The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default for those with showtime...

turn it on soon to see the greatest fighter on the planet beat some ass!
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

One of my friends brother is Josh Thomson, he is fighting tonight.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

greatest in the world get his ass beat more like it. Pathetic!
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
RonDaChamp24
Twitter.com/RonGreco

The Champ is here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Thomas

Can't believe Fedor got submitted. He made a rookie mistake and paid for it.
RonDaChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

GAAAA that was so frustrating to watch. Extremely uncharacteristic of him...he was really aggresive early. He just left that arm in there, NOT a good idea. It was just so weird to see him go after an opponent that early, ya know? Still can't believe it went down like that Fedor's still the best imo, hopefully he comes back with a big win . the untarnished record couldn't last forever I guess.

P.s., showtime's announcers are garbage. And so was that lady ref out there...shoulda stopped THAT fight about 5 minutes before she did. Unimpressed with their presentation in general.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

I can't believe he played that so...dumb. Fedor knows the guy's BJJ credentials and just sticks his arm and head in there so recklessly.
He's clearly still the best in the world, it'd be foolish to think otherwise
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
greatest in the world get his ass beat more like it. Pathetic!
nice post. Really well thought out and stated beautifully. It's as if you spent hours crafting the perfect statement to describe this fight. Have you evr thought about sports commentary? Maybe getting a literary degree? It would be a shame to let talent like this go to waste.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #8
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
nice post. Really well thought out and stated beautifully. It's as if you spent hours crafting the perfect statement to describe this fight. Have you evr thought about sports commentary? Maybe getting a literary degree? It would be a shame to let talent like this go to waste.
Wow...are you related to Fedor or something?
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #9
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

anyway, unfortunate that fedor got caught in such a stupid mistake. he wins that fight 99/100 times, but not this one i guess.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:27 AM   #11
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
anyway, unfortunate that fedor got caught in such a stupid mistake. he wins that fight 99/100 times, but not this one i guess.
A few months, I was telling my friend(who was just getting into UFC) how he should watch this BJ Penn fight because of how talented and tactical he is and how he is one of the top pound for pound fighters that UFC has, along with GSP and Anderson Silva.

That was the Frankie Edgar fight, in which Penn lost by decision. My friend was really less than impressed after I built Penn up like he was going to roll Edgar over and dominate him.

I looked like an ass but things like that happen in MMA, one mistake here and there can cost a fighter the round or even the match.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF View Post
A few months, I was telling my friend(who was just getting into UFC) how he should watch this BJ Penn fight because of how talented and tactical he is and how he is one of the top pound for pound fighters that UFC has, along with GSP and Anderson Silva.

That was the Frankie Edgar fight, in which Penn lost by decision. My friend was really less than impressed after I built Penn up like he was going to roll Edgar over and dominate him.

I looked like an ass but things like that happen in MMA, one mistake here and there can cost a fighter the round or even the match.
pound for pound fedor is better than all 3 of those guys, no question. at the level where you are basically undefeated for so long (til last night), a single loss doesnt remove you from teh top spot. he got caught for a dumb mistake, but until hes "lost it" hes still the best.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #13
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
pound for pound fedor is better than all 3 of those guys, no question. at the level where you are basically undefeated for so long (til last night), a single loss doesnt remove you from teh top spot. he got caught for a dumb mistake, but until hes "lost it" hes still the best.
I'd like to see Fedor come to the UFC, starting fighting with the big boys. He might be the best but Lesnar, Carwin, and Velasquez could all put up a fight or even beat him.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #14
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Wow...are you related to Fedor or something?
No. I'm just a man who thinks that a loser on an Internet message board calling someone who steps into a cage pathetic is pathetic. How this turned on me I don't know. There is nothing pathetic about what happened. That's the beauty of the sport. Cung le lost to the guy that he dominated it just happens.

Calling a guy with one real loss( the other a cut) in his career Pathetic is just stupid.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #15
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #16
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'd like to see Fedor come to the UFC, starting fighting with the big boys. He might be the best but Lesnar, Carwin, and Velasquez could all put up a fight or even beat him.
He's fighting plenty of big boys, just not the ones Dana White hypes up all the time. He's the master of over hyping fighters (hence the embarrassment you had telling your friend that BJ Penn is amazing). There hasn't been an amazing UFC card lately, luckily Carwin finally gets to face Lesnar on July 3rd.

Fedor doesn't want to be owned by Dana White, so he's not gonna be coming over there anytime soon. Why doesn't Brock come over to Strikeforce and fight Fedor Because Dana is a douche and won't let it happen. I'd love to see all 3 of those fights, but I'm content with the ones Fedor currently does, too.
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #17
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
No. I'm just a man who thinks that a loser on an Internet message board calling someone who steps into a cage pathetic is pathetic. How this turned on me I don't know. There is nothing pathetic about what happened. That's the beauty of the sport. Cung le lost to the guy that he dominated it just happens.

Calling a guy with one real loss( the other a cut) in his career Pathetic is just stupid.
x2
Old 06-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #18
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
He's fighting plenty of big boys, just not the ones Dana White hypes up all the time. He's the master of over hyping fighters (hence the embarrassment you had telling your friend that BJ Penn is amazing). There hasn't been an amazing UFC card lately, luckily Carwin finally gets to face Lesnar on July 3rd.

Fedor doesn't want to be owned by Dana White, so he's not gonna be coming over there anytime soon. Why doesn't Brock come over to Strikeforce and fight Fedor Because Dana is a douche and won't let it happen. I'd love to see all 3 of those fights, but I'm content with the ones Fedor currently does, too.
Yeah BJ Penn is terrible because he got screwed via decision and is getting a rematch, in which he will win the belt right back.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #19
FADERPROOF

Quote:

Well I hope you've never said anything bad about an NFL player either.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Fedor is overated! He is a good fighter but the level of competition is weak. He was losing when he beat rogers, losing when he beat arvloski. The only way i will ever agree that he is one of the best pound for pound is if he fights in a first rate organization. That oganization is the ufc. Strikeforce is 2nd rate. Always has been and always will be.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #21
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I see Fedor as very good fighter that hasn't been challenged in awhile and has got lazy due to the level of the competition. I keep thinking that he is 20 pounds overweight that isn't working on judo enough ever time I see him fight.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #22
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway 4 Life View Post
Fedor is overated! He is a good fighter but the level of competition is weak. He was losing when he beat rogers, losing when he beat arvloski. The only way i will ever agree that he is one of the best pound for pound is if he fights in a first rate organization. That oganization is the ufc. Strikeforce is 2nd rate. Always has been and always will be.
wow, that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read about mma. He was unbeaten for ten years, against STELLAR competition in (at that time, imo) Pride, which was a first rate organization in terms of talent... And part of his "routine" is being patient. Yes, he'll take shots, but that's where he finds mistakes in his opponents and dominates.

Just because Dana White's a smart business man, does NOT mean he has a first class organization. Everyone knows that his heavyweights, in regards to the talent around the world, are garbage. Please sell crazy somewhere else.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #23
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Well I hope you've never said anything bad about an NFL player either.
I don't call them pathetic if they get tackled. Also in regards to calling fedor pathetic during his first loss in ten years is like calling a rb pathetic for getting tackled during a 200 yard game. It's just stupid.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #24
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
wow, that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read about mma. He was unbeaten for ten years, against STELLAR competition in (at that time, imo) Pride, which was a first rate organization in terms of talent... And part of his "routine" is being patient. Yes, he'll take shots, but that's where he finds mistakes in his opponents and dominates.

Just because Dana White's a smart business man, does NOT mean he has a first class organization. Everyone knows that his heavyweights, in regards to the talent around the world, are garbage. Please sell crazy somewhere else.
Rep. I don't think people realize that ufc is not consdered top flight by most people in the know. Pride was way better and strikeforce is getting way better. Ufc is like Microsoft. They buy all the competition up and dont improve upon anything. Cung le would kill most ufc fighters IMO.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #25
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Hey freakshow, it was in response to the initial post of the thread. One lame post deserves one in return. Thats the meaning of the post, to mock the intial post moron. Pathetic....absolutely. Wtf fight were you watching. I dont give a rats ass what hes done in the past, its all about what have you done for me lately. Do you think showtime was happy with the fight??
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote