The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #126
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

So I got my 20 dollar a month discount earlier this year for Sunday Ticket and then saw that they are giving HD away for free for new subscribers so I called up and asked them what gives?

I had to sign up for automatic bill payment but they gave me the discount for 2 years ($10.00 a month)

So if your still paying for HD I would call.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #127
DeuceOfClub

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

It took my wife 5min' to get the $20 off x 6 months, thanks largely to the tips in this thread.
No threat or drama needed.

If you're still having trouble try and ask for a"promotion team member", that's what sealed the deal for me last year.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #128
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I'm getting ready to sign up with Directv, they have a special running now.

The premier package if free for 5 months if you get Sunday ticket.

All I pay is $58.97 or something like that a month.

How are the HD channels? do you automatically get the games in HD?
Make sure to check the monthly costs. I was going to do this, until I saw that after 5 months the cost went up and over 110 dollars a month. I don't need all of those other channels, but I signed up only for Sunday Ticket. I went with Choice Ultimate, since I got free HD with that.

I wonder if I can get those discounts everyone is talking about if I'm a new customer starting mid September (I signed up online)... my gut says no. But maybe its worth a try. I'm paying the full 60 over 5 months for Sunday Ticket.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #129
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
Make sure to check the monthly costs. I was going to do this, until I saw that after 5 months the cost went up and over 110 dollars a month. I don't need all of those other channels, but I signed up only for Sunday Ticket. I went with Choice Ultimate, since I got free HD with that.

I wonder if I can get those discounts everyone is talking about if I'm a new customer starting mid September (I signed up online)... my gut says no. But maybe its worth a try. I'm paying the full 60 over 5 months for Sunday Ticket.
I will for sure keep an eye on it, I plan on down grading if I can after the 5 months.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #130
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

My understanding is you can up/downgrade whenever you'd like, just remember your 2 year contract starts over from that time. Shoot just moving and adding another HD DVR restarted my contract.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #131
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post

I just signed up for the Premier deal too.....what the rep told me that if after the 5 months are over and i don't wanna pay the regular premier price I could downgrade to Choice or whatever the one is below Premier at no cost. Just signing up for the Premier is a good way to get the Ticket and all the movie channels for 5 months for the cheaper price then change it.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #132
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
How long have you had DTV?
I've had NFL Sunday ticket since it's first year approx. 10 years ago.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #133
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobum6162 View Post
I've had NFL Sunday ticket since it's first year approx. 10 years ago.
Cool, I was just asking.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #134
orange&blue87
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
My understanding is you can up/downgrade whenever you'd like, just remember your 2 year contract starts over from that time. Shoot just moving and adding another HD DVR restarted my contract.
I'd have to call to make sure, but I've upgraded and then downgraded my package, and I've asked if that affected my contract expiration date and they said no.

Hopefully they don't have it restart because I'm set to cancel shortly.
orange&blue87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #135
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
I just signed up for the Premier deal too.....what the rep told me that if after the 5 months are over and i don't wanna pay the regular premier price I could downgrade to Choice or whatever the one is below Premier at no cost. Just signing up for the Premier is a good way to get the Ticket and all the movie channels for 5 months for the cheaper price then change it.
This. I did it last year when I first signed up and just jumped to choice after football...and somehow they gave me the deal again this year so I went for it.
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #136
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
Thanks! This is good to know. I may call back because the cost is the same for the first 5 months... although it might be difficult to tear myself away from the movie channels after 5 months
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #137
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I really don't like their customer service already.

I have been trying to add a referral to my account, I call tonight and finally get someone on the line.

I need all of this persons info, account and name isn't enough.

When in fact last night they told me that's all I need.

I work in customer service and I think it's BS.

*rant mode off*
Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #138
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

I canceled my Sunday Ticket last year after moving back to CO last year. I found I really missed the Red Zone channel last season. Instead of switching to Dish to get it, I called DirecTV and told them I wanted RZC by itself, the service rep said there was no way. I asked to be escalated to a supervisor and he added it to my account for free. So now I have RZC to fill in the Non-Bronco time on Sundays :-)
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #139
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Got NFL Ticket this year, so when should the channels show up on my "guide" I want to DVR the games and I thought I could program my DVR two weeks in advance but when I look I still don't see them, as in what channels the ticket are...should I be concerned?
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #140
RonDaChamp24
Twitter.com/RonGreco

The Champ is here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
Got NFL Ticket this year, so when should the channels show up on my "guide" I want to DVR the games and I thought I could program my DVR two weeks in advance but when I look I still don't see them, as in what channels the ticket are...should I be concerned?
No Need to worry. The channels won't start to show until at least next sunday (a week until the first Sunday of the season) right now they have the US Open on some of the channels the Sunday Ticket will be on.

Last edited by RonDaChamp24; 09-02-2010 at 11:52 AM..
RonDaChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #141
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Is this deal still available?

I've been debating on taking the time to call and haggle again this year.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #142
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post

The offer ends Oct. 9th I think.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #143
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Quote:

There website says it is...I decided to get the deal 4 weeks ago, my cable company dropped the NFL Network so I called and complained and got $70 dropped off my cable bill and still have cable as well (NFL network was a higher teir which I didn't need anymore) and I complained about them dropping it so I got a couple of $10.99 off for 18 months, $6.99 off for 6 months...anyway, I justified it to my wife the $59.99 for 5 months is still cheaper then i was paying before. I just needed to sign up for a two year contract and I need to figure out Jan 1 what to do.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #144
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the package again or to watch streams on adthe.net.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #145
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the package again or to watch streams on adthe.net.
I got sick of that that's why I signed up.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:53 PM   #146
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Buddy of mine got it. I think I can talk him into letting me use his password for the iPad app when he's watching the game at home.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #147
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran

I'd let someone use my to-go if they just paid to get it up since I never use it.
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:21 PM   #148
gotfredson
Solid Starter

I wasn't going to get the ticket until weeknone if last yr, the immaculate deflection. I was watching on some free bootleg version of the game online. Ofcourse it had to go off as "the play" was going on. The next day I switched from cox to direct tv. I lost my job a few months ago so i cancelled. Since I'm employed again I called to get the ticket again. They gave me 20 dollars off for 5 months. I did have to be transferred 4 times but still worth it.
gotfredson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:07 AM   #149
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
Sometimes that week's games don't show up on the guide until fairly late in the week. It can be frustrating if you are trying to set your DVR and are out of town or something unless you have the system where you can program your DVR via computer. If it gets beyond Friday and some of the games are still not on your guide you may want to reset your receiver by hitting the little red button on the front.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #150
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

So this is my first year with the ticket, I see the game in my IPG now which is good, my next question is that DTV website says

Pre-game coaches show
Start your Sunday with the word from the coaches themselves. Get the lowdown on what they're thinking, their points of view, their game plans. Tune out the know-it-alls. Hear it from the source.

Where do I find those?

Also

Fantasy football with Player Tracker
At the touch of a button track up to 18 players throughout the day with up to the minute alerts (available on all standard definition and high definition Sunday Ticket game channels)

How do I set this up, I have googled it and can't find how to do this, do I have to wait until Sunday?

Thanks any info would be helpful