The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default Team impressed with Tebow's work ethic

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ows-work-ethic

Quote:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It’s 30 minutes after the Denver Broncos completed a June minicamp practice on a warm day in the Rockies.

Future Hall of Famer and team leader Champ Bailey is relaxing near the entrance to the team’s locker room, about to enjoy the air conditioning and a post-practice meal.

Bailey suddenly points to a figure on a distant field. A solitary player remains at work.

It’s Tim Tebow.

“See that?” Bailey asks. “That’s Tebow. It’s long after practice and he’s still out there. That’s what he does. That’s not for show. He’s not just doing that because the media is here today. He does that every day.”

That’s why Bailey, one of the best left cornerbacks of this era and someone whose opinion on quarterbacks matters, is putting his bet on Tebow.

When Denver shocked the NFL world by trading three picks to take Tebow at No. 25 overall, the former Florida quarterback became one of the stories of the draft. He was already a polarizing figure before he was picked. Some NFL scouts and teams believed that Tebow’s athleticism, work ethic and desire would translate into NFL success. Other teams, worried about his awkward mechanics and arm strength, didn’t rate him high.

Now that Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has staked his reputation as a quarterback guru and his future as Denver’s head coach on Tebow, the buzz has exploded. It’s just not in the media and on fan boards. It’s in the Broncos’ locker room.

“We’re all interested in it,” Bailey says. “He has the team behind him. We heard so much about Tebow before he got here and he’s a big story. But everything he has shown shows that he can succeed. The guy just works at his job so much.”

Several hours later, Tebow, who has routinely leads the charge in team sprints during practice, emerges from the extra field work and the classroom. His eyes light up when Tebow is told of the high praise coming from his high-profile teammate.

“That’s what I want,” Tebow says. “It means so much that my teammates believe in me and know that I’m working hard. That’s why I’m here.”

It’s important that Tebow is committed to hard work. He has to keep plowing if he is going to make an impact anytime soon. Tebow struggled some in minicamp, where he has misfired several times and thrown interceptions. Yet, he bounced back Saturday from a poor showing Friday. Basically, Tebow looks like what he is: a rookie quarterback. He's up and down.

He is the No. 3 quarterback on the roster behind starter Kyle Orton and backup Brady Quinn. McDaniels said Tebow has to make strides during the summer. “Nothing is going to be given to him,” McDaniels said. “He has to keep coming along.”

Still, the Broncos believe Tebow will be on the fast track.

McDaniels lauds Tebow’s study habits and his eagerness to learn. The coach said the key for Tebow this summer will be to find a way to translate what he is digesting in the classroom and make the correct adjustments on the field.

“That’s what’s he’s learning now,” McDaniels said. “That’s not easy. Just because you know it in the classroom, it doesn’t mean you can do it on the field. That’s the process he’s going through now.”

“You have to train your brain to make it click on the field," Tebow said. "It’s going fast and I have to make those adjustments.”

Tebow is relishing the lack of restrictions that comes with being an NFL quarterback. Because he has graduated from school, he can spend all the time he needs studying and learning at the facility.

“It’s 24 hours football,” Tebow said. “I love it. This is how I’m going to spend my summer.”

Known for his intensity and strong will, Tebow strives for success because he knows the football world is watching. He says he wants to succeed for his family and his new coaches. “Coach McDaniels picked me," he said. "This isn’t like college where I could have gone anywhere. They took a chance on me. I want to succeed for the Broncos.”

But Tebow also admits he’s driven because of the fear of failure.

“I have that in me,” Tebow said. "The SEC championship loss to Alabama [last December] drives me. That’s with me, more than the national championships or other big wins. The failures stick with you. I don’t want that feeling. Nobody likes that feeling.”

There’s no doubt Tebow is fierce competitor solely focused on making good. Will it work in Denver? His on-the-field work shows he is a rookie quarterback with a lot to learn. His dedication as a professional shows that Tebow is as advertised.

“I’m impressed,” Bailey said. “I like what I see so far.”
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Yea another Tebow thread
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

What do you expect? MSM is all Tebow, all the time- and things are gonna be like this for the rest of the summer.

You may as well just get used to it and expect it.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

We should rename the team from Denver Broncos to Tebow and the Awkward Turtles
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Yea another Tebow thread
yes, but this is all new news. I mean, if you havent seen a Tebow work ethic thread yet, this is the one to get the news first.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

But I want to know what his Madden rating is!

FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Yea another Tebow thread
So what? Should we be expecting an oubronco cry me a river thread sometime? It's ok if you want to start a bunch of threads sniveling about something, ou.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

What has become obvious to me is what a colossal frrk up jacksonville made in not drafting Tebow. Cost a struggling franchise millions
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What has become obvious to me is what a colossal frrk up jacksonville made in not drafting Tebow. Cost a struggling franchise millions
absolutely. he likely woulda been a colossal bust in jacksonville just because he needs a different level of coaching that i dont think a lot of teams can provide in the NFL (like peterking said in response to mcdaniels needing tebow to succeed to keep his job: tebow more than likely needs mcdaniels to succeed), but this coulda saved a struggling franchise, instead they reached big time on a DL
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
You are right..First game of the season will be fun and i will be there supporting Broncos.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Agreed.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Agreed.
hey Cito congrats on hitting ten grand.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

its not all players either btw, but when this guy thinks being a top 5 paid player at his position is not enough for him to even cooperate with the team, or when michael crabtree thinks hes too good to stick with the slotting system, theres an issue with the person.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Tebow winning the hearts and minds of the people.

The guy outworks the hardest workers. How can you not like him?
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If Tebow wants to win as much as we want the Broncos to win then we will all love him. It's that simple really. Even if we have to put up with he was never worth a first round pick etc etc. I for one find it refreshing the kid seems to bleed orange blood so quickly. Football is 10% talent and 90% heart so I think he has a decent shot to be a good starting QB.

Who knows maybe he ends up some killer bkup QB that has special packages in the wildhorse and short yardage. As long as he plays hard I think he will do well.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
So what? Should we be expecting an oubronco cry me a river thread sometime? It's ok if you want to start a bunch of threads sniveling about something, ou.
who the **** is crying? it isn't like we don't have 1,000 Tebow threads and he hasn't even takin a fuggin snap in a game so come back when he's actually fuggin done something beotch
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
who the **** is crying? it isn't like we don't have 1,000 Tebow threads and he hasn't even takin a fuggin snap in a game so come back when he's actually fuggin done something beotch
What adds more to the board.

A- Oubronco being upset about another Tebow thread and stating that fact in a thread about Tebow.

B- Oubronco adding a new thread, and a different subject, and then seeing where it goes.

Answer that....think about.........then stop being such an a-hole all the time.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Whole thing sounds great... I hope the hard work translates to results.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
But I want to know what his Madden rating is!

He'll have like 95 speed and 70 strength with 90 awareness and throwing at 60! typical madden mess that you but in and he has 1-2 money plays.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #20
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
It is the off season, so...
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #21
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

The only thing I took from that article was just the hope that we somehow retain Champ Bailey.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #22
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

They are so impressed with his work ethic that they are making him 3rd string inactive QB! Keep fillin' up those watercoolers Timmy!
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #23
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Now we have an excuse for the late season collapse. It will be Tebow's work ethic wore out all the players.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #24
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

"I want to succeed for the Broncos."
Pseudofool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Now we have an excuse for the late season collapse. It will be Tebow's work ethic wore out all the players.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote