id worry about their complete lack of role players. Ask Kobe how important Fisher is. Ask Jordan how important Rodman and Grant were. Ask any team how important Robert Horry was. But you are putting probably 3 of top 10 players in the NBA on the court together (and def 2 of the top 5).
I actually don't think that team would win as quickly as you think. Lebron already won a **** ton of games in Cleve. His best bet is to go back and keep building the team up around him.

You didn't see Kobe run off to try and get his ring by himself. You stay and become the centerpiece.

If anything Lebron leaving shows me he lacks confidence he can build a winner around him in Cleve. Since he wants to try and get another start right now to go with him, that tells me he wants to share the burden with someone like Wade etc etc.

Of course I understand how important role players are. Exactly what in any post made you think I wouldn't agree Fish and Horry were huge for lake show.

My point is you don't throw 2 stars onto a new team and expect them to be great. They might not be because like you said its about teamwork.

Had Kobe not figured that out he wouldn't be where he is holding all these trophies. IMO while other teams shoot for stars, the smart stars will stay put and let teams go find them players like Fisher etc etc.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also it takes a special coach to have 2 or 3 big stars on a team. No owner in his right mine puts out 300 million on 3 players then hands them over to a coach with anything less then 3-4 championships. At least a coach with 2 plus. Otherwise the players will think they need own plan to win after maybe only 1 or 2 dissapointing yrs.

Lebron, Wade, Rose all on some team etc etc, could be a blowup waiting to happen if 1 or 2 yrs go by with no championship.

To pull this off you need a Riley, A Jackson
Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Then you would take a team that wins it all every yr and pass on them. Think about that for a second.