The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default For some reason I have no sympathy for this guy

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...re-bankruptcy\

A series of failed real estate investments and pending lawsuits has forced veteran NFL quarterback Mark Brunell to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, according to a report from WJXT 4 in Jacksonville.

Brunell, who played in Jacksonville for several years, was expected to file in a Jacksonville court today.

"After much deliberation and many years of shouldering an enormous amount of debt resulting from passive real estate investments, it has become clear that this is the only viable course of action," Brunell told the station.

Brunell won his first Super Bowl title as a backup quarterback for the New Orleans Saints last season.

More at the link above.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

He is left handed, ruined a chance for denver to have a threepeat and is not Tim Tebow.

Whats to like?
Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love seeing people with so much money go bankrupt. It honestly makes me feel good inside. These people have a fortune to bring so much to so many people's lives but they'd rather blow it all on an elaborate lifestyle than be smart and plan.

A sensible person could live their life on a million bucks, live lavishly on 2. This guy went through 52 million in less than 20 years! No sympathy as OP said. Maybe someone will notice and not waste their gift by learning from Brunell's lesson.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
briane
Seasoned Veteran

http://www.privatepostmark.com

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I love seeing people with so much money go bankrupt. It honestly makes me feel good inside. These people have a fortune to bring so much to so many people's lives but they'd rather blow it all on an elaborate lifestyle than be smart and plan.

A sensible person could live their life on a million bucks, live lavishly on 2. This guy went through 52 million in less than 20 years! No sympathy as OP said. Maybe someone will notice and not waste their gift by learning from Brunell's lesson.
They wont learn. its been going on for years....Why do you think Charles Barkley is the spokeman for a $2 Taco bell meal....
briane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Ya look at Maurice Clarett he never squandered millions.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I have about 53 million reasons why i dont feel bad for him
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I can extra hate him as I am a WSU Cougar, stupid ****ing Huskies.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I just think it is Karma for 1996.

Rich want to get richer. He went bankrupt but I am sure he did it to protect whatever he still has, who knows that could be a couple mill.

No sympathy.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #9
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I just think it is Karma for 1996.

Rich want to get richer. He went bankrupt but I am sure he did it to protect whatever he still has, who knows that could be a couple mill.

No sympathy.
And there's talk that he's gonna play again this year. Get all this cleared out and live off the mil or two he'll make before retiring.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Frankly, I'm rather shocked that it's Brunell . . . when he was on the Redskins he seemed like such a stand-up guy. Appeared to be very smart and have it all . . . beautiful wife and 4 (I think 4, maybe more) kids.

I don't understand how people like this lose that much money. If it were me, I would put aside $15-20 mil and not touch it. Lock it up in the bank.

Own 2 homes at the most. Live the good life but not the insane life . . .

Crazy.
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #11
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

He probably bought a lot of real estate from 04-07 and got killed when the market tanked. He played in jacksonville, I'd be willing to bet he was involved with condo projects on the east coast of Florida. Literally the worst investment he could have made.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
Meck77

Living beyond ones means is living beyond ones means regardless of how much money one has.

Banks were lending people 103% of property values. Are the people that took that money and different than Brunnel? Just sayin...

Last edited by Meck77; 06-27-2010 at 11:32 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

His real estate investments that he made went bad. He invested his money he didn't go out and buy 30 Rolls Royces, a couple jets, and bling bling. This country is full of people that made real estate investments and got rich doing it. Normally its a pretty good plan to own property.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

My revenge plan worked...I finally got him back
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:

I must be missing something. Where in that article does it indicate that Brunell's chapter 11 has anything to do with him living lavishly? It says he shouldered a lot of debt in passive real estate investments and like a lot of people in this market, he went under when the economy tanked.

What does any of that have to do with elaborate lifestyles, failing to be smart and plan or otherwise bringing about his own destruction? It sounds like he went under because he did plan, not because he didn't. Had he put his money in the bank rather than invested in the market he'd still be solvent...don't get why that makes him a bad guy.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote