The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #176
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Holy ****, you're a moron. Congratulations.

It was an example, stupid. Try to catch up with the rest of the class.

Riiiiight!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #177
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I understand, but you're still profiling. That's ok, I won't call you a racist, I leave that up to alarmists who are trying to use political correctness to justify illegal activity.
How am I still profiling exactly? Did I miss the part where I said as an officer I would pull someone over for "looking Mexican" because they have a tan?

DURRRRRRP. Keep digging, Tombstone.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #178
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
How am I still profiling exactly? Did I miss the part where I said as an officer I would pull someone over for "looking Mexican" because they have a tan?

DURRRRRRP. Keep digging, Tombstone.
I don't need to dig, you are managing to bury yourself with each new post.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #179
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
What "I" think needs to be done in order to address the issue of illegal immigration... is to identify and prosecute any corporation that employs said illegal immigrants.
Ding ding, we have a winner.

We're never gonna succeed fighting the supply side. No matter how many fences we build, no matter how high we build them, we can't stop illegals from crossing the border to work.

Fight the battle on the demand side. Biometrics work card issued for alien workers, forgery-safe, with bar code and bio-metrics (fingerprint and photo is enough). Chuck Schumer says the employer should hold the card and have it at all times the worker is employed with them. Tough to cheat like that. ICE pops in for a surprise check, and you don't have Pancho's card in the safe? Fine. Enforcement would be a lot cheaper.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #180
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I add an extra twist to the plan, a deliciously evil one: Establish an anonymous 1-800 number anyone can call to report violations. If the violation meets certain criteria, the caller gets a reward check.

Pay the citizens to do the policing.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #181
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Ding ding, we have a winner.

We're never gonna succeed fighting the supply side. No matter how many fences we build, no matter how high we build them, we can't stop illegals from crossing the border to work.

Fight the battle on the demand side. Biometrics work card issued for alien workers, forgery-safe, with bar code and bio-metrics (fingerprint and photo is enough). Chuck Schumer says the employer should hold the card and have it at all times the worker is employed with them. Tough to cheat like that. ICE pops in for a surprise check, and you don't have Pancho's card in the safe? Fine. Enforcement would be a lot cheaper.
How about attacking from both sides? If you want to take care of the problem efficiently and without dragging it out then start arresting execs who hire illegals, and fine the hell out of the company and then also enforcing the laws against illegals who know they are here illegally (and the communities that hide them).

Why not both?
Old 07-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #182
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I add an extra twist to the plan, a deliciously evil one: Establish an anonymous 1-800 number anyone can call to report violations. If the violation meets certain criteria, the caller gets a reward check.

yah, I'm sure Homeland Security can't tap into this line and listen... nah, big brother can't do that, right?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #183
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

I always knew you were a rat baastard commrade.

Hitler liked your idea alot too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #184
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
How about attacking from both sides? If you want to take care of the problem efficiently and without dragging it out then start arresting execs who hire illegals, and fine the hell out of the company and then also enforcing the laws against illegals who know they are here illegally (and the communities that hide them).

Why not both?
Both, definitely both, though I'm thinking criminal liability for execs, no matter how fun it sounds, is a bit much.

The thing about the fines for employers is that it's cheaper. ICE spends a fortune patrolling the border, rounding them up, housing and adjudicating their statuses, and finally deporting them.

As far as the "Sanctuary City" thing you raised ... that always seems like a straw issue to me. Since 1993 when I started practicing law in Los Angeles, no force in L.A. County will arrest based on illegal status. In fact, LAPD and LASD have standing policies not to do so.

Of course the fright wingers never mention that. They'd rather focus on San Francisco. You know, where all the queers and fetus killers live.

And even in SF it's not "sanctuary" if you're arrested. All County Jails and the CDC weed out illegals for deportation at the time of their release. Although the governator want to skip illegals serving prison time, and deport them immediately to save money. Sounds dangerous to me.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #185
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Both, definitely both, though I'm thinking criminal liability for execs, no matter how fun it sounds, is a bit much.

The thing about the fines for employers is that it's cheaper. ICE spends a fortune patrolling the border, rounding them up, housing and adjudicating their statuses, and finally deporting them.

As far as the "Sanctuary City" thing you raised ... that always seems like a straw issue to me. Since 1993 when I started practicing law in Los Angeles, no force in L.A. County will arrest based on illegal status. In fact, LAPD and LASD have standing policies not to do so.

Of course the fright wingers never mention that. They'd rather focus on San Francisco. You know, where all the queers and fetus killers live.

And even in SF it's not "sanctuary" if you're arrested. All County Jails and the CDC weed out illegals for deportation at the time of their release. Although the governator want to skip illegals serving prison time, and deport them immediately to save money. Sounds dangerous to me.
not really a strong case you are making for CA, kinda weak.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #186
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Sorry Buff but not true. SF gets top billing as Sanctuary City is because the city allowed an illegal alien to be released , not to ICE, but back out on the street where he killed a father and two sons. Only did the outrage from the crime did Gavin Newsome do anything to change policy. LA and SF are a bunch of illegal humping cities. It is all for the mighty vote and cheap labor.
Going after supply and demand will work if laws will be able to be passed. Handouts to illegals is what keeps them coming and staying. Free food among other things is something they dont get in their home country.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #187
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #188
tebowisdabomb
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

2 words

LAND MINES
tebowisdabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #189
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerisdabomb View Post
2 words

LAND MINES
Or one. Excellent plan though, it will zip right through congress.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #190
tebowisdabomb
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

actually build two fences with land mines between the two, clearly mark the fence that land mines are on the other side...
Want to come to America? Fine, get in line behind those who done it the right way and we will be glad you are here.

Problem solved
tebowisdabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #191
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerisdabomb View Post
actually build two fences with land mines between the two, clearly mark the fence that land mines are on the other side...
Want to come to America? Fine, get in line behind those who done it the right way and we will be glad you are here.

Problem solved
No, it's not solved. They'll simply continue digging tunnels miles long under the border. A fence is a good first deterrent. Not the final answer.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #192
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
No, it's not solved. They'll simply continue digging tunnels miles long under the border. A fence is a good first deterrent. Not the final answer.

Well...

Being that its 2010, I am sure we can find a second deterrent. We do tag sharks and find out where they go in the ocean...so why not tag illegals? They get caught, they get tagged and shipped back to Mexico. Electronic monitoring and if they come within 5 miles of the border local ICE and state police are notified via email alerts to meet them AT the border.

We could do the same with foreign students coming here on visas or migrant workers who come into the country to work and then leave. The chip/tag can be deactivated when they are here for the length of the visa. When the visa expires the chip activates, notifying local law enforcement and ICE.

Im not kidding, either.

Last edited by Archer81; 07-16-2010 at 08:07 PM..
Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote