The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Where does LeBron land?
LA Clippers 3 3.19%
New York Knicks 8 8.51%
Chicago Bulls 40 42.55%
Miami Heat 10 10.64%
New Jersey Nets 7 7.45%
Dallas Mavericks 1 1.06%
Cleveland Cavs 25 26.60%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
hookemhess's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 928

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon
Default Lebron James - Where does he go?

I'd like to see him stay in Cleveland, but I don't think there is a chance at this point. I'm going with Chicago.

Last edited by hookemhess; 06-30-2010 at 10:56 PM..
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran
 
Jerry Curl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 387
Default

LeBron and Bosh go to the Bulls, proceed to win multiple titles.
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,287
Default

I hope LeBron stays in Cleveland.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemhess View Post
I'd like to see him stay in Cleveland, but I don't think there is a chance at this point. I'm going with Chicago.
I think the odds of him coming back to Cleveland are better than you think.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran
 
Jerry Curl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 387
Default

He'll stay in Cleveland if he wants to top K. Malone as greatest to never win a title. They haven't put a good group around him in 7 years, why stay? Almost averages a triple-double but yet his team is eliminated in the playoffs.
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

He's going to NY. They have been dumping contracts for 2 years now just for this. He loves NY and he'll be in the largest media market there is. They have tons of cash, their own celebs who go to the games and they already have some very nice young players in place. If they can add Amare or Bosh to go with him, watch out.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Curl View Post
He'll stay in Cleveland if he wants to top K. Malone as greatest to never win a title. They haven't put a good group around him in 7 years, why stay? Almost averages a triple-double but yet his team is eliminated in the playoffs.
That happens to every playoff team but one every year.

The Cavs not putting a squad together hasn't been due to lack of trying, I'll tell you that much.

Last edited by Killericon; 07-01-2010 at 12:37 AM..
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 AM   #8
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran
 
Jerry Curl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 387
Default

Exactly what I was saying...he won't be that final team if he stays in Cleveland and he wants rings.
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:29 AM   #9
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

I have the worst feeling that he ends up with Jay-Z and the Nets.

Signed,

about to be disappointed knicks fan
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:06 AM   #10
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,043

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

if he really wants to win a championship he goes to chicago or miami. if he's worried about his "brand" he'll go to NY.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 578
Default

Miami
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #12
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

He won't go to New York unless it's with another star. They really have nothing to offer. The man is a global icon, endorsements are not going to be much if any better in New York. The Cavaliers have a much better roster than the Knicks currently. Hell, the only good player they have is David Lee.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #13
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 1,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
He's going to NY. They have been dumping contracts for 2 years now just for this. He loves NY and he'll be in the largest media market there is. They have tons of cash, their own celebs who go to the games and they already have some very nice young players in place. If they can add Amare or Bosh to go with him, watch out.
Kindly inform us who their nice young players are in NY??

The cavs have a better roster than NY.

Chicago or Miami are the front runners at this point.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Kindly inform us who their nice young players are in NY??

The cavs have a better roster than NY.

Chicago or Miami are the front runners at this point.
He wouldn't come to NY without another star, but read my post in the Bron/Bosh "done deal" thread. Gallonari is one of the best shooters in the NBA (and only 21), Wilson Chandler proved a great shooter last year (and a very capable number 4 (if the knicks were to bring in Bosh/Bron), and they also have Toney Douglas who shot just under 40 percent from 3 last year. Not to mention, they have Eddy Curry's deal coming off the books next season which could help land Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Carmelo....Brons future would be very bright in NYC if he decided to go
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Kindly inform us who their nice young players are in NY??

The cavs have a better roster than NY.

Chicago or Miami are the front runners at this point.
By the way, Miami's current roster consists of two players
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #16
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco
 
cousinal11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,225
Default

Cleveland. No doubt.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Curl View Post
He'll stay in Cleveland if he wants to top K. Malone as greatest to never win a title. They haven't put a good group around him in 7 years, why stay? Almost averages a triple-double but yet his team is eliminated in the playoffs.
Hmmm....that same group was good enough to finish with the league's best record the past two years in a row. To bad LeChoke decided to quit on them in the playoffs.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
if he really wants to win a championship he goes to chicago or miami. if he's worried about his "brand" he'll go to NY.
Or he'll stay in Cleveland if he's all about the Benjamins.

Last I checked, the Cavs can still offer the highest salary.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #19
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran
 
Jerry Curl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 387
Default

Having a good regular season team isn't the same as a good playoff team. When a team comes in for a night LeBron can own them because they're, most likely, not keying on LeBron. I wouldn't say he choked, he almost averaged a triple-double and they still got eliminated, he just had nobody to pick up the slack in the 7 game series...
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #20
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer
 
ohiobronco2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Curl View Post
Having a good regular season team isn't the same as a good playoff team. When a team comes in for a night LeBron can own them because they're, most likely, not keying on LeBron. I wouldn't say he choked, he almost averaged a triple-double and they still got eliminated, he just had nobody to pick up the slack in the 7 game series...
Don't argue with him. It's a waste of your time. You are correct. He has a solid team around him, but no spectacular. Anybody with any basketball knowlegde knows this. Lebron is the reason why the Cavs went 6 against the Celtics. Mo rarely showed up, Shaq was a major disappointment and KG had his way against Jamison the whole series. Mike Brown couldn't make an adjustment to save his life was luckily fired. The next coach can't be as bad.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #21
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,234
Default

He'll stay in Cleveland where he can make the most money
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #22
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

I hope he goes to the Bulls to live in the shadow of MJ and to show him that he cannot hold MJ's jock
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #23
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
He won't go to New York unless it's with another star. They really have nothing to offer. The man is a global icon, endorsements are not going to be much if any better in New York. The Cavaliers have a much better roster than the Knicks currently. Hell, the only good player they have is David Lee.
1.The Cavs' roster is way overrated. Without LeBron they are a 30 win team, just like, gasp, the knicks.

2.He will absolutely be more visible on The Knicks. Just ask Derek Jeter how playing for the Yankees has helped his career.

3. Gallinari is the next Dirk, and Chandler is a decent swingman. Beyond all of that, however, is the fact that the knicks can add TWO max free agents this year, and have an extremely attractive chip to trade in Eddy Curry, whose salary comes off next year. If they can't trade that contract, guess what- The Knicks can use his expiring money to sign a 3rd max player next year if they want to.

Knicks have a lot more going for them than people in the Midwest want to admit. Still probably wont be enough though
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
1.The Cavs' roster is way overrated. Without LeBron they are a 30 win team, just like, gasp, the knicks.

2.He will absolutely be more visible on The Knicks. Just ask Derek Jeter how playing for the Yankees has helped his career.

3. Gallinari is the next Dirk, and Chandler is a decent swingman. Beyond all of that, however, is the fact that the knicks can add TWO max free agents this year, and have an extremely attractive chip to trade in Eddy Curry, whose salary comes off next year. If they can't trade that contract, guess what- The Knicks can use his expiring money to sign a 3rd max player next year if they want to.

Knicks have a lot more going for them than people in the Midwest want to admit. Still probably wont be enough though
Next year's player wouldnt be a max, but you could sign someone for like 10-11 mil
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #25
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

HAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Denver Broncos