The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #451
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Call back, ask to go directly to Customer Retention. Explain what happened, but be cool about it. Let them know that you are interested in cancelling if you cannot work something out.
From what I understand, a DirecTv Customer Retention representative is supposed to contact me within 48 hours -- I'm sure that once the situation's explained, the unauthorized charges will be refunded. I'm still not sure about remaining a DirecTv customer though. Unilaterally changing customers' programming and then charging them for it without any authorization whatsoever isn't a policy I'm comfortable with. Customers shouldn't have to watch their bills like a hawk to avoid being overcharged for stuff they didn't order and don't want -- or to have to make phone calls (with lengthy wait times to connect to a customer service representative) in order to undo the changes that they made without permission.

The advice you gave is good -- however, today I lacked sufficient patience to have been cool about it had I called them back after being hung up on the first time.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:09 AM   #452
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

pretty simple, when you sub to any extra programming it is explained when YOU order that it will auto renew unless cancelled manually. You are given plenty of notice & time to cancel any unwanted programming. Yes it does suck to have to call but that is how most companies operate now they want to get you on the phone so they can up sell you something or talk you out of cancelling... business 101

Last edited by i4jelway7; 08-12-2014 at 08:03 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #453
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
From what I understand, a DirecTv Customer Retention representative is supposed to contact me within 48 hours -- I'm sure that once the situation's explained, the unauthorized charges will be refunded. I'm still not sure about remaining a DirecTv customer though. Unilaterally changing customers' programming and then charging them for it without any authorization whatsoever isn't a policy I'm comfortable with. Customers shouldn't have to watch their bills like a hawk to avoid being overcharged for stuff they didn't order and don't want -- or to have to make phone calls (with lengthy wait times to connect to a customer service representative) in order to undo the changes that they made without permission.
You couldn't be more wrong here.

There are NO unauthorized charges here.
They never changed your programming.
You were never overcharged for stuff you didn't order.

As has been said several times now, if you order Sunday Ticket, it's the same as any other package (Starz, HBO, Showtime, etc). You are automatically renewed each year (or month in the case of the other packages I mentioned) until YOU change your programming. They make this clear over the phone, through the website, in their commercials.....everywhere. It's basic stuff and not even the usual "hidden fine print" that some try to slip by unknowing customers.

Now, if you didn't have Sunday Ticket last year and they tried to bill you for it this year without your knowledge, THEN you'd have a legitimate beef. But that isn't the case here.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #454
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
pretty simple, if you have sub'd to any extra programming it is auto renewed unless cancelled manually. You are given plenty of notice & time to cancel any unwanted programming. Yes it does suck to have to call but that is how most companies operate now they want to get you on the phone so they can up sell you something or talk you out of cancelling
Yes, it is simple. I don't like what they're doing and won't put up with unauthorized programming changes. And if they ever do it again, they'll lose a longtime customer.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #455
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
pretty simple, if you have sub'd to any extra programming it is auto renewed unless cancelled manually. You are given plenty of notice & time to cancel any unwanted programming. Yes it does suck to have to call but that is how most companies operate now they want to get you on the phone so they can up sell you something or talk you out of cancelling
Verizon FIOS lets me add and drop stuff using the web.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #456
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
So does directv, just not for Sunday Ticket.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #457
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Yes, it is simple. I don't like what they're doing and won't put up with unauthorized programming changes. And if they ever do it again, they'll lose a longtime customer.
clearly, it's time to bump this classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Have you ever been trying to explain something to a woman and you know the wheel is turning but at the same time you know the hamster is dead.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #458
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Thank you kindly for the misogynistic remark.

Meanwhile, DirecTv is taking my concerns seriously; as well they should because it's no joke that they are going to be losing a longtime customer.

(there's no way you can know my customer history with Directv or the fact that a reduced-price Sunday Ticket last season was simply customer-retention after multiple f-ups on their part 18 months ago. But go ahead and be patronizing if that floats your boat. )
Old 08-12-2014, 06:51 AM   #459
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Quote:
Such an awful post. If you were on any other forum you'd have been banned on the spot.
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #460
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
Such an awful post. If you were on any other forum you'd have been banned on the spot.
Ummm, for what?!? Bumping someone else's post?

Help. Seek it.

Blue is CLEARLY in the wrong here and is inarguably committing libel against directv, but whatever.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #461
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

Help. Seek it.

Blue is CLEARLY in the wrong here and is inarguably committing libel against directv, but whatever.
I am NOT wrong. All I want -- and WILL get -- is a refund for programming I didn't order -- a reversal of charges I did not authorize (for programming I have not yet received).
Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #462
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I am NOT wrong. All I want -- and WILL get -- is a refund for programming I didn't order -- a reversal of charges I did not authorize (and have not yet received).
For the 1000th time, you were wrong when you say the charges were unauthorized and that THEY changed your programming. By signing up for Sunday Ticket last year, YOU authorized them to renew every year thereafter and pre-bill you for it until YOU actively cancel. It's not rocket science here.

And of course you will get refunded now because you are doing what they require you to do. I never said you wouldn't.

Just like if you wanted to add Starz or some other package. You don't have to call them each month to renew it. They automatically renew it for you until YOU change your programming/cancel it. Sunday ticket is no different, with the exception that you can't do it online.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #463
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Quote:

Help. Seek it.
No you're the one that needs help clearly. And please quit trying to play dumb, you were clearly endorsing and agreeing with that post when you quoted it.

Imagine if the quote had said this:

Quote:
Have you ever been trying to explain something to a black and you know the wheel is turning but at the same time you know the hamster is dead
There would be no debate for how offensive and racist the statement was.

It's exactly the same as the post you quoted, only targeting sex instead of race.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #464
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

cry more
Old 08-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #465
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Quote:
cry more

You're like a child.

Dude you were wrong. Just take the L, apologize, and move on.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:21 AM   #466
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post

You're like a child.

Dude you were wrong. Just take the L, apologize, and move on.
Nah, I'm good.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #467
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

"for the 1000th time?" Drama queen much?

It's no big deal. I'm just a very disgruntled soon-to-be-former DirecTv customer.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #468
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Nah, I'm good.
Um -- no. I daresay you wouldn't have dared be so patronizing if you had been interacting with my husband. Who, by the way, agrees with me 100% on this issue.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #469
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Um -- no. I daresay you wouldn't have dared be so patronizing if you had been interacting with my husband.
You'd be wrong......again.

Quote:
Who, by the way, agrees with me 100%.
Great. So he either can't read/understand a contract either or he's been married long enough to know that he should simply "agree" with his wife even when she's wrong because it's simply easier/less stressful.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #470
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong here.

There are NO unauthorized charges here.
They never changed your programming.
You were never overcharged for stuff you didn't order.

As has been said several times now, if you order Sunday Ticket, it's the same as any other package (Starz, HBO, Showtime, etc). You are automatically renewed each year (or month in the case of the other packages I mentioned) until YOU change your programming. They make this clear over the phone, through the website, in their commercials.....everywhere. It's basic stuff and not even the usual "hidden fine print" that some try to slip by unknowing customers.

Now, if you didn't have Sunday Ticket last year and they tried to bill you for it this year without your knowledge, THEN you'd have a legitimate beef. But that isn't the case here.
This if 100% accurate. Its been this way for as long as i can remember.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #471
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
So does Direct tv at least they used to.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #472
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
You'd be wrong......again.

Great. So he either can't read/understand a contract either or he's been married long enough to know that he should simply "agree" with his wife even when she's wrong because it's simply easier/less stressful.
Thanks again for unwarranted personal insults. I don't go there.

Have a nice day.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #473
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I am NOT wrong. All I want -- and WILL get -- is a refund for programming I didn't order -- a reversal of charges I did not authorize (for programming I have not yet received).
You are wrong. If you didn't know about auto renewal, then it was due to your own negligence. It's clearly stated in the agreement you would have signed, and is also clearly noted on their website and even many ads I've seen. If you didn't know this, it's because you just breezed over the agreement. In short, you DID authorize them to auto renewal, and you're factually incorrect to state otherwise. I've had issues with directv sneaking charges onto my bill from time to time, so they aren't saints, but in this case it's the customer who's being a-hole.

Additionally, it's easy to hate on the auto renewal system, but suppose this: you're an HBO subscriber, and 2 minutes before the Game of Thrones season finale your service is disconnected because you forgot to authorize a renewal. Now auto renewal would be most welcome. I'd suspect in most cases it's more convenient than inconvenient.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #474
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You are wrong. If you didn't know about auto renewal, then it was due to your own negligence. It's clearly stated in the agreement you would have signed, and is also clearly noted on their website and even many ads I've seen. If you didn't know this, it's because you just breezed over the agreement. In short, you DID authorize them to auto renewal, and you're factually incorrect to state otherwise. I've had issues with directv sneaking charges onto my bill from time to time, so they aren't saints, but in this case it's the customer who's being a-hole.

Additionally, it's easy to hate on the auto renewal system, but suppose this: you're an HBO subscriber, and 2 minutes before the Game of Thrones season finale your service is disconnected because you forgot to authorize a renewal. Now auto renewal would be most welcome. I'd suspect in most cases it's more convenient than inconvenient.
This is true Blue
Old 08-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #475
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
"for the 1000th time?" Drama queen much?

It's no big deal. I'm just a very disgruntled soon-to-be-former DirecTv customer.
And that's fine. But, as a matter of fact, you are wrong. You did authorize those charges by failing to call in and end the service, as per the auto renewal provision that's clearly outlined in the agreement you signed to start service last year (or whenever you first began service).
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote