The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #226
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Just called and said "neighbor' told me he got a loyalty-credit and was only paying $100 for the season.

I said I've been a Directv customer since '95 and asked if I was eligible. After looking at my account and talking to 3 reps, I got the package for FREE.

I believe it's just the standard package, not Sunday Ticket MAX, but it's all I ever had/wanted. Only hitch (if you can call it that) is that I had to agree not to cancel Directv in the next 12 months.

Calling and asking DOES pay off.

Good luck to all, and thank you for all the suggestions on this thread.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #227
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Got the NFL Sunday Ticket w/NFL MAX for $147, and I plan on working the get 10 off for 6 months angle once the season gets closer.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #228
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I might call...already called and b****ed about my overall bill being "to high". I'm not sure what else they could possibly do for me considering i already have free HD and some other discounts going on...

What exactly did you say in order to get it free?? My god
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #229
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Once again. Just go with Comcast. Get Sports Package for $8/month, pay ~$40 for a whole football season on Redzone.

No other channels matter during football Season aside from the Broncos games, which we're on Primetime all year anyway so we're set as a fanbase.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #230
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Once again. Just go with Comcast. Get Sports Package for $8/month, pay ~$40 for a whole football season on Redzone.

No other channels matter during football Season aside from the Broncos games, which we're on Primetime all year anyway so we're set as a fanbase.
im sorry but redzone is not even in the same ballpark as sunday ticket. Sunday ticket also has the redzone channel as part of it and it blows! My friend tried telling me its the same (or even better) I told him to come over as we watched 8 games on 1 screen...he never said another word about redzone.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #231
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

if i could afford cable/ satellite i would get dtv and ticket. that would be awesome.

oh well, free online works for me
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #232
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

If i were in the local area of Broncos games, i'd never get the ticket...i'm glad they have two different options for it...only time i really watched Red Zone is when i was waiting for the Broncos game to start. Not really my cup of tea. Happy they have an option not to get it for cheaper...
Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #233
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I wish they would give the option to order individual games. Last year I had the Ticket and I really didnt even need it except for maybe 2 games..The Seattle market was loving the Broncos last season, and this year it looks like it will probably be the same.
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #234
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:

There is a huge difference between Red Zone and the ticket. At 8.00 a month and 40.00 for the season you save a whopping 120.00 over having the ticket.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #235
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Got the NFL Sunday Ticket w/NFL MAX for $147, and I plan on working the get 10 off for 6 months angle once the season gets closer.
ask for 12 for 10 instead.....it's their lingo for $10 off a month for the year.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #236
Crushisback
Camp fodder

I've said it before in this thread. The best way to get the ticket and more is to go straight to the retention department. These reps have way more goodies to give out than a standard customer service rep. Here's a few tips.

1. Say "cancel" or "retention at the first prompt. No on hold time this way.
2. Tell the rep you can no longer afford the service for whatever awesome reason you can make up.
3. Tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket. This will get them focused on discounting your ticket.
4. If you don't like like the offer tell them thanks but you probably cant afford that either.
5. If you don't like the next offer just mute your phone and wait for them to disconnect the call.
6. Call back pissed off that they just hung up on you and see what they offer.
7. Repeat 5 and 6 as needed.

This will be my fifth year doing this and I have always got a great discount some better than others (got my dad $850 in credits over 18 months last year).
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #237
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushisback View Post
I've said it before in this thread. The best way to get the ticket and more is to go straight to the retention department. These reps have way more goodies to give out than a standard customer service rep. Here's a few tips.

2. Tell the rep you can no longer afford the service for whatever awesome reason you can make up.
3. Tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket. This will get them focused on discounting your ticket.
4. If you don't like like the offer tell them thanks but you probably cant afford that either.
5. If you don't like the next offer just mute your phone and wait for them to disconnect the call.

This will be my fifth year doing this and I have always got a great discount some better than others (got my dad $850 in credits over 18 months last year).
Bingo, this has worked for me 4 years in a row. One thing I would add is to tell them you will switch to cable WHO YOU ALREADY HAVE INTERNET WITH. This scares them cause you already have a relationship with the cable company
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #238
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I work for directv, and if any of you are new customers I can get you a discounted package that includes free Sunday ticket. Pm for details.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #239
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

What is the deal with the PS3 NFL ticket? Anyone have it?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #240
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
What is the deal with the PS3 NFL ticket? Anyone have it?
I think there were a few on here that had it last year that said it was kinda ****ty.

Crushisback, i might have to look into that. Do they keep note of other times you've called about lowering your bill etc. I just did that like 2 months ago...
Old 06-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #241
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushisback View Post

Hadn't called DTV in over a year and this thread/specific post motivated me to call them again. Thanks! First off, they are offering new customers a killer deal right now including free NFL Ticket and over $40 per month less than I do for the Premier (best) package. I've been a Directv customer for 13 years and NFL ticket for the life of the program so that pisses me off. After 3 operators and finally asking to speak the the "Cancellations" department, here is what I negotiated.

-$99 per month for Premier for 12 months (20 less than I was paying before)
-Free NFL Ticket for 1 year (she originally offered 50% off or $147 per year)
-Two free HD-DVR box upgrades ($199 x 2 value)
-Only 2 of 4 DVR boxes are charged monthly rental fee.
-Free HD each month with auto pay setup
-Added Home Cinema feature and newer multi-switch for $50 one-time charge (originally $100)

Pretty damn good deal I think considering what they are currently offering new users. Love this thread.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #242
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
im sorry but redzone is not even in the same ballpark as sunday ticket. Sunday ticket also has the redzone channel as part of it and it blows! My friend tried telling me its the same (or even better) I told him to come over as we watched 8 games on 1 screen...he never said another word about redzone.
Except that none of the other games matter, so you may as well just watch the highlight reel.

Redzone is cheap, and gets you everything important. Plus you get to watch all the close games since they just stay on them.

Take the hundreds you save to the bar for the 2 or 3 games a year that aren't nationally televised lol.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #243
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemonkey View Post
Hadn't called DTV in over a year and this thread/specific post motivated me to call them again. Thanks! First off, they are offering new customers a killer deal right now including free NFL Ticket and over $40 per month less than I do for the Premier (best) package. I've been a Directv customer for 13 years and NFL ticket for the life of the program so that pisses me off. After 3 operators and finally asking to speak the the "Cancellations" department, here is what I negotiated.

-$99 per month for Premier for 12 months (20 less than I was paying before)
-Free NFL Ticket for 1 year (she originally offered 50% off or $147 per year)
-Two free HD-DVR box upgrades ($199 x 2 value)
-Only 2 of 4 DVR boxes are charged monthly rental fee.
-Free HD each month with auto pay setup
-Added Home Cinema feature and newer multi-switch for $50 one-time charge (originally $100)

Pretty damn good deal I think considering what they are currently offering new users. Love this thread.
They always offer the Ticket to new customers for free...
Old 06-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #244
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
if i could afford cable/ satellite i would get dtv and ticket. that would be awesome.

oh well, free online works for me
Last time i tried streaming online the quality wasn't very good. Any sites i should know about?
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #245
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Except that none of the other games matter, so you may as well just watch the highlight reel.

Redzone is cheap, and gets you everything important. Plus you get to watch all the close games since they just stay on them.

Take the hundreds you save to the bar for the 2 or 3 games a year that aren't nationally televised lol.
eh. Sundays are pretty big at my house, game after game all day when not at Sports Authority field. So to each his own I suppose.

Not to mention better beer at my house than bar, for cheaper than bar prices. with better company
Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #246
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I think there were a few on here that had it last year that said it was kinda ****ty.

Crushisback, i might have to look into that. Do they keep note of other times you've called about lowering your bill etc. I just did that like 2 months ago...
If you have active credits on your account they will often say they can't do anything until they expire. They can/will however discount your sunday ticket. You have to remind them that the ticket is the only reason you have the ticket and you can't afford it.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #247
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Just scored my best deal ever (granted it was an hour long call of polite chitchat while she "checked available deals"). ive been a directv premier siince day 1 of my account (well over 10 years now).

She got me $20 off for 12 months of my premier package
another $20 off for 6 months for a movie channel discount
a free wirless ondemand box

and FREE SundayTicket MAX.

All I had to do was commit to the premier package for 12 months which is easy because like I said ive already had for well over 10 years.

Last edited by bfoflcommish; 07-02-2012 at 11:27 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #248
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just scored my best deal ever (granted it was an hour long call of polite chitchat while she "checked available deals"). ive been a directv premier siince day 1 of my account (well over 10 years now).

She got me $20 off for 12 months of my premier package
another $20 off for 6 months for a movie channel discount
a free wirless ondemand box

and FREE SundayTicket MAX.

All I had to do was commit to the premier package for 12 months which is easy because like I said ive already had for well over 10 years.
That's it, I'm calling today. I've been a premier subscriber for 6 years now. I'm just going to ask them what current available deals they have and then tell them my "neighbor" got the deal you just described.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #249
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
That's it, I'm calling today. I've been a premier subscriber for 6 years now. I'm just going to ask them what current available deals they have and then tell them my "neighbor" got the deal you just described.
i just called in asking how i can lower my bill, the girl went over and then i mentioned i still like sunday ticket though, so she transfered me to (in her words) someone who can help with sunday ticket offers.

polite chit chat to start, she looked at my account said iver been super loyal etc...asked what I needed. I told her premier is getting pricy so I want to see about lowering my bill but I also want to keep sunday ticket if at all possible. She pushed some buttons (in her words) and told me available premier deals which was the $20 of for 12 mtnhs and 1.2 half for 6 months of movie channels. then she asked about sunday ticket, I said I only need basic as I dont like red zone, only thing on max i would need is ihpone access. she came back with the offer of free basic as long as i Committ to 12 months of premier package. and she gave red zone channel for free. I said thank you I dont eeven need red zone. she says hold on, few minutes later comes back and says well max i can get you for 4 month of 25 but i think I got a button pushed to make it zero....well ok sold! then she asked if I have been using directv everywhere since i have an iphone i said not yet but i use hbo2go and dtv app to set dvr's..she said well since you use technology let me send yo u a free ondemand router since I see yo u are not on that yet....ok double sold!!

Like i said it was almost an hour and alot of chit friendly chit chat, but i think that was well worth my lunch hour phone call
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #250
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i just called in asking how i can lower my bill, the girl went over and then i mentioned i still like sunday ticket though, so she transfered me to (in her words) someone who can help with sunday ticket offers.

polite chit chat to start, she looked at my account said iver been super loyal etc...asked what I needed. I told her premier is getting pricy so I want to see about lowering my bill but I also want to keep sunday ticket if at all possible. She pushed some buttons (in her words) and told me available premier deals which was the $20 of for 12 mtnhs and 1.2 half for 6 months of movie channels. then she asked about sunday ticket, I said I only need basic as I dont like red zone, only thing on max i would need is ihpone access. she came back with the offer of free basic as long as i Committ to 12 months of premier package. and she gave red zone channel for free. I said thank you I dont eeven need red zone. she says hold on, few minutes later comes back and says well max i can get you for 4 month of 25 but i think I got a button pushed to make it zero....well ok sold! then she asked if I have been using directv everywhere since i have an iphone i said not yet but i use hbo2go and dtv app to set dvr's..she said well since you use technology let me send yo u a free ondemand router since I see yo u are not on that yet....ok double sold!!

Like i said it was almost an hour and alot of chit friendly chit chat, but i think that was well worth my lunch hour phone call
I'll give that a shot, thanks! Hopefully I get someone that's easy to be nice to. Generally their customer service reps are pretty personable.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote