The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #51
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
No I think that's smart. Legalize it and tax the snot out of it. It will generate jobs, hurt the drug lords, reduce spending on border patrols and create income. That's basically what they do with Tobacco and it's still profitable and people aren't selling illegal tobacco at any real substantive level.
The Pot growers in California are the biggest supporters to keep it illegal.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #52
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #53
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Time for the National Guard to take over the borders...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #54
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
A Mexican drug cartel has threatened police officers in Arizona who confiscated a marijuana shipment, prompting the small town department to warn its officers to remain armed and have radios with them at all times, and keep their body armor handy.

Police in Nogales, Arizona, have been told to carry guns at all times.Police and experts believe the warning against the Nogales, Ariz., cops marks the first time that powerful Mexican drug cartels, used to bribing and bullying police south of the border, have targeted U.S. officers.

Jeffrey Kirkham, chief of the Nogales police department, told ABCNews.com that informants had delivered the threats after two off-duty police officers seized 400 pounds of marijuana while horseback riding outside the city earlier this month. The pot was worth about $250,000, he said.

Kirkham said informants have told his police department that off-duty officers should ignore cross-border drug shipments or face retaliation.

The threats appear credible because various informants were able to identify the officers who intercepted the drug load. Kirkham said the threats by Mexican traffickers were the first against local law enforcement on the U.S. side of the border.

"They're getting upset that their product so to speak is not getting to where it needs to be," Kirkham said of the cartels.

The chief said he gave a stern warning of his own to his 63 officers for what to do while they are off duty.

"We met with all the employees and supervisors to make them aware of what was said, and to make sure that they have their body armor and are armed and that their communications equipment is working properly," Kirkham said. Kirkham attributed the surprising threat toMexico's war on the cartels.

"The pressure is on them from the president in Mexico and that desperation is starting to spill over the border," Kirkham told ABCNews.com.

Attacks by Mexican cartels on American law enforcement officers would be an alarming escalation of the Mexican drug wars. Cartel turf wars have killed more than 23,000 people across Mexico since President Felipe Calderon launched a military crackdown on drug gangs in late 2006.

In the neighboring Mexican city of Nogales, attacks on police officers have become commonplace. A deputy police chief in Nogales, Mexico, and his bodyguard were shot dead in March when gunmen in a pickup truck opened fire on them with assault rifles.

In November 2008, the police chief for Sonora state, which includes Nogales, was ambushed and killed just a few miles south of the Arizona border.

more here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-dru...ry?id=10995661

Anybody else still against the Arizona Law?
That Ok.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #55
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I would hope it would be a step up from the National Guard.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #56
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

A few things.

1. I dont think the cartels have anything to do with the Az law.

2. Eventually, a president and congress are not going to be in the mood to play politics with the American borders and will overreact to border violence and illegal immigration. What will spark this overreaction will be a terror group (hamas, al qaeda, hezbollah...take your pick) will get a nuclear, chemical, biological or dirty bomb across the border and set it off. Every president and congress since LBJ will be culpable in the deaths of citizens because of a lax and incoherent border policy.

3. Heaven help the regular mexican and american citizens on either side of the border when the regular American military is used to fight the cartels.

It still floors me that the world's sole superpower lacks the will to fortify the border. The world's great empires always ensured the stability of their frontiers. When they did not, they ceased to exist.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #57
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
No I think that's smart. Legalize it and tax the snot out of it. It will generate jobs, hurt the drug lords, reduce spending on border patrols and create income. That's basically what they do with Tobacco and it's still profitable and people aren't selling illegal tobacco at any real substantive level.
but its legal under the guise its medical. The law has always been no tax on pharmacuticals.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #58
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I am against bull****. If it is medical then dispense it at a pharmacy, no tax, insurance pays like anything else. It adds to the expense doesnt solve anything if done right.

If thats just a joke to let govt in on drug dealing then by all means.

If country wants it legal, then we do it at the fed level. They made laws that are more powerful. We dont just ignore and move on. Im sick of this crap leadership we have. This is all a big problem waiting to happen.

Legal calif weed, coming to a city near you were its not legal so it can be sold for more money, which goes back to calif, and is laundered into big bucks by once again not any of us.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #59
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Definitely ... Obama has really fallen down on this issue, e could have really attacked it. Promptly and responsibly. Instead called them out in his Sate ofthe Union speech. Of course Bush ignored it for the last eight years, and Clinton eight before that, but that's no excuse.

He's missing a huge political opportunity too. Special interests like things the way they are, but a large part of the electorate wants aggresive action.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #60
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
If our federal government actually does something on this issue, there's a legit chance that the Mexican cartels will start to use terrorism over here in a more visible way.

Yup. Just a couple of weeks ago we barely thwarted an attempt to blow up a dam (Thats on the border w Texas). As mentioned earlier, these guys were trained by us, became hitmen for a cartel and then became thei own cartel. They already have hit squads over here in the states.

Unfortunately it will take an event like this, or a policemans death over here, to wake up the govt.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #61
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
A few things.

1. I dont think the cartels have anything to do with the Az law.

2. Eventually, a president and congress are not going to be in the mood to play politics with the American borders and will overreact to border violence and illegal immigration. What will spark this overreaction will be a terror group (hamas, al qaeda, hezbollah...take your pick) will get a nuclear, chemical, biological or dirty bomb across the border and set it off. Every president and congress since LBJ will be culpable in the deaths of citizens because of a lax and incoherent border policy.

3. Heaven help the regular mexican and american citizens on either side of the border when the regular American military is used to fight the cartels.

It still floors me that the world's sole superpower lacks the will to fortify the border. The world's great empires always ensured the stability of their frontiers. When they did not, they ceased to exist.

Good post. The sister problem to the unwillingness to protect our borders is that we are rottening from within. The citizens are being poisoned and dumbed down by the nutreant deficent food they are forced (through ecomonics) to eat, health care that is really sympton and pain management and though thought control via controled media. The United States power resides in unseen hands that do not have the interests of the people at heart. In fact it appears that it is the distruction of the US as we know it that is the real goal. Look to the response to the gulf oil spill as the most recent example of this.

Do you think American people will wake up to this situtation and take back their country before it is too late? That is the most pressing question of our lives.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #62
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
He's missing a huge political opportunity too. Special interests like things the way they are, but a large part of the electorate wants aggresive action.
You're missing the point, Buff. It's not that the immigration mess is a failure of policy. This has gone on so long because the mess *is* the policy.
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #63
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Eventually I could see US troops in Mexico. Still probably 3-5 yrs away but eventually.
Nope - it would lose the president willing the latino vote. That's exactly why nothing is being done today or has been done for years and years. I imagine that vote is worth some dead americans in the candidates eyes.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #64
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Definitely ... Obama has really fallen down on this issue, e could have really attacked it. Promptly and responsibly. Instead called them out in his Sate ofthe Union speech. Of course Bush ignored it for the last eight years, and Clinton eight before that, but that's no excuse.

Amazing you can attack your precious president but you are right on the mark. This has been neglected for so many years. The citizens are outraged and the government wants to take the stand of special interest group ie. La Raza to get votes or at elast show he is standing with them. Problem is that he will lose the independents and I suspect many Democrats in Arizona or the southern Democrat type for 2012 and probably hurt Dems chances in these upcoming elections.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #65
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
Yup. Just a couple of weeks ago we barely thwarted an attempt to blow up a dam (Thats on the border w Texas). As mentioned earlier, these guys were trained by us, became hitmen for a cartel and then became thei own cartel. They already have hit squads over here in the states.

Unfortunately it will take an event like this, or a policemans death over here, to wake up the govt.
Didn't hear a peep about that. Just a matter of time before this really boils over like the PB oil disaster. At that point we'll hear more empty words from Obama and Co.

I wonder how much money the government is going to piss away on lawyers fighting the people's wishes of AZ.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #66
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Didn't hear a peep about that. Just a matter of time before this really boils over like the PB oil disaster. At that point we'll hear more empty words from Obama and Co.

I wonder how much money the government is going to piss away on lawyers fighting the people's wishes of America.
fixed it for you.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #67
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'll say it again, instead of supporting and backing up the state of AZ for attempting to enforce the law, the fed gov instead sues AZ and claims that they are the only gov entity that has a right to oversee immigration. Wow, the irony is so confounding its literally embarrassing to be a US citizen. Our fed gov totally neglects immigration and then sues the state of AZ for protecting its border because the fed gov refuses to do its job.

I just love the fed gov. Obama, you are a joke.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 07-07-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #68
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Nope - it would lose the president willing the latino vote. That's exactly why nothing is being done today or has been done for years and years. I imagine that vote is worth some dead americans in the candidates eyes.

Voting Latinos are the group most opposed to illegals being here.

The real and only reason nothing is being done is because the puppet masters (big Bus) do not want to lose the endless supply of cheap labor that they can abuse and discard.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #69
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I just love the fed gov. Obama, you are a joke.
Tombstone, I understand that you don't like Obama. But do you suppose that the Shrub, Clinton, or Bush Senior would have done any differently than sue Arizona?

When 20 states are already considering (or have adopted) resolutions about states rights and restricting the reach of the federals, there's just no way they could not take Arizona to court. That would make a huge statement and set a dangerous (for the federal govt) precedent about states rights. Preservation of the status quo is the modus vivendi for the majority of people in DC. Self-maintenance of the bureaucracy eventually becomes the reason for existence of any bureaucracy.

"It's very hard to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it." -- Upton Sinclair
Old 07-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #70
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
Tombstone, I understand that you don't like Obama. But do you suppose that the Shrub, Clinton, or Bush Senior would have done any differently than sue Arizona?

When 20 states are already considering (or have adopted) resolutions about states rights and restricting the reach of the federals, there's just no way they could not take Arizona to court. That would make a huge statement and set a dangerous (for the federal govt) precedent about states rights. Preservation of the status quo is the modus vivendi for the majority of people in DC. Self-maintenance of the bureaucracy eventually becomes the reason for existence of any bureaucracy.

"It's very hard to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it." -- Upton Sinclair
Then where is the precedent to go after San Francisco for being a safe haven for illegal aliens? That is against the law too yet you dont see the fed. government going after them. It is hypocrisy and they are fighting a losing battle. There is a reason why so many Americans think state rights is an important issue and this is prime example.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #71
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
Yup. Just a couple of weeks ago we barely thwarted an attempt to blow up a dam (Thats on the border w Texas). As mentioned earlier, these guys were trained by us, became hitmen for a cartel and then became thei own cartel. They already have hit squads over here in the states..
Exactly right, this is why I advocate putting together some teams of Special Forces along the border. The mission would be to systematically destroy the Cartel's shipment routes into the United States. These guys run drugs very well through tunnels and other means.

The United States Military has the capability to swiftly end this border bull**** in a days work or so. Once the Cartel is out of the way and drug routes are shut down, THEN you put the National Guard in and start building a complex wall to keep the United States secure. Problem is, we lack the spine to do it.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #72
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post

That is the quote of the month for me. Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #73
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Then where is the precedent to go after San Francisco for being a safe haven for illegal aliens? That is against the law too yet you dont see the fed. government going after them. It is hypocrisy and they are fighting a losing battle. There is a reason why so many Americans think state rights is an important issue and this is prime example.
I never said it made any sense, BCJ, just that I could see some consequences the federal government would want to avoid.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #74
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That is the quote of the month for me. Thanks
That quote might explain why some Republicans are Republicans-- Investments in the Oil Business, no?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #75
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
That quote might explain why some Republicans are Republicans-- Investments in the Oil Business, no?
It reminds me of another pertnant quote, this one by Jack Nicholson "The truth, you can't handle truth."