The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Predators

Movie of the summer? From the previews it's looking good and I for one can't wait to go see this at the IMAX next week.

Trailer in HD 1080P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2jJOy8rzog

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Hopefully it's awesome. AVP and AVPR were pretty corny as a whole, so I'm hoping this one will be legit.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

It's either going to be very good....or very bad.

I'll probably go see it next week.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I'll for sure check this out, the previews on TV look sick.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮

...speak up, I'm wearing a toga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone

Could be good, Adrian Brody and Topher Grace are no Arnie though.

THIS will be the movie of the summer/year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilwtqaN4Gs

Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Yeah Inception looks really good. I am going to wait on Predators, the past few movies have been to bad to waste my money.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Yeah Inception looks really good. I am going to wait on Predators, the past few movies have been to bad to waste my money.
The AvP series is one of the most mishandled movie franchises ever.

I cannot believe they made the 1st one PG-13. Dear lord.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #8
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

I'll trust anything Robert Rodriguez produces/directs until he lets me down.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #9
Bronco Yoda

Just got a notice on my door Friday that they are going to start filming the remake of 'Fright Night' next door at the end of the month. (The neighbors house went into forclosure and has been empty for awhile now) Guess our little cul-de-sac must be frightning. Or perhaps they think I'm a dead ringer for Colin Farrell..... or does that make me a Vampire? I have to call them today. My other neighbor is getting paid to store equipment in his garage.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

First reviews are out, and it looks positive:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/ente...dators-15.html

I'm really excited for this. AVP and AVP2 were garbage. Rodriguez and Antal put a lot of care into this and were given creative freedom, so I'm optimistic.

Inception looks awesome, as well.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #11
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Just got a notice on my door Friday that they are going to start filming the remake of 'Fright Night' next door at the end of the month. (The neighbors house went into forclosure and has been empty for awhile now) Guess our little cul-de-sac must be frightning. Or perhaps they think I'm a dead ringer for Colin Farrell..... or does that make me a Vampire? I have to call them today. My other neighbor is getting paid to store equipment in his garage.
Fright Night?? Either way..thats pretty cool!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Take a pic of your neighbors house and post it. If you don't mind.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I didn't know there was a new Predators coming out...or Fright Night. Loved both of those movies.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Predators? I didnt know it was being put in a movie. I just like watching it on NBC with Chris Hanson.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #15
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Predators? I didnt know it was being put in a movie. I just like watching it on NBC with Chris Hanson.
Like this guy?

Seriously though, a couple of reviews are out and it's getting tagged as B movie fun, something I was expecting the A Team to be.

http://www.filmink.com.au/review/predators-film/

With impressive visuals and riveting thrills, the latest addition to the franchise is likely to engage both old fans and new audiences.

http://blog.cinemaautopsy.com/2010/0...redators-2010/

But seriously, Topher Grace?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

did the A team suck? I will rent it on red box if it is worth the $1. My $1 and time mean a lot so there might be something better, let me know.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
did the A team suck? I will rent it on red box if it is worth the $1. My $1 and time mean a lot so there might be something better, let me know.
It is a fun waste of two hours. Maybe a C movie more than a B movie. Absolutely nothing special and you wont remember the flick 10 minutes after it is over. Worth a buck sure, not a movie ticket.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #18
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

If I was the casting agent, I could have saved the film millions in make up and special FX!

And such natural acting ability - look at the Predator stalking his prey!

ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #19
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by southstndjunkie View Post
it's either going to be bad....or terrible.
fyp.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

...my crappy movie sense is tingling.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

at anyone who thinks Predators will be a good film. Maybe if you are 17 yrs old!!! Just the scenes I saw already tell me its super corny, over the top, crappy acting.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:51 AM   #22
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBronco View Post
First reviews are out, and it looks positive:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/ente...dators-15.html

I'm really excited for this. AVP and AVP2 were garbage. Rodriguez and Antal put a lot of care into this and were given creative freedom, so I'm optimistic.

Inception looks awesome, as well.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012256-predators/

4 positive 0 negative so far. I'm going to be honest too. I thought this would bomb, even with Robert involved due to the storyline. It seemed way too much like the first film. Also the whole Predator pet thing seemed stupid. I really hope the reviews stay this way though.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

The Boston Globe reviewer LOVED it:

Finally, a worthy 'Predator' sequel: Respect for viewers is at the heart of fun thriller

By Wesley Morris

Globe Staff / July 9, 2010

I know what you’re thinking. The sight of Adrien Brody waking up to find himself plummeting from the sky in the opening scene of “Predators’’ is all too apt a career metaphor. How did a young star who seemed destined to save serious acting turn into another action figure? Who cares? Where do I get my hands on one?

Brody looks a bit like the muscled, vaguely human reptiles hunting him down, except he’s all Eastwood, Heston, and Stallone, too — hilariously, humorlessly macho. It didn’t seem like there was an American under 40 in the movie business capable of being persuasively masculine without a twitch of irony or pleading. We’ve been importing that guy from Scotland and Australia, and Pandora! But Brody makes an entertaining case for some kind of embargo.

He crashes down in a jungle. Seconds later, so do a few more bewildered, heavily armed actors — it’s Danny Trejo! And Alice Braga! And some Russian dude! — and a pile of limbs whose parachute failed to open. Soon eight strangers, including a Sierra Leonean (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali), a death-row hick (Walter Goggins), a natty Yakuza (Louis Ozawa Changchien), and an American doctor (Topher Grace, armed, with only his sarcasm), are trying to figure out precisely where they are. (By the way, Oleg Taktarov plays the Russian.) An awed gander at the planetarium-load of objects hanging in the heavens raises an important question: What is going on? (It’s better asked with expletives, the way our strangers do.)

Gradually, the characters give us a few helpful hints, and the wonderfully steely Braga, playing a Latin American guerrilla, rehashes the plot of “Predator,’’ that 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger hit to which this movie is a kind of alternative sequel to the installments that followed. Her recitation sounds like combat lore. But, again, I know what you’re thinking: Didn’t this show just end two months ago? Yes, “Predators,’’ with its tropical mystery; sweaty, confused cast; and no exit, is “Lost,’’ on the one hand. On another, it’s also “Saw III.’’ And on yet another — work with me, people; have you seen the creatures doing the hunting here? — it becomes “Rambo,’’ “Aliens,’’ and “Avatar.’’ Crucially, however, it’s a little bit Jean-Paul Sartre, as well: Hell is other people — and the monsters chasing you down.

The assembled characters have been dropped into this jungle from the scenes of their respective crimes — death squads, genocide, etc. Despite their military trappings — more often because of them — they’re not terribly humane people, and their appearance among such relentless quasi-human monsters seems like a punishment for their own moral transgressions. It’s a clever idea that the writers Alex Litvak and Michael Finch are smart not to overplay.

The fun-addict director Robert Rodriguez produced “Predators,’’ so, accordingly, it also flirts with too-muchness in a good way. Just when it looked as if Brody couldn’t be better or more authoritative, a more robustly stentorian thespian arrives after halftime to add perspective to Brody’s masculinity. I won’t name the actor, although the ads don’t treat it as much of a secret. But it was a surprise to me, all the same. His sense of leadership is captivating and, later, so is his derangement, which creates more allusions, namely to Robert Duvall and Marlon Brando in “Apocalypse Now.’’ Those mourning “Lost,’’ will find this character’s description of his stay in this jungle intriguingly cosmic. How long has he been there? “Seven seasons, I think’’ — but possibly as many as 10, he says. Dude, “Lost’’ ended after six. Holy, crypto-spinoff!

The director of “Predators’’ is Nimród Antal, whose B-movies — “Kontroll,’’ “Vacancy,’’ “Armored’’ — refuse to settle for the free 200 points awarded for filling in one’s name. He’s a skilled moviemaker who understands the cumulative power of withholding. A good thriller is a striptease, and Antal respects the art of peeling away layers. He uses his camera (Gyula Pados is the cinematographer) to draw you in, instead of leaning on editing blitzes to spell everything out, the way 90 percent of this ilk of horror-action-comedy does.

When Brody gives his castmates a cautionary speech — “we run, we die,’’ he warns — the camera drifts in for a medium close-up that demands to be taken seriously. As you watch bodies tumble down a hill and into a lake, there’s even an urge to applaud the brutality of the stunt work. (Looked real to me.) Antal is a professional who respects your dollars. In a season where the blockbusters are as flat as month-old soda, that’s the most romantic gesture a commercial filmmaker can make.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #24
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
at anyone who thinks Predators will be a good film. Maybe if you are 17 yrs old!!! Just the scenes I saw already tell me its super corny, over the top, crappy acting.
Cool, it's getting great reviews. I'll trust them over you.
The AvP movies were terrible, thankfully these are completely separate franchises.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #25
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Saw this tonight at the midnight screening. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed at all: the film does a great job paying homage to the original film (in some ways, I suppose, someone could fault them for it): the pacing, the score, the set up, it's all pretty much there. There's even a "Billy" scene.

I had a lot of fun, which for me means the movie did what it was supposed to do: let you enjoy the story and be entertained. Much better than 90% of the reboots and remakes I've seen recently.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote