The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Default Police: Vick not ruled out as suspect

Police: Vick not ruled out as suspect

RICHMOND, Va. (AP)

Police say Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback Michael Vick has not been ruled out as suspect or person of interest in a shooting investigation in Virginia Beach.

Police spokesman Adam Bernstein said Thursday police did not look at Vick, or anyone else, as a possible suspect immediately after the shooting early Friday because detectives had not begun their investigation. The shooting came shortly after Vick's birthday party at a club ended.

Bernstein said police will not discuss specifics of the investigation and that no one has been named as a suspect or arrested. He declined to characterize Vick's status in the case.

"I don't want to say either way as to what his involvement is,'' Bernstein told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "Everyone wants me to give him a label because of who he is.''

Vick's attorney, Larry Woodward, did not immediately return phone messages left Thursday.

Police have not identified the shooting victim, but Woodward said it was Quanis Phillips, a co-defendant in the dogfighting case that sent Vick to federal prison.

One condition of Vick's probation is that he is not allowed to be in the company of other felons. Woodward said Phillips was not invited to the party and that he and Vick had no interaction.

Woodward also said his client, a former star with the Atlanta Falcons, left the party at least 10 minutes, and perhaps as many as 20, before the shooting took place.

However, Allen Fabijan, spokesman for Guadalajara Mexican restaurant and nightclub, said Wednesday that Vick left the club just minutes before the shooting.

Fabijan said that that time-stamped footage from a surveillance camera outside the entrance of the club shows a car with Vick inside leaving at 2:07 a.m. - about 4 minutes before the shooting a block away. He said that Vick was traveling in the direction of where the shooting took place.

Police said their first 911 call reporting the shooting came in at 2:11.

Fabijan said police have asked the club not to release the video to media but allowed the AP to view the grainy footage. Vick's face is not discernible.

Phillips was released from a Virginia Beach hospital on Saturday. He was sentenced to 21 months in prison in the dogfighting case after detailing for authorities his and Vick's role in the operation.

Vick, accompanied by Woodward, was interviewed by detectives in the case on Monday.

The NFL and the Eagles have said they are looking into the matter.

NFL commissioner Goodell told Vick when he reinstated him that his margin for error was "extremely limited.''

What a stupid idiot

He gets another opportunity and looks like he shyt the bed
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Must be nice to have one client to get rich on.

I bet he has a dozen on file.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I'm pretty sure that part of the reinstatement terms laid down by Goodell was that Vick had to be proactive in his good behavior. Just staying out of trouble wasn't going to cut it. Being even remotely linked to a nightclub shootout has got to be grounds for permanent dismissal. I'm suprised he was able to make it this long.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Confusing story actually, since it says that his face is not discernable on the video...so how do they know it was him then? Second, if the shooting happened a block away, how is "at the party"? I wish they'd provide more details...but I don't doubt he's involved somehow since these two are connected and that seems like more than a coincidence. This guy gave him up to the feds so maybe he followed him and shot him or maybe he didn't. Either way...if you're Michael Vick you ought to be home rather than running the streets at 2 am. It will be interesting to see what if anything Goodell does this time.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I'm pretty sure that part of the reinstatement terms laid down by Goodell was that Vick had to be proactive in his good behavior. Just staying out of trouble wasn't going to cut it.
Well I guess that explains the Michael Vick Project then.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:38 AM   #6
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

"Fabijan said that that time-stamped footage from a surveillance camera outside the entrance of the club shows a car with Vick inside leaving at 2:07 a.m. - about 4 minutes before the shooting a block away. He said that Vick was traveling in the direction of where the shooting took place."

ROFL. What a ****ing idiot Vick is. Can't have a quiet little B-Day celebration with family and friends? That surveillance footage is pretty damning too. Going towards the shooting a block away, and four minutes from it... I believe the dude killed was one of the guys who ratted on Vick for a lesser sentence.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #7
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
"Fabijan said that that time-stamped footage from a surveillance camera outside the entrance of the club shows a car with Vick inside leaving at 2:07 a.m. - about 4 minutes before the shooting a block away. He said that Vick was traveling in the direction of where the shooting took place."

ROFL. What a ****ing idiot Vick is. Can't have a quiet little B-Day celebration with family and friends? That surveillance footage is pretty damning too. Going towards the shooting a block away, and four minutes from it... I believe the dude killed was one of the guys who ratted on Vick for a lesser sentence.
That's why it's confusing...it also says his face is indiscernable...huh?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #8
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

there might be witnesses who can vouch that it was vick .. yet when the police reviewed the tape to see they coudlnt tell one way or another. All in all its pretty damning for vick. I have no love for vick and hope they can get something conrete
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #9
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Dan Patrick mentioned that the investigators were looking into his class act of a brother, Marcus.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #10
meangene
Ring of Famer

Jamie Dukes will be crushed.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #11
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

It appears that the shooting victim did not die, so he might know who shot him, and that'll be your proof right there. I hope it wasn't Vick, all that work to come back all for nothing. Keep your freaking butt in the house and play Madden or something. Nothing good ever happens after 2am on any street.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #12
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
It appears that the shooting victim did not die, so he might know who shot him, and that'll be your proof right there. I hope it wasn't Vick, all that work to come back all for nothing. Keep your freaking butt in the house and play Madden or something. Nothing good ever happens after 2am on any street.
Vick is, was, and always will be a punk. He flat-out lied to Goodell about his involvement in the dog-fighting ring. He refused to cooperate with the authorities and only entered a plea agreement after his co-defendants rolled over on him. He has only admitted any guilt, responsibility or remorse when he absolutely had to for his own benefit. In this case, he has, at best, continued his history of lying when necessary to protect himself. He flat-out lied to police about when he left relative to the shooting. Sure are a lot of coincidences. The dude shows up at Vick's party, Vick leaves, the guy is thrown out of the party, dude ends up shot a block away just after leaving the party and within minutes of Vick leaving. Video show Vick in a car heading in the direction of the victim minutes before the shooting and Vick lies about when he left. Doesn't take a genius to connect the dots here.

People forget about the whole water bottle with the false bottom at the airport incident, his lack of any effort to work to improve his throwing mechanics or accuracy in Atlanta, and his off-season statements about how he deserved to be a starter again and where he might want to play (even though he is under contract to Philly who gave him a chance to get back in the league). Vick is a punk, a thug and a con-artist. The sooner it all comes to light and he is out of the league for good, the better it is IMO.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
Vick is, was, and always will be a punk. He flat-out lied to Goodell about his involvement in the dog-fighting ring. He refused to cooperate with the authorities and only entered a plea agreement after his co-defendants rolled over on him. He has only admitted any guilt, responsibility or remorse when he absolutely had to for his own benefit. In this case, he has, at best, continued his history of lying when necessary to protect himself. He flat-out lied to police about when he left relative to the shooting. Sure are a lot of coincidences. The dude shows up at Vick's party, Vick leaves, the guy is thrown out of the party, dude ends up shot a block away just after leaving the party and within minutes of Vick leaving. Video show Vick in a car heading in the direction of the victim minutes before the shooting and Vick lies about when he left. Doesn't take a genius to connect the dots here.

People forget about the whole water bottle with the false bottom at the airport incident, his lack of any effort to work to improve his throwing mechanics or accuracy in Atlanta, and his off-season statements about how he deserved to be a starter again and where he might want to play (even though he is under contract to Philly who gave him a chance to get back in the league). Vick is a punk, a thug and a con-artist. The sooner it all comes to light and he is out of the league for good, the better it is IMO.
Here Here
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derick Domino

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would care if it is him. He has proven to be a complete idiot over and over again. I can't fathom why anyone would pull for Ron Mexico. I'm all for second chances but this guy has had way more than his fair share of chances. The league will be better without him.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #15
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I pull for all men and women to do the right thing and to stay out of trouble.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
Naggle Nole
Team Intern

Soul Brotha

Hard to find a much more poignant example of how the athletic ability and potential as a playmaker can override the common sense of the fans and NFL FO's

As a 'Noles fan, I still remember this guy back in the 1999-2000 college football season. At the time, I thought he was a singular talent...

What a shame that he didn't have the drive to capitalize on all of it
Naggle Nole is offline   Reply With Quote