The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default BREAKING NEWS: Sooooo, are the Chargers running a pill popping clinic?

Heard this a few hours ago but nobody has posted on it so I will be the one of good news (bad if you are our lovely Chargers trolls). This also affects the SD Padres. I think David Eckstein is one of the guilty (j/k). This all started after safety Ellison got popped for popping.

http://www.10news.com/news/24084332/detail.html
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,375
Default

Uh oh...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Look out Merriman.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,495

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

this is a non story at this time...
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
this is a non story at this time...
When the DEA come knocking on two SD franchises, I doubt the front offices are thinking it is a non story. Something was leaked either by Ellison or the one who provided the pills.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

Hopefully it's only Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill who are busted.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Hopefully it's only Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill who are busted.
What would worry me if i was a Charger fan is the snippet where Chargers say our team doctors didn't give the vicoden. But then DEA saying we already know Chargers were sending there players to these doctors.

This could be something bigger then just one or two players. They could end up busted. Comish said when he came on he was going to enforce the drug policy. I think maybe he is serious.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:43 AM   #8
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
What would worry me if i was a Charger fan is the snippet where Chargers say our team doctors didn't give the vicoden. But then DEA saying we already know Chargers were sending there players to these doctors.

This could be something bigger then just one or two players. They could end up busted. Comish said when he came on he was going to enforce the drug policy. I think maybe he is serious.
Yeah, I guess I should be concerned but I'm not.

I think I just want the season to start already. I'm tired of hearing about all the drama around the NFL this off season (contracts, holdouts, police blotters, etc.) I'm starting to just become apathetic to everything.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #9
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Yeah, I guess I should be concerned but I'm not.

I think I just want the season to start already. I'm tired of hearing about all the drama around the NFL this off season (contracts, holdouts, police blotters, etc.) I'm starting to just become apathetic to everything.
As am I, I'm just ready to watch football. I'll even settle for watching training camp stuff right now.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
Deuce
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 117
Default

Doesn't the DEA have better things to do than this?
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #11
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

I applaud this. I bet the whole team is dirty. I was wondering how Phillip Rivers came back so quick from an ACL injury and I bet it was HGH, which accelerates healing, when guys like Palmer and McNabb took much longer to heal. I hope this goes all the way up to AJ Smith.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,433

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Yeah, I guess I should be concerned but I'm not.

I think I just want the season to start already. I'm tired of hearing about all the drama around the NFL this off season (contracts, holdouts, police blotters, etc.) I'm starting to just become apathetic to everything.

Welcome to my world
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #13
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,035

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Hmm, the Padres with a bunch of no names on their pitching staff have the best ERA in baseball? I wonder.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 19,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Doesn't the DEA have better things to do than this?
Someone's having trouble understanding what the "D" in DEA stands for....
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #15
p7superfly
CHAMP IS THE TRUTH.
 
Born bleeding Orange & Blue

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 279

Adopt-a-Bronco:
KNOWSHON
Default

Haaahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Hooooo ...

Haaaaaaahahahahahahaha..

This is great.
p7superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I applaud this. I bet the whole team is dirty. I was wondering how Phillip Rivers came back so quick from an ACL injury and I bet it was HGH, which accelerates healing, when guys like Palmer and McNabb took much longer to heal. I hope this goes all the way up to AJ Smith.
Unicorn sperm - it fixes everything.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #17
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

I bet every NFL franchise is working on the controlled substances record books, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

The growing prescription drug epidemic in the United States has now officially eclipsed the abuse of both heroine and cocaine combined.
http://www.duiattorney.com/news/6020...g-dui-epidemic
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #18
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I bet every NFL franchise is working on the controlled substances record books, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

The growing prescription drug epidemic in the United States has now officially eclipsed the abuse of both heroine and cocaine combined.
http://www.duiattorney.com/news/6020...g-dui-epidemic
When the thing about the Saints came to light a few months ago, people were saying it's going to get very ugly.

I haven't really heard anything about it since then. Cover up? Still being investigated (very quietly)? Or a big stink all over nothing?
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #19
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Hmm, the Padres with a bunch of no names on their pitching staff have the best ERA in baseball? I wonder.
Been saying that all season. They were picked to be bottom of the barrell in the NL West.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #20
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Shabby, not too

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,378
Default

Ellison
Merriman
Castillo
who else am I missing from the Chargers?
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #21
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride
 
For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It would certainly explain the way they've manhandled us in the last four years.

Wait a minute...
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #22
broncofan2438
Faneco this...
 
broncofan2438's Avatar
 
LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 6,299

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER
Default

Book'em
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #23
Deuce
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Someone's having trouble understanding what the "D" in DEA stands for....
Someone's having trouble understanding the concept of priorities... Do they really need to be wasting resources, in southern California of all places, on prescription drug use in professional sports?
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Denver Broncos