The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Default Boycott Madden 11

Just read a blog on EA that they have no plans on fixing online franchise this year, claiming it will take them more than a year to overhaul the franchise.

Rumor has it they are not going to get the exclusive NFL rights after this year and are withholding all new features until 2012 to boost sales.

I'm done with them. I can play NCAA 11 this year and watch as another game takes over the top football spot. Or....

We boycott Madden 11 and show them that they are not allowed to be lazy anymore or they WILL lose money.

Are we capable of resisting Madden for 1 year guys? Lets hear what you all think.

Here is the blog that shows their lack of commitment to this years Franchise modes (both off and online).

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...atureAndUpdate
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

See this is a thread I can endorse. Personally I'm not going to boycott, because even with its glitches I find it fun to play online. I'm generally not a guy who complains about the game. Any bugs or whatever are just part of the game, and I move on.

With that said, nothing bugs me more than the kids who buy the game and then proceed to b**** and moan about how much it sucks. They lay down their hard earned money for a game they absolutely detest. That totally boggles my mind. If you hate it so much, don't buy it. Simple.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I've boycotted it since they got the exclusive license.

I hope they lose it.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The last time I played Madden Shanahan was calling the plays and Cutler was good enough to go to the Pro Bowl. Now all I play is NCAA. I like the Dynasty mode more than signing free agents.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

I haven't played madden in years.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #6
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

I play Madden...but it gets to a point where I just can't stand the online cheeser players and the constant gameplay issues.

I still don't see them losing the NFL rights.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

How is NCAA Football? Recruiting hard because the last one I played it was ridiculous
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Imo NFL2K5 was the most challanging single player football game ever. I bet Madden is more fun online which I don't do but, single player its no fun at all I play it once and no more I tried 05 09 just to see changes still never played it more then once I'll never waste my money again.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 06-19-2010 at 03:15 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
I play Madden...but it gets to a point where I just can't stand the online cheeser players and the constant gameplay issues.

I will agree with you on the online cheesers. That's why whenever I play online I always closely look at the record of the guy I'm playing and the team he uses. You can usually tell. If they have an obscenely good record, chances are they cheat. I mean, I know some people are just real good, but if there's a record of like 20-0 or 45-2 or something, 99% of the time they abuse the system. The other tip last year was using a mobile QB (Philly was great for this) and a good/great RB, because you have roll out of the pocket and make the defense shift and then go opposite field.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Last Madden I bought was 2009. Before that, Madden 2002 for the PS2. I realied when I was making money and had other costs (rent, food, utilities, carpayment)...dropping $60 a year for an updated roster seemed silly.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Imo NFL2K5 was the most challanging single player football game ever. I bet Madden is more fun online which I don't do but, single player its no fun at all I play it once and no more I tried 05 09 just to see changes still never played it more then once I'll never waste my money again.
No football game has ever really been that challenging once you get the hang of it.
NFL2k5 was not that great of a game people make it out to be. Was it good? Yes, but my goodness it still had its own set of faults.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #12
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post

They aren't losing NFL rights, they are losing EXCLUSIVE NFL rights
Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
We boycott Madden 11 and show them that they are not allowed to be lazy anymore or they WILL lose money.
They've been lazy for years. It's the same game year in and year out, yet people still get eat that **** up.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #14
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I'm down with this.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
Rich Karlis
liquored up kicker

Ill be picking Madden 11 up on August 10th. I never really understood the hatred that EA gets for this game. Its the NFL and its fun to play online and offline with friends. I cant wait for it to become non-exclusive so all these 2K fanboys can stop b****ing.

What happens when there is a NFL 2K12 and it sucks just like all the other garbage 2K puts out? I bought NBA 2K10 and it was literally not playable online. Every single time I tried to play the team play online with a group of friends online it crashed out.
Rich Karlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
Rich Karlis
liquored up kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I will agree with you on the online cheesers. That's why whenever I play online I always closely look at the record of the guy I'm playing and the team he uses. You can usually tell. If they have an obscenely good record, chances are they cheat. I mean, I know some people are just real good, but if there's a record of like 20-0 or 45-2 or something, 99% of the time they abuse the system. The other tip last year was using a mobile QB (Philly was great for this) and a good/great RB, because you have roll out of the pocket and make the defense shift and then go opposite field.

There wont be any cheesing online in NFL 2K12 because 2K sports has figured this problem out already. Simple, there online modes wont work like the rest of their games.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Karlis View Post
Ill be picking Madden 11 up on August 10th. I never really understood the hatred that EA gets for this game. Its the NFL and its fun to play online and offline with friends. I cant wait for it to become non-exclusive so all these 2K fanboys can stop b****ing.

What happens when there is a NFL 2K12 and it sucks just like all the other garbage 2K puts out? I bought NBA 2K10 and it was literally not playable online. Every single time I tried to play the team play online with a group of friends online it crashed out.
Hey, I've owned Madden the last 3 years, I'm angry because they seem to have time to put in a stupid 3v3 online mode but can't fix online franchise (the most popular new feature from last year). No one is saying NFL2K is awesome, we only agree that competition is healthy. You not buying Madden sends a message to EA to stop releasing the same damn thing each year.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #18
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

madden is a sick joke, it used to be soooo **** it nevermind...
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #19
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

My gripe with EA is that they had functions in PS2 version and Head Coach that should already been in the game. Add in non-working IR, ****ed up injuries and it's easy to piss off the buyer. Instead of fixing the things they add **** like ultimate team or some stupid play calling system that adds no depth to gameplay.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #20
Jerry Curl
Seasoned Veteran

I love NCAA and it's one of my favorite games ever, although last years I was disappointed by. That being said, last years Madden ruled imo. I don't really play online a lot besides my franchise with friends so I know it will be legit so that doesn't bug me. And I love me some 2k sports games (nba/mlb) but their football games weren't close ot madden imo.
Jerry Curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #21
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Karlis View Post

Look, it's all fine to have an opinion on which version of a game you prefer. I can easily show you that NBA2K10 averages an 85 on metacritic, while NBALIVE 2010 averages an 81. That argument can go in circles for decades. What is important to note is that there can actually be a discussion of which game is better, one game will also sell better, hopefully on the merit of it's quality. What is there to compare madden to? Nothing, the last time there was a comparison was 2K5, and that was the first time anyone had ever made a game that even compared to Madden. So instead of upping their game and producing the best product, they bought their way out of the competition.

I don't care which game anyone prefers, that was some bull**** and I won't support it.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
Rich Karlis
liquored up kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Hey, I've owned Madden the last 3 years, I'm angry because they seem to have time to put in a stupid 3v3 online mode but can't fix online franchise (the most popular new feature from last year). No one is saying NFL2K is awesome, we only agree that competition is healthy. You not buying Madden sends a message to EA to stop releasing the same damn thing each year.
Whatttt? A couple thousand people not buying Madden 11 has zero effect on what EA will do in Madden 12. 6 million copies sold by September last year so good luck on your boycott
Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #23
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

I can only imagine how good a 2k football game would be today without this long break because of the stupid license.

The jump from 2k3 to 2k5 was unbelievable. Those guys actually worked at improving their game. Unlike EA.

Madden is fun... but it's been the same freaking game since 2002!
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #24
Drek
Ring of Famer

EA's contract with the NFL runs through the 2012 season, so the theory that they're holding back features and upgrades for a more competitive environment only holds weight if you feel that:

1. American Needle vs. the National Football League will prevail against appeal.

2. That said ruling will extend beyond just apparel.

3. That expansion of that ruling will occur in less than a calendar year.

4. That the NFL feels some other competitor makes a worthwhile offer for its license.

5. That said competitor can then get a game out within whatever time window is left after all the above four are achieved.

In other words, your theory about them holding back features is bull****.

EA is going to be the only game in town for NFL football video games come 2012 as well. Maybe in 2013 you'll see something different, since the EA/NFL deal will be expired and the NFL might go back to its old system to avoid further scrutiny.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #25
GreeleyGrizzley
Rookie

You know, for me, it's not only the game play but it's the little things that bring it all together.

The crowd in Madden, for example, is the same seven people scattered throughout the stands, jumping up and down at the same time. It's the pathetic halftime experience. What's up with the stupid shield and all 32 logos flashing by in the background? And some of the half's best highlights are left out. Too lazy to actually put together a decent unique halftime production?! Let's do some kick-ass opening game intros with fireworks, fly overs, the national anthem and how about some freakin' cheerleaders!

Bring back the competition. That will force EA and their competitors to step their game up!
GreeleyGrizzley is offline   Reply With Quote