The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default Is nothing sacred? Escape from NY remake?

Director Breck Eisner has been keeping very busy since wrapping up The Crazies. The director has his hands in three equally promising upcoming projects, the first of which is his Escape from New York remake.

FearNet sat down with Eisner to talk about the film. He claimed that the film is still in the script phase, but a new writer has signed on to polish a final draft. "The studio is really aggressive in their desire to make this movie so my primary focus is there," said Eisner. "Although I'm working hard on the other projects too, especially Flash Gordon."

Eisner expressed that he wanted to do Flash Gordon right after Escape, but due to Gordon's labor-intensive production time, other projects may take priority. "We've just extended the option and the studio's very committed in trying to make it happen," Eisner continued, "[Flash Gordon]'s really kind of my dream job, but it's multi-year, in terms of writing and designing."

In the meantime, Eisner may be taking on another film, an adaptation of Mark Wheatley's Blood of the Innocent. But until that time, Escape from New York takes the center stage.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1101130p1.html

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Of course nothing is. I'm surprised it took news of an Escape From NY remake to make you think this when the Karate Kid is currently playing in theaters.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,578

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

A new Freddy Krueger was blasphemous, enough. I'm just glad the movie bombed. They should be ashamed of themselves...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I'd be ok with a Flash Gordon re-re-make since the last one sucked.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Of course nothing is. I'm surprised it took news of an Escape From NY remake to make you think this when the Karate Kid is currently playing in theaters.

Just a general disbelief. I heard a rumor they want to redo Goonies...if they do that, I will kill a clown midget. I swear to Christ.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Just a general disbelief. I heard a rumor they want to redo Goonies...if they do that, I will kill a clown midget. I swear to Christ.


Theyve been discussing this for eons. Even with bringing the old cast back for it...i bet it gets done at some point, but no time soon. I loved that movie as a kid, but i dont believe its held up over time unfortunately.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
A new Freddy Krueger was blasphemous, enough. I'm just glad the movie bombed. They should be ashamed of themselves...
it made 63 million dollars on a 35 million dollar budget. I'd take that bomb anyday
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
bronco_diesel
giddy-up
 
bronco_diesel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: denver
Posts: 1,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'd be ok with a Flash Gordon re-re-make since the last one sucked.
I think a Flash Gordon remake would be great, especially with today's standard for special effects.

I also wouldn't mind seeing remake of Escape from NY. Ideally, Christopher Nolan would direct it.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Have they ever made a good 6 million dollar man movie? seems like that would have been done. Maybe I missed it and it was really bad lol!!.

I thought Karate kid was decently made, but I never cared for the characters like the first one. They fail to realize Karate Kid as huge because everyone fell in love with Mr Miagi and Danilasons great father son relationship and bond.

In the new Karate kid I didn't even get teary eyed when they reveal how the wife and kid die etc etc. Remember first karate kid how moving the scene was were Daniel finds out what happened in the war? In new movie its like who cares.

Remakes just fail to capture the emotion and thats why they never are as good.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Have they ever made a good 6 million dollar man movie? seems like that would have been done. Maybe I missed it and it was really bad lol!!.

I thought Karate kid was decently made, but I never cared for the characters like the first one. They fail to realize Karate Kid as huge because everyone fell in love with Mr Miagi and Danilasons great father son relationship and bond.

In the new Karate kid I didn't even get teary eyed when they reveal how the wife and kid die etc etc. Remember first karate kid how moving the scene was were Daniel finds out what happened in the war? In new movie its like who cares.

Remakes just fail to capture the emotion and thats why they never are as good.
Well, while it wasn't as good, the reason why it captures no emotion is because you know its coming and youre naturally comparing
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Well, while it wasn't as good, the reason why it captures no emotion is because you know its coming and youre naturally comparing
Good point. But the person who saw it with me had never seen first one and she didn't get moved either!!! So that tells me right there it didn't work as well. Jackie Chan obviously not in same league with Pat Morita when it comes to overall acting ability. Fight scene wise the movie was great though. Also I thought Will Smith's kid did a good job. He's probably better then Ralph Machio in many ways. Especially athletically.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Who will be the new Snake Plissken?
Attached Images
 
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Who will be the new Snake Plissken?
Or the weird guy who played the Duke Of New York's Lackey. With the weird hair. They need to get a real Transvestite IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Or the weird guy who played the Duke Of New York's Lackey. With the weird hair. They need to get a real Transvestite IMO.
Wonder if Bobo is available.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Good point. But the person who saw it with me had never seen first one and she didn't get moved either!!! So that tells me right there it didn't work as well. Jackie Chan obviously not in same league with Pat Morita when it comes to overall acting ability. Fight scene wise the movie was great though. Also I thought Will Smith's kid did a good job. He's probably better then Ralph Machio in many ways. Especially athletically.
Will Smith's kid was better at karate for sure, but i found his performance annoying. One thing i liked about the first (and it protected itself in this way) was that Daniel didnt know a lot of karate, but what he did know, he did well. In the new one, the guy is like bruce lee in 3 months.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

Hey Dungeon Masters,

Since when did they make a flash gordon movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw7VgKRxgS8&NR=1
...can't miss the end!
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Wonder if Bobo is available.
I'm sure he is wide open.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,976

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Movie industry ran out of ideas a while ago. Why do you think they've been taking every popular 80's TV and Movie and remaking it. It's pathetic, but oh well.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Movie industry ran out of ideas a while ago. Why do you think they've been taking every popular 80's TV and Movie and remaking it. It's pathetic, but oh well.
Its not nearly that simple. There are plenty of ideas out there, the paradigm just shifted and fell into this current BS. But unfortunately, the BS makes money. But there are long long long articles written on this subject.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #20
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

I'm ok with it, but if they ever decide to remake Roadhouse, I'll flip out!!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Its not nearly that simple. There are plenty of ideas out there, the paradigm just shifted and fell into this current BS. But unfortunately, the BS makes money. But there are long long long articles written on this subject.
I have read a lot of those articles. The studios want something they can bank on so they are locked in a remake/sequel/old TV show mode. Like it or not people are invested in an old TV show and will be more likely to go or rent it just like they would pause to see a car accident.

The trend I don't like is when they base a fight around a whole movie hoping for a sequel before they tell the real story.

I got the Vampires assistant and Legion from the library and all those 2 movies tried to do was set up for a franchise rather than tell a story or develop characters.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Will Smith's kid was better at karate for sure, but i found his performance annoying. One thing i liked about the first (and it protected itself in this way) was that Daniel didnt know a lot of karate, but what he did know, he did well. In the new one, the guy is like bruce lee in 3 months.
Yep I just didn't care about this kids life. They didn't do a good job with the bad guys crew either. Didn't know much about them, had no good one liners like in the first one. Everyone remembers SEND HIM HOME IN A BODY BAG!!!! etc etc.

Oh and here is one question. How did I miss whether or not the girl got into the school she auditioned for? I don't remember leaving but also don't remember the moving showing that. Then just like that girls dad is down there cheering him on over a kid who has been friends with his family etc etc. The Karate Kid never did enough to get that from them. He should have had some big event that won them over, not just running really far to see an audition and making a speech etc etc.

Just sort of a poorly written story with characters there was no reason to care about. First rule of movie making if make them love the hero and hate the bad guy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Wait, didn't they already remake this?

Side note: My remake idea continues to be Hogan's Heros. That could be awesome if done right.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,888

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yep I just didn't care about this kids life. They didn't do a good job with the bad guys crew either. Didn't know much about them, had no good one liners like in the first one. Everyone remembers SEND HIM HOME IN A BODY BAG!!!! etc etc.

Oh and here is one question. How did I miss whether or not the girl got into the school she auditioned for? I don't remember leaving but also don't remember the moving showing that. Then just like that girls dad is down there cheering him on over a kid who has been friends with his family etc etc. The Karate Kid never did enough to get that from them. He should have had some big event that won them over, not just running really far to see an audition and making a speech etc etc.

Just sort of a poorly written story with characters there was no reason to care about. First rule of movie making if make them love the hero and hate the bad guy.

The speech to the father scene was horrendous. That equated the scene from the original when Elisabeth Shue's friend said "oh you didnt stick around for the exciting conclusion" and daniel responded, "what was that? his hand on her ass?"
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Who will be the new Snake Plissken?
i give my vote to Christian Kane.

he plays a complete badass on the show Leverage. watch the show and you can get an idea of what i am talking about, i think he could easily play Snake.



although no one measures up to Kurt Russel
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Denver Broncos