The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Poll on NFL Network has Broncos last place in AFC West

Was watching NFL Network last night and they had a poll for the AFC West and I know a ton of people are talking up the Raiders beyond anything they deserve. I know the Raiders are a sexy pick so to speak, but these poll results were so stupid I just had to post about it. These were their poll results, the best I remember them, but this should be close. Broncos came in last and I don't even think they earned double digits. I get that our QB situation isn't ideal right now, but we won the Superbowl last year in SPITE of QB play. I just don't see how some fans can be so stupid. Maybe it's just wishful thinking they voted this way. They'd love to see the Broncos flop. But I'm not buying it. I just don't see how our offense could be any worse then last year and our defense is still the best.

Raiders - 65%
Chargers - 14%
Chiefs - 12%
Broncos - 9%

That's ok, all this disrespect is gonna fire the Broncos up even more. But cmon, seriously? Last place with only 9%? Some really stupid people out there I have to say. I think it just goes to show that most fans these days give way too much credit towards QB's and too little credit to everything else. The Broncos didn't have great QB play last year and eve
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Oily Variety Bohunk

Our offense was groin sweat last year and we won a ring.... The defense is still boobies, this team will compete for the division, and it will probably be a photo finish.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

This wasn't a poll for who will be first through last place, it was a poll for who will win the division. Just because we got the fewest "win" votes, doesn't indicate everyone believes we'll finish last. There might be more people who think we finish second. Then again, the offseason is the only time Raider and Chief fans can get excited, so they probably voted heavily for this.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Haters gon hate
Old 08-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #5
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker

Sanchez effect. If he was on the raiders they'd be polled last too, no way they'd win the division.

He's so bad he can single handily ruin a super bowl team.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
OABB
Just winloss baby

Oh no we suck again!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

The sanchize
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #7
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Nobody thought the Broncos would even make the playoffs last year during the final month of the season. So I'm not bothered by this at all.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor

I'll take the team who won the division the last 5 ****ing years....and happened to win it all last year!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #9
SureShot
Naked Boots!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

don't care won super bowl
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Yeah I don't care either. Wouldn't shock me if we are 7-9. But we got a chip
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:53 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This wasn't a poll for who will be first through last place, it was a poll for who will win the division. Just because we got the fewest "win" votes, doesn't indicate everyone believes we'll finish last. There might be more people who think we finish second. Then again, the offseason is the only time Raider and Chief fans can get excited, so they probably voted heavily for this.
I was going to post the same thing but made sure no one else did so....then your post hit immediately. Zona needs a math class.

Only thing that is making me pissed is somehow a few jump on the Raiders bandwagon, which they have the last few seasons, and they have not had a winning season since they got blown out of the Super Bowl! Yes our QB situation looks horrible but last season we were picked to win our division and our steady QB became pretty much crap. I don't think AFC West is overpowering and there is no reason we can't take it again for the 6th season in a row.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:15 PM   #12
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

People are stupid. This is not news.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #13
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

It's like politics; people pick one single topic and form their entire opinion on that point. With the Broncos it's the qb situation.

No one takes into account we won the SB with the worst QB production in the league. No one cares that we beat the panthers with the worst offensive performance in the history of the league.

The unsettled qb situation allows them to rationalize that losing Jackson and Trevathan will cripple the defense. They look at one tree in the forest and can't see anything else.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:26 PM   #14
ChampJesusBailey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Did they only poll Willie and whatever that ****ty FB's name is?
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:59 PM   #15
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

They don't believe it, Vegas has us clearly favored.

The only money they'll make predicting the raiders AFCW champs is on ads for that clickbait.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #16
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

****, I don't think the Broncos will win the division. I wouldn't pick Denver to win it.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #17
MamaMia
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Any Bronco fan that is being honest with himself should come to the realization that a ton of things went our way last season for us to be able to go to and then win the Super Bowl. A good portion of that is just great execution by our players, especially on the defensive side of the ball. But there was some luck in there as well.. a lot of it. Math says not to expect the same output of good luck again this season. Doesn't mean we can't win the division, I just don't expect it. If Lynch is who we think he is, then next season we can start expecting division titles again. But right now our QB is Mark Sanchez and what happened last season is now irrelevant. I think we go 10-6, +/- 1.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:51 AM   #18
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Any Bronco fan that is being honest with himself should come to the realization that a ton of things went our way last season for us to be able to go to and then win the Super Bowl. A good portion of that is just great execution by our players, especially on the defensive side of the ball. But there was some luck in there as well.. a lot of it. Math says not to expect the same output of good luck again this season. Doesn't mean we can't win the division, I just don't expect it. If Lynch is who we think he is, then next season we can start expecting division titles again. But right now our QB is Mark Sanchez and what happened last season is now irrelevant. I think we go 10-6, +/- 1.
If we're turning the ball over at the same rate as last year, yeah we aren't going to have the same success. If we protect the ball and the running game improves, who knows what might happen.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #19
69bronco
PFL for week 1 starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sunshine

The Peyton manning effect.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:26 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Got to see Lady Gaga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

I'm sure that Kubiak knows better than any of us that the keys to this season are the running attack and defense.

Raiders have put together a good team, on paper. They're good at that. The Chief's? Same old ****, different year. Sandy Eggo gonna Sandy Eggo.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:36 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm sure that Kubiak knows better than any of us that the keys to this season are the running attack and defense.

Raiders have put together a good team, on paper. They're good at that. The Chief's? Same old ****, different year. Sandy Eggo gonna Sandy Eggo.
Here's my thing. I understand there could be some hesitation on picking the Broncos to have the season they had last year (and I'm not talking about the playoffs). But I will say this, when you have a defense like this, you will ALWAYS be in the game. That's great news for us. Yeah, we might go 9-7 or 10-6 if the offense struggles. But we also might go 13-3 with the offense struggling. That's what a bad ass defense does for a team. They always keep you in the game and give you a chance to win.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:54 PM   #22
Bronx33
lets go partner

17mph rocketship to the superbowl!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simmons

Poll smoll.......
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #23
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Poll nazi!
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #24
maggnus
Seasoned Veteran

in Elway i trust

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

maggnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:16 PM   #25
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer