The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Default NFL supplemental draft

Three eligible for NFL supplemental draft

Posted June 17, 2010 @ 4:48 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

The NFL has announced the names of three players eligible for the 2010 supplemental draft:

Northwestern State (La.) RB Quinton Castille
Brigham Young RB Harvey Unga
Truman State (Mo.) H-back Vanness Emokpae.

Castille (6-1 3/8, 250, 4.79 in the 40) totaled 349 yards on 107 carries (3.3-yard average) with one touchdown for the I-AA Demons in 2009. He would have been a senior this fall. He began his collegiate career at Nebraska, where he gained 810 yards and 10 touchdowns in two seasons while sharing carries with Marlon Lucky and Roy Helu. Castille rushed for 125 yards against Clemson in the '09 Gator Bowl but was dismissed the following August for a violation of team rules. He did, however, receive a positive recommendation from Huskers head coach Bo Pelini, who had a pre-existing relationship with Northwestern State head coach Bradley Dale Peveto dating back to their days on the LSU coaching staff.

A hard-charging, one-back type with a history of nicks and bruises, Unga (6-0 3/4, 245, 4.65 est.) withdrew from BYU in April following a violation of the school's honor code, speculated to be premarital sex (Unga's girlfriend also withdrew from the school). He rushed for 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons with the Cougars, including 1,087 yards on 208 carries (5.2) with 11 touchdowns in 2009. He lost 15 pounds during a bout with swine flu in the summer and then pulled a hamstring late in fall camp, contributing to a slow start. Unga also had 102 career receptions.

Emokpae (5-11e, 240e, 4.8 est.), having already graduated from Truman State, opted to enter the supplemental draft rather than go through his senior season under a new coaching staff. Listed as a receiver for the D-II Bulldogs, Emokpae led the team in receiving (365 yards) and rushing (524 yards) last fall after having torn his ACL and MCL in the first game of the '08 season. He also has some experience returning kicks and did some punting as a freshman. Emokpae was an All-State high-jumper as a Texas prep and helped put himself on the radar by showing off his leaping ability for scouts in the spring.

Teams are allowed to test the players and administer physicals prior to the supplemental draft, which is scheduled for Thursday, July 15. In the event a team makes a selection next month, it would forfeit the corresponding selection in next April's draft.

Former Kentucky DL Jeremy Jarmon (taken in the third round by the Redskins) was the only player selected in last year's supplemental draft. Notable supplemental selections include Cris Carter (Eagles, 87), Bernie Kosar (Browns, 85) and Jamal Williams (Chargers, 98).

Any interest from any of you?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
three eligible for nfl supplemental draft

posted june 17, 2010 @ 4:48 p.m. Et
by pfw staff

the nfl has announced the names of three players eligible for the 2010 supplemental draft:

Brigham young rb harvey unga

a hard-charging, one-back type with a history of nicks and bruises, unga (6-0 3/4, 245, 4.65 est.) withdrew from byu in april following a violation of the school's honor code, speculated to be premarital sex (unga's girlfriend also withdrew from the school). He rushed for 1,000 yards in each of his first three seasons with the cougars, including 1,087 yards on 208 carries (5.2) with 11 touchdowns in 2009. He lost 15 pounds during a bout with swine flu in the summer and then pulled a hamstring late in fall camp, contributing to a slow start. Unga also had 102 career receptions.

Any interest from any of you?
WTF would anyone go there?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Move along, people..
Nothing to see here. :wink:
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
The Mormon chicks here are hot... He probably got himself a nice piece of white meat.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
If they're mormon of course. They offered me a journalism scolarship way back in the day...and I was NOT a mormon...always thought it was odd. I wasn't ready for the culture shock of that as an 18 yo college kid so I turned it down.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
If they're mormon of course. They offered me a journalism scolarship way back in the day...and I was NOT a mormon...always thought it was odd. I wasn't ready for the culture shock of that as an 18 yo college kid so I turned it down.
You might not a drank a bunch but you would of got laid a lot. Most kids like to get drunk and screw chicks in college. At BYU you can throw the booze out of the equation and all you have to worry about is getting laid. You will never get those chicks to take a sip of beer but they can't help but to get down.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote