The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default And that is why we play sports with our hands in this country!

Thank you Mr. Green!
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

If we continues to play until the tie was broken, that game could have lasted until Sunday night. Also, why in USA we have sports that dont end in a tie and time clocks that go down to zero not the other way around. But, even though soccer pretty much puts me to sleep, I watched the last 20 minutes. I guess we are happy for a tie. YEAH!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
If we continues to play until the tie was broken, that game could have lasted until Sunday night. Also, why in USA we have sports that dont end in a tie and time clocks that go down to zero not the other way around. But, even though soccer pretty much puts me to sleep, I watched the last 20 minutes. I guess we are happy for a tie. YEAH!
My high school team only won a single game and the last 1/3 of that game, we played kickball essentially. Over the fence, in the stand, wherever it was going, we kicked it as hard as we could to burn clock.

That was the same feeling I got today. US lucked into a goal and were holding on for dear life to maintain the tie. It held though which is much better than a loss.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I try to watch soccer but it's just to painful.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Only a fool does it with volume on or as the main source of entertainment. Soccer muted while surfing the Mane? Perfect.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Horrible mistake but he did save England more embarrasment with an outstanding point blank save from Altidore.
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Even muted is tough man, I get the love for the sport just not for me.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Only a fool does it with volume on or as the main source of entertainment. Soccer muted while surfing the Mane? Perfect.
good god! Who could put up with those f ing horns. If you dropped just 100 Americans that have never been to a game and one of those annoying mother ****ers was blowing that horn for 95 minutes, I guarantee you there would be 50 fist fights and 30 guys walking out and the other 20 hanging out at the bar/concession stand.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Is there is anything in the sporting world lamer than an international spectacle that last 90 minutes and ends in a 1 - 1 tie, I cant think of what it is.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

I found it to be quite intense and enjoyable. And it didn't have the worst thing about American sports: commercials.

And BTW South Africa; any country that thinks those f-ing horns are cool, and has a common practice called "corrective rape", will never be on my vacation itinerary.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Drunk people jumping up and down for two hours. Should be an olympic sport. I enjoyed the game.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

I enjoyed the game. I like fairly matched games as blows out bore the ever living crap out of me (I think this of American Football also). I did not enjoy the fans in the pub booing the National Anthem, it took some restraint on my part not to jump over the seat and become a hooligan and kick their limey arses. However I did mention that we didn't piss all over your God Save the Queen, how about you STFU (or maybe something more PC). Our goalie was wonderful, the UK guy unfortunately is most likely going to be roasted and put in highlight reels for the next 6 months. I believe we are competitive on the world stage and I like that, but we have more to do, just as England does if they or we want to win it all.

As for soccer being painful, well, everyone had their cup of tea or beer as the case maybe, if you don't like it, don't watch, I would just appreciate less the pissing on everyone else's parade who does enjoy it. I don't like cricket or baseball, but I don't go starting threads about it. Anyway, tangent aside. GO USA! (and yes we were the only 4 people in the bar cheering the Americans and we stood for the American Anthem. I must do more of these things. I love sports).y

Note: if my english is a bit slurred (I had three beers and two vodka shooters so I might be a little goofy) e
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I think as mentioned above one thing soccer has especially over the NFL...

Soccer: kick off... 45 straight minutes of uninteruped play... half time... 45 straight minutes of uninterupted play

NFL: 4 plays... 4 commercials... 8 plays, touchdown... 4 commercials... kick off... 4 commercials... 4 plays... 4 commercials... 6 plays, quarter ends... 4 commercials... 2 plays... 4 commercials...

After each play promos for Everybody Loves Raymond or The Simpsons and NOT SHOWING REPLAYS SO THEY CAN PROMO TERRIBLE SIT COMS THAT I'LL NEVER WATCH IN A MILLION YEARS.

It can be insufferable.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
I enjoyed the game. I like fairly matched games as blows out bore the ever living crap out of me (I think this of American Football also). I did not enjoy the fans in the pub booing the National Anthem, it took some restraint on my part not to jump over the seat and become a hooligan and kick their limey arses. However I did mention that we didn't piss all over your God Save the Queen, how about you STFU (or maybe something more PC). Our goalie was wonderful, the UK guy unfortunately is most likely going to be roasted and put in highlight reels for the next 6 months. I believe we are competitive on the world stage and I like that, but we have more to do, just as England does if they or we want to win it all.

As for soccer being painful, well, everyone had their cup of tea or beer as the case maybe, if you don't like it, don't watch, I would just appreciate less the pissing on everyone else's parade who does enjoy it. I don't like cricket or baseball, but I don't go starting threads about it. Anyway, tangent aside. GO USA! (and yes we were the only 4 people in the bar cheering the Americans and we stood for the American Anthem. I must do more of these things. I love sports).y

Note: if my english is a bit slurred (I had three beers and two vodka shooters so I might be a little goofy) e
If that's how you are after 5 drinks, you should def check back in after last call!
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Ha - I was in Argentina for 2 years on a mission - so I was immersed in the sport which was fun. Soccer is a great game to physically play, but not so much to watch - Kind of like Rugby. I was in Argentina when our men's soccer team first beat Argentina in the world stage - the mission pres told us to stay in doors for a few days to let the social mood chill out a bit. So, of course, I found a copy of the game watched it and hung an American flag off of our balcony - it was a blast. My companion was from Uruguay so we had a blast with this...rubbed it in whenever we could.

I can watch a game but definitely nowhere near as intense as our pro sports. After 2 years of just soccer, I got into Miami Airport after the mission was over and saw Sportscenter highlights and started literally sobbing - NOTHING LIKE USA SPORTS ANYWHERE!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I think as mentioned above one thing soccer has especially over the NFL...

Soccer: kick off... 45 straight minutes of uninteruped play... half time... 45 straight minutes of uninterupted play

NFL: 4 plays... 4 commercials... 8 plays, touchdown... 4 commercials... kick off... 4 commercials... 4 plays... 4 commercials... 6 plays, quarter ends... 4 commercials... 2 plays... 4 commercials...

After each play promos for Everybody Loves Raymond or The Simpsons and NOT SHOWING REPLAYS SO THEY CAN PROMO TERRIBLE SIT COMS THAT I'LL NEVER WATCH IN A MILLION YEARS.

It can be insufferable.
good point!
Old 06-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

In my world every person seen within 10 feet of one of those horns would have it inserted 16 inches into his or her rectum, and then be savagely beaten. Honestly, Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong Il are bad people, but the people who blow those horns are on whole other level of sinister, no punishment is too cruel or unusual.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #18
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
Ha - I was in Argentina for 2 years on a mission - so I was immersed in the sport which was fun. Soccer is a great game to physically play, but not so much to watch - Kind of like Rugby. I was in Argentina when our men's soccer team first beat Argentina in the world stage - the mission pres told us to stay in doors for a few days to let the social mood chill out a bit. So, of course, I found a copy of the game watched it and hung an American flag off of our balcony - it was a blast. My companion was from Uruguay so we had a blast with this...rubbed it in whenever we could.

I can watch a game but definitely nowhere near as intense as our pro sports. After 2 years of just soccer, I got into Miami Airport after the mission was over and saw Sportscenter highlights and started literally sobbing - NOTHING LIKE USA SPORTS ANYWHERE!!!!
Where were you exactly?
BlaK-Argentina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I played soccer in middle school through my freshman year of HS...since then I have not watched or paid any attention to soccer. Im happy the rest of the world enjoys soccer. Gives me a reason to love American football that much more.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #20
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

I was in San Jose, Costa Rica a few years back when CR played Ecuador. Everything shut down for the entire day. Game ended in a tie and city erupted like it was the second coming. My wife and I just kind of looked at each other like, "huh." I guess a tie exceeded their expectations...
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombquixote View Post
I was in San Jose, Costa Rica a few years back when CR played Ecuador. Everything shut down for the entire day. Game ended in a tie and city erupted like it was the second coming. My wife and I just kind of looked at each other like, "huh." I guess a tie exceeded their expectations...
Do you riot when you win lose or tie?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #22
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
Where were you exactly?
Salta, Tucuman, and Jujuy- absolutely loved it there.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 06-12-2010 at 03:24 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

Quote:
Do you riot when you win lose or tie?
Apparently the only time you don't riot is when the came is called on account of rain.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #24
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

easily the worst popular sport .
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #25
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

The game shouldve tied and it did. Unlike most American sports it's not a game of instant gratification. That makes scoring all the more miraculous.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote