The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #251
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I'm moving from off base to on base so they are giving it to me for free. I'm also getting whole home DVR installed for free, a new DVR HD reciever and all the movie channels free for 3 months. She was going to just give me an extra DVR box but i said i wanted whole home DVR and then after that asked for the Ticket for free and she gave it to me no hassle.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #252
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

I'm going to give it a try but I don't anticipate getting much. I freeze my account from the day after the football season until August (going on my 5th year) so I'm sure that doesn't factor well into getting loyalty credits.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #253
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
I'm going to give it a try but I don't anticipate getting much. I freeze my account from the day after the football season until August (going on my 5th year) so I'm sure that doesn't factor well into getting loyalty credits.
It worked for me about a year and a half ago. I got half the Ticket for free, and upgraded to a new HD dish and box.

I don't get anything other than the Sunday Ticket via Direct TV but when I got pissed at mCd and wanted to cancel the ticket they stepped up with the above.

If I get bored I just might threaten to cancel again and see if I can't get a discount this year and a DVR.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #254
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Called and threatened to leave to bundle with the local cable company, only reason I signed up for dtv was ticket which is too expensive now, etc and was told I had already been given the ticket for free this year which would be shown on my next statement. Something about some loyal customers being given that this year?
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #255
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Did the whole "can't afford it bit"- got the Ticket for 1 payment of $99.
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #256
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

If anyone cares, I just called about the Viacom thing and asked if I was getting a dicount and I got a $30 credit for the next 3 months, so with only having to pay $100 for the NFL ticket this year, now with the $90 credit, I guess I am getting it for only $10
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #257
Drunken.Broncoholic

You probably can get it cheap now that they want to bribe their customers from leaving because they keep ditching channels
Old 07-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #258
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You probably can get it cheap now that they want to bribe their customers from leaving because they keep ditching channels
I called and got a decent discount for the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package and also $10 off a month for HD, but I may be calling back for some more money off my bill if they don't get those channels back on soon.

My 3 year old daughter was not please to see Nick Jr. not available last night.

I think Dora the Explorer sprinkles crack on little kids through the tv.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #259
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I called and got a decent discount for the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package and also $10 off a month for HD, but I may be calling back for some more money off my bill if they don't get those channels back on soon.

My 3 year old daughter was not please to see Nick Jr. not available last night.

I think Dora the Explorer sprinkles crack on little kids through the tv.
Ya the discount can only help for so long when parents have to keep explaining to their kids why they can't watch Dora the Explorer.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #260
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

It helps when you talk about 'leaving' to Cable or DISH if you are out from under any 2yr contract. If you have that contract they tend to not want to work with you since they have you by the Gonads.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #261
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Ya the discount can only help for so long when parents have to keep explaining to their kids why they can't watch Dora the Explorer.
netflix streaming is your friend
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #262
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
And yet is the reason why these 2 companies are in dispute. People are flocking to free tv.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #263
Arobmic
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I just got the Ticket for free, plus $25 instant credit, plus $10 off per month for 12 months. Had to sign a 1 yr contract, but that's fine, cause I can renegotiate again in a year.

I brought up the viacom situation, and the fact that I wouldn't have DTV if it weren't for getting the Sunday ticket - and that I can get Redzone from Dish for very cheap.
Arobmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #264
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
This, it saved sanity when my wife had to suddenly work from home one day. Normally she is at preschool but had to stay home with mom that day.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #265
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

got mine discounted, but not at the same level. Ticet 50% off (max ticket package), $10 for 3 months, strz for 3 months and showtime for 6. Also free dvr.

Learned that discount is based on time with directv plus a rolling credit system. More credits, more leverage.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #266
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

If you have the steel stand for your dish and are moving, keep it! They charge $65 for it. Didn't know this cause I wasn't charged for it when I moved into my apartment. So I threw it away. Turns out, they charge $65 for them. Unless you want to fork over the cash each time you move, keep the old one!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #267
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Bastages, wouldn't come down below $159 for me so I cancelled. I got it for $69 dollars last year. With me going to 2 games and all the times they will be on National TV or locally televised, I'm not gonna pay it or have NFL Sunday Ticket for the first time ever since Direct TV started it....
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #268
Meck77

Called. Selected cancellation. Negotiated ticket for free! Didn't realize they had the NFL max would have tried for that had I known! They even lowered my total monthly bill. Been with the bastards a long time though.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #269
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I thought we were going to cancel but the wife surprised me by calling and negotiating this down herself. Props. Now I don't have to divorce her!
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #270
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Just got off the phone w/ Directv and didn't get as good as a deal as some on this thread(i.e.- 1 time pmt. of $99), but I got what I thought was fair. I may have made a mistake by negotiating the $10 a month credit off my general bill first. I probably lose leverage by being tied to them for 24 more months. Oh well, I'm happy to get the discount anyway. This was applied by the regular cust. srvc person. She said she couldn't do anything about NFL Ticket.

I thought I was being transferred to the retention dept., but i was transferred to the NFL dept. I think this is new. Anyway, he said he couldn't do any better than $34.99 x 5($175). I didn't think it was enough, so i had him cancel it. He did, but never transferred me to the retention dept. so I called back and specifically asked for the retention dept. I went back and forth, but eventually got them down to $155 / 5 plus Red Zone.

I am happy with this, but I shouldn't have to haggle so much as i have been with them for about 13 years.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #271
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I got the $175 offer, too but I had them remove red zone channel and they were able to knock it down to 4 payments of $24.99...so $100 total w/o red zone. And I already have a bunch of bill credits and free channels from calling to b**** about the Nickelodeon **** up
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #272
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
I got the $175 offer, too but I had them remove red zone channel and they were able to knock it down to 4 payments of $24.99...so $100 total w/o red zone. And I already have a bunch of bill credits and free channels from calling to b**** about the Nickelodeon **** up
When did you do this? They told me that some people got better discounts that called in July for the Early Renewal offer. I told them I would have but I didn't get my Early Renewal offer until the Aug. statement(true). They couldn't explain that. I got the Red Zone thrown in, not intitially offered.

Anyway, good for you, that is a good deal.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #273
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Just got directv installed yesterday. Getting Sunday Ticket for free. Pretty frickin nice.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #274
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
When did you do this? They told me that some people got better discounts that called in July for the Early Renewal offer. I told them I would have but I didn't get my Early Renewal offer until the Aug. statement(true). They couldn't explain that. I got the Red Zone thrown in, not intitially offered.

Anyway, good for you, that is a good deal.
Just a couple days ago...I think it was Friday. If you dont get the deal you want, keep calling back until you get the right person. That was my 3rd call back until I finally got a good deal.

I actually called back in June and they told me to wait until right before the season started to call back.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #275
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I posted this before but I work for directv and can get any new customer sunday ticket for free plus monthly discounts, free installation, etc. PM me and I will send you a referral.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote