The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default Nuggets looking to trade 'Melo?

ESPN Bottomline... Nuggets look to trade Melo rather than lose him to FA next year. Bosh in a sign in trade? Doesn't make up for losing Melo, but would serve Melo a huge blow sending him to Canada. If he doesn't want to sign here, ship him to Canada.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's from a completely speculative column by Kizsla this morning. Nothing to see here.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

We'll see. Better than letting him go for nothing like we did with Mutombo. Took us a decade to recover from that Bickerstaff blunder.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

why is ESPN showing it then?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

It would be a real shame for the Nuggs to lose Melo. But if you look at it, Denver might not have the cap space, current team, willingness to part with vast amounts of cash, and lifestyle that a player like Melo wants. He's probably chomping at the bit knowing that the competitive balance of the NBA is going to shift this year drastically based on where the big FAs go.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
You didn't seriously ask this question, did you?

"Mike Shanahan is in Kansas City, and the deal is done, according to NFL insider Chris Mortenson."

You were saying?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
ESPN Bottomline... Nuggets look to trade Melo rather than lose him to FA next year. Bosh in a sign in trade? Doesn't make up for losing Melo, but would serve Melo a huge blow sending him to Canada. If he doesn't want to sign here, ship him to Canada.
He wants to stay here. His extension is still on the table. He's under contract thru next year. The safe assumption is he is waiting to see what happens with this years crazy FA stuff.
And of course the nuggets would rather trade him than let him go in FA.

My bet is he's locked up thru 2015 before next season.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
It's from a completely speculative column by Kizsla this morning. Nothing to see here.
Which is based on the fact that Melo hasn't yet signed his extension cause he wants the nuggets to bring in a big man and work progressively to getting the team closer to Championship caliber.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
Rugby7
Solid Starter

I think he will sign the extension. He would have to really want out to leave that money the table with the CBA expiring.
Rugby7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

i know nugget fans won't approve...

but i'd love to see melo in a bulls uni...he and rose would compliment eachother amazingly...

as for the nugget fans not approving part:...Deng/Taj and a 1st round pick for Melo...

if the Nuggets really were serious, they'd prolly insist chicago take Kenyon's horrible contract to get the deal done...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Honestly, I think they do that all the time. The Kiszla column started out in the very back of the Post, then worked its way up to the front page. Read it. He doesn't really say anything, other than lame speculation. He doesn't quote anyone. He doesn't cite "unnamed sources." It's typical lame Kiszla.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #12
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Honestly, I think they do that all the time. The Kiszla column started out in the very back of the Post, then worked its way up to the front page. Read it. He doesn't really say anything, other than lame speculation. He doesn't quote anyone. He doesn't cite "unnamed sources." It's typical lame Kiszla.
To be fair, Kisla said this in his column:

"the team is prepared to trade Melo rather than let him walk as a free agent next summer, according to a source familiar with the negotiations."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15405631

Now that could be from anyone, but it's most likely not a source within the organization or he would have said it.

It's also pretty vague. OF COURSE they would rather trade him than let him walk for nothing. But the question still remains whether they are going to actively shop him this year if he doesn't sign the extension.

Personally, I think Melo would be crazy not to sign the extension now. While it looked shrewd at the time, he really screwed himself by not signing the same deal the rest of the '03 draft class signed. After the players get worked over in another bargaining agreement, there probably won't be that kind of money available.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
To be fair, Kisla said this in his column:

"the team is prepared to trade Melo rather than let him walk as a free agent next summer, according to a source familiar with the negotiations."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15405631

Now that could be from anyone, but it's most likely not a source within the organization or he would have said it.

It's also pretty vague. OF COURSE they would rather trade him than let him walk for nothing. But the question still remains whether they are going to actively shop him this year if he doesn't sign the extension.

Personally, I think Melo would be crazy not to sign the extension now. While it looked shrewd at the time, he really screwed himself by not signing the same deal the rest of the '03 draft class signed. After the players get worked over in another bargaining agreement, there probably won't be that kind of money available.
Ah, I hadn't seen that. I skimmed. I've been reading Kiszla since forever, and I've stopped thinking of him as a credible well of information regarding Denver sports.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #14
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Melo aint going anywhere
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #15
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

NBA star Carmelo Anthony and his fiance, TV personality Lala Vasquez, are selling their massive suburban Denver mansion for a starting price of $9.5 million. The house, which Anthony bought in 2007 for $12 million, features a 21,000-plus- square-foot main house, a 5,500-square-foot barn and paddock, and a 1,600-square- foot guest house. The main house includes seven fireplaces, a wine cellar, 15 bathrooms, a theater, a gym, a 3,000-square- foot recording studio, a seven-car garage and a 54-foot-long pool.
The house was listed well before rumors began to circulate that Anthony, whose contract expires after the end of next season, would be traded.
Anthony's listing agent told the Denver Post he wasn't sure why Anthony was selling the estate, but speculated that he and Vasquez may want to "get a little closer to town. I think it's because his family situation has changed since he bought it. He has a 3-year-old now."
Anthony and Vasquez will star in a reality show on VH1 based on their engagement and wedding
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #16
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
NBA star Carmelo Anthony and his fiance, TV personality Lala Vasquez, are selling their massive suburban Denver mansion for a starting price of $9.5 million. The house, which Anthony bought in 2007 for $12 million, features a 21,000-plus- square-foot main house, a 5,500-square-foot barn and paddock, and a 1,600-square- foot guest house. The main house includes seven fireplaces, a wine cellar, 15 bathrooms, a theater, a gym, a 3,000-square- foot recording studio, a seven-car garage and a 54-foot-long pool.
The house was listed well before rumors began to circulate that Anthony, whose contract expires after the end of next season, would be traded.
Anthony's listing agent told the Denver Post he wasn't sure why Anthony was selling the estate, but speculated that he and Vasquez may want to "get a little closer to town. I think it's because his family situation has changed since he bought it. He has a 3-year-old now."
Anthony and Vasquez will star in a reality show on VH1 based on their engagement and wedding
$3 million loss Melo. Poor investment.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

he's not going anywhere. but if he doesnt sign his extension then he will. Its not that nuggets WANT to trade him but they may have to welcome to business 101. but he will sign his extension, too much money to give up.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Seem familar

"You've probably heard Broncos Quarterback Jay Cutler has put his house up for sale. But should you read something more into this? Could this be a sign that Cutler could be leaving town in the wake of his feud with the Broncos? As best as CBS4 Sports can tell...no.

Here's what we've learned. Cutler does have a house on the market. It's a house he bought back in 2006 in Castle Pines. But that's not the house considered to be his primary residence which is much closer to the Broncos facility. Fact is, Cutler has three properties that we know of including a condo in downtown.

We're told Cutler has been thinking about selling the Castle Pines house for somewhere around 6 months. Long before any controversy erupted between the quarterback and the Broncos."
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #19
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Seem familar

"You've probably heard Broncos Quarterback Jay Cutler has put his house up for sale. But should you read something more into this? Could this be a sign that Cutler could be leaving town in the wake of his feud with the Broncos? As best as CBS4 Sports can tell...no.

Here's what we've learned. Cutler does have a house on the market. It's a house he bought back in 2006 in Castle Pines. But that's not the house considered to be his primary residence which is much closer to the Broncos facility. Fact is, Cutler has three properties that we know of including a condo in downtown.

We're told Cutler has been thinking about selling the Castle Pines house for somewhere around 6 months. Long before any controversy erupted between the quarterback and the Broncos."
Anyone know if Cutler's house has sold yet?
Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
Anyone know if Cutler's house has sold yet?
I'm not sure about that house but my girlfriend's mom's house in Elbert Co. is near Cutler's parents house and to the best of our knowledge it hasn't sold yet - a black Hummer is still parked in the driveway and I think that was Jay's car.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #21
DBruleU
Ring of Famer

Quote:
http://www.denverrealestate.com/prop...LETON_CO_80128
DBruleU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #22
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Monthly Payments: $49,982.05
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #23
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

That's a big ass house.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #24
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
You didn't seriously ask this question, did you?

"Mike Shanahan is in Kansas City, and the deal is done, according to NFL insider Chris Mortenson."

You were saying?
Damnit, Mike's in KC now, we're doomed, doomed I tell ya!!!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #25
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

I blame McD.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote