The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default Is nothing sacred? Escape from NY remake?

Director Breck Eisner has been keeping very busy since wrapping up The Crazies. The director has his hands in three equally promising upcoming projects, the first of which is his Escape from New York remake.

FearNet sat down with Eisner to talk about the film. He claimed that the film is still in the script phase, but a new writer has signed on to polish a final draft. "The studio is really aggressive in their desire to make this movie so my primary focus is there," said Eisner. "Although I'm working hard on the other projects too, especially Flash Gordon."

Eisner expressed that he wanted to do Flash Gordon right after Escape, but due to Gordon's labor-intensive production time, other projects may take priority. "We've just extended the option and the studio's very committed in trying to make it happen," Eisner continued, "[Flash Gordon]'s really kind of my dream job, but it's multi-year, in terms of writing and designing."

In the meantime, Eisner may be taking on another film, an adaptation of Mark Wheatley's Blood of the Innocent. But until that time, Escape from New York takes the center stage.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1101130p1.html

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Of course nothing is. I'm surprised it took news of an Escape From NY remake to make you think this when the Karate Kid is currently playing in theaters.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

A new Freddy Krueger was blasphemous, enough. I'm just glad the movie bombed. They should be ashamed of themselves...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'd be ok with a Flash Gordon re-re-make since the last one sucked.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Of course nothing is. I'm surprised it took news of an Escape From NY remake to make you think this when the Karate Kid is currently playing in theaters.

Just a general disbelief. I heard a rumor they want to redo Goonies...if they do that, I will kill a clown midget. I swear to Christ.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Just a general disbelief. I heard a rumor they want to redo Goonies...if they do that, I will kill a clown midget. I swear to Christ.

Theyve been discussing this for eons. Even with bringing the old cast back for it...i bet it gets done at some point, but no time soon. I loved that movie as a kid, but i dont believe its held up over time unfortunately.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
A new Freddy Krueger was blasphemous, enough. I'm just glad the movie bombed. They should be ashamed of themselves...
it made 63 million dollars on a 35 million dollar budget. I'd take that bomb anyday
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'd be ok with a Flash Gordon re-re-make since the last one sucked.
I think a Flash Gordon remake would be great, especially with today's standard for special effects.

I also wouldn't mind seeing remake of Escape from NY. Ideally, Christopher Nolan would direct it.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Have they ever made a good 6 million dollar man movie? seems like that would have been done. Maybe I missed it and it was really bad lol!!.

I thought Karate kid was decently made, but I never cared for the characters like the first one. They fail to realize Karate Kid as huge because everyone fell in love with Mr Miagi and Danilasons great father son relationship and bond.

In the new Karate kid I didn't even get teary eyed when they reveal how the wife and kid die etc etc. Remember first karate kid how moving the scene was were Daniel finds out what happened in the war? In new movie its like who cares.

Remakes just fail to capture the emotion and thats why they never are as good.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Have they ever made a good 6 million dollar man movie? seems like that would have been done. Maybe I missed it and it was really bad lol!!.

I thought Karate kid was decently made, but I never cared for the characters like the first one. They fail to realize Karate Kid as huge because everyone fell in love with Mr Miagi and Danilasons great father son relationship and bond.

In the new Karate kid I didn't even get teary eyed when they reveal how the wife and kid die etc etc. Remember first karate kid how moving the scene was were Daniel finds out what happened in the war? In new movie its like who cares.

Remakes just fail to capture the emotion and thats why they never are as good.
Well, while it wasn't as good, the reason why it captures no emotion is because you know its coming and youre naturally comparing
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Well, while it wasn't as good, the reason why it captures no emotion is because you know its coming and youre naturally comparing
Good point. But the person who saw it with me had never seen first one and she didn't get moved either!!! So that tells me right there it didn't work as well. Jackie Chan obviously not in same league with Pat Morita when it comes to overall acting ability. Fight scene wise the movie was great though. Also I thought Will Smith's kid did a good job. He's probably better then Ralph Machio in many ways. Especially athletically.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Who will be the new Snake Plissken?
Attached Images

cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Or the weird guy who played the Duke Of New York's Lackey. With the weird hair. They need to get a real Transvestite IMO.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Or the weird guy who played the Duke Of New York's Lackey. With the weird hair. They need to get a real Transvestite IMO.
Wonder if Bobo is available.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Good point. But the person who saw it with me had never seen first one and she didn't get moved either!!! So that tells me right there it didn't work as well. Jackie Chan obviously not in same league with Pat Morita when it comes to overall acting ability. Fight scene wise the movie was great though. Also I thought Will Smith's kid did a good job. He's probably better then Ralph Machio in many ways. Especially athletically.
Will Smith's kid was better at karate for sure, but i found his performance annoying. One thing i liked about the first (and it protected itself in this way) was that Daniel didnt know a lot of karate, but what he did know, he did well. In the new one, the guy is like bruce lee in 3 months.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Hey Dungeon Masters,

Since when did they make a flash gordon movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw7VgKRxgS8&NR=1
...can't miss the end!
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Wonder if Bobo is available.
I'm sure he is wide open.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Movie industry ran out of ideas a while ago. Why do you think they've been taking every popular 80's TV and Movie and remaking it. It's pathetic, but oh well.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Movie industry ran out of ideas a while ago. Why do you think they've been taking every popular 80's TV and Movie and remaking it. It's pathetic, but oh well.
Its not nearly that simple. There are plenty of ideas out there, the paradigm just shifted and fell into this current BS. But unfortunately, the BS makes money. But there are long long long articles written on this subject.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #20
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I'm ok with it, but if they ever decide to remake Roadhouse, I'll flip out!!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Its not nearly that simple. There are plenty of ideas out there, the paradigm just shifted and fell into this current BS. But unfortunately, the BS makes money. But there are long long long articles written on this subject.
I have read a lot of those articles. The studios want something they can bank on so they are locked in a remake/sequel/old TV show mode. Like it or not people are invested in an old TV show and will be more likely to go or rent it just like they would pause to see a car accident.

The trend I don't like is when they base a fight around a whole movie hoping for a sequel before they tell the real story.

I got the Vampires assistant and Legion from the library and all those 2 movies tried to do was set up for a franchise rather than tell a story or develop characters.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Will Smith's kid was better at karate for sure, but i found his performance annoying. One thing i liked about the first (and it protected itself in this way) was that Daniel didnt know a lot of karate, but what he did know, he did well. In the new one, the guy is like bruce lee in 3 months.
Yep I just didn't care about this kids life. They didn't do a good job with the bad guys crew either. Didn't know much about them, had no good one liners like in the first one. Everyone remembers SEND HIM HOME IN A BODY BAG!!!! etc etc.

Oh and here is one question. How did I miss whether or not the girl got into the school she auditioned for? I don't remember leaving but also don't remember the moving showing that. Then just like that girls dad is down there cheering him on over a kid who has been friends with his family etc etc. The Karate Kid never did enough to get that from them. He should have had some big event that won them over, not just running really far to see an audition and making a speech etc etc.

Just sort of a poorly written story with characters there was no reason to care about. First rule of movie making if make them love the hero and hate the bad guy.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Wait, didn't they already remake this?

Side note: My remake idea continues to be Hogan's Heros. That could be awesome if done right.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yep I just didn't care about this kids life. They didn't do a good job with the bad guys crew either. Didn't know much about them, had no good one liners like in the first one. Everyone remembers SEND HIM HOME IN A BODY BAG!!!! etc etc.

Oh and here is one question. How did I miss whether or not the girl got into the school she auditioned for? I don't remember leaving but also don't remember the moving showing that. Then just like that girls dad is down there cheering him on over a kid who has been friends with his family etc etc. The Karate Kid never did enough to get that from them. He should have had some big event that won them over, not just running really far to see an audition and making a speech etc etc.

Just sort of a poorly written story with characters there was no reason to care about. First rule of movie making if make them love the hero and hate the bad guy.

The speech to the father scene was horrendous. That equated the scene from the original when Elisabeth Shue's friend said "oh you didnt stick around for the exciting conclusion" and daniel responded, "what was that? his hand on her ass?"
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
i give my vote to Christian Kane.

he plays a complete badass on the show Leverage. watch the show and you can get an idea of what i am talking about, i think he could easily play Snake.

although no one measures up to Kurt Russel
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote