The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default tebow moved to 2nd string?

hes going ahead of quinn in stuff like 11 on 11s now, doesnt necessary mean he moved up for good, but just worth mentioning i guess.

Denver_Broncos

Tim Tebow goes second in the rotation in first 11-on-11 drill. #fb
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I hope we get updates on how he does in the 11 v 11 drills.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
hes going ahead of quinn in stuff like 11 on 11s now, doesnt necessary mean he moved up for good, but just worth mentioning i guess.

Denver_Broncos

Tim Tebow goes second in the rotation in first 11-on-11 drill. #fb
Not worth mentioning, since just yesterday McDaniels said that the three QBs will alternate order throughout camp.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
jmccliment
Just Drafted

Location: In the burning concrete waste called the Valley of the Sun

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They also just tweeted/posted that Quinn went second in the next set of 11-on-11s.
jmccliment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Moreno made a few moves after catching a pass out of the backfield to beat a defender, then ran up to Josh McDaniels for a high five.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

you need to work on your thread titles, seriously
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

no, i dont. i posted it as a question because it was worth questioning, you are the only one crying.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
no, i dont. i posted it as a question because it was worth questioning, you are the only one crying.
To answer your question:

NO

BTW your thread and it's title sucks
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Correction I'm the only one that said what I thought

my God you are an immature douche sometimes
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Moreno made a few moves after catching a pass out of the backfield to beat a defender, then ran up to Josh McDaniels for a high five.
Dude always looks good when there is no contact. It's when people try to tackle him that he sucks.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It isn't worth questioning when they guy who runs the team said this would happen just yesterday, and that it would apply to all three QBs rotating through with no baring on the actual depth chart.

I mean what part of "all three will take snaps with every unit" is so hard to understand? Is Tebow 1st string when he takes snaps with the first stringers for one or two snaps a day?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Dude always looks good when there is no contact. It's when people try to tackle him that he sucks.
Yep. You can really see that in this video here:

Oh, and this one too:

Old 06-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #13
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
It isn't worth questioning when they guy who runs the team said this would happen just yesterday, and that it would apply to all three QBs rotating through with no baring on the actual depth chart.

I mean what part of "all three will take snaps with every unit" is so hard to understand? Is Tebow 1st string when he takes snaps with the first stringers for one or two snaps a day?
I find it interesting how important it has historically been for the "intended" starter to get as many snaps as possible in the off season as to develop the "don't think about it, just do the right thing" muscle memory that is required for a successful NFL QB to play at a high level all year. I feel that Orton is our best option to win more games this year but some times I wonder whether we should just admit to rebuilding and get Tebow his reps. He's big, he's tough, he's mobile, he'll be in the film room like a saint and would benefit greatly from the live game time in the film room. Given his natural tendencies towards dedication to improvement, let the test go live sooner rather than later. I know there's all sorts of logical arguments to the contrary but seriously, south paw and all...let's get the project started since it's inevitable anyway.

Last edited by hambone13; 06-12-2010 at 07:50 PM..
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
actually he was one of the top guys in the league as far as broken tackles are concerned

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...fseason/2.html

what were you saying about him sucking when trying to be tackled?
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #15
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
I find it interesting how important it has historically been for the "intended" starter to get as many snaps as possible in the off season as to develop the "don't think about it, just do the right thing" muscle memory that is required for a successful NFL QB to play at a high level all year. I feel that Orton is our best option to win more games this year but some times I wonder whether we should just admit to rebuilding and get Tebow his reps. He's big, he's tough, he's mobile, he'll be in the film room like a saint and would benefit greatly from the live game time in the film room. Given his natural tendencies towards dedication to improvement, let the test go live sooner rather than later. I know there's all sorts of logical arguments to the contrary but seriously, south paw and all...let's get the project started since it's inevitable anyway.
Just because the FO and McD is being politically correct does not mean the transition has not begun.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #16
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That might not be a bad theory if its all about Tebow's development (though really, 150 throws on the side with Ben McDaniels will do more to fix his mechanics than 30 throws with the first team). But if Tebow struggles early on in camp and pre-season we're also hindering the development of the young WRs, OL, etc..

Orton is a solid, above average starter type QB. He provides the steady rock upon which to let the other guys learn and work in the system. Meanwhile the mechanical and mental issues for Tebow can be ironed out. When the switch truly happens Tebow isn't in a trial by fire with other raw players all around him, and if he flourishes their jobs suddenly get a whole lot easier.

Its almost definitely going to be Orton to start the year with Tebow seeing the field in select packages. Then when the inevitable ankle injury puts Orton on the shelf Quinn will get a shot with a few extra weeks under his belt of watching this offense in live action from the sidelines, with Tebow still getting his touches in a specialized role. By the end of 2010, assuming Orton has his now annual ankle issue, we'll know what we have in all three QBs to at least some degree.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #17
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I think there's something to be said for admitting to rebuilding and just going with Tebow, but the Broncos were in such a playoff drought under Shanahan that there is considerable pressure from the fan base to get back to the post-season.

Add in the media pressure that's looming over McDaniels, and Bowlen will be inundated with hate mail if the Broncos throw Tebow to the wolves and go 6-10. I also think dumping Orton at this point would alienate McDaniels from a lot of the locker room ala Bubby Brister. You could argue that Shanahan never regained full control of things after that point.

I think even with Orton starting the whole season, we're going to see more of Tebow than most people expect. McDaniels is going to push to get Tebow as much experience as possible while giving this team the best chance to win now.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #18
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
After Harris went down is seems our line dropped off, they were getting pushed around.

He doesn't have great speed but breaking tackles isn't an issue with him.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #19
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I think there's something to be said for admitting to rebuilding and just going with Tebow, but the Broncos were in such a playoff drought under Shanahan that there is considerable pressure from the fan base to get back to the post-season.

Add in the media pressure that's looming over McDaniels, and Bowlen will be inundated with hate mail if the Broncos throw Tebow to the wolves and go 6-10. I also think dumping Orton at this point would alienate McDaniels from a lot of the locker room ala Bubby Brister. You could argue that Shanahan never regained full control of things after that point.

I think even with Orton starting the whole season, we're going to see more of Tebow than most people expect. McDaniels is going to push to get Tebow as much experience as possible while giving this team the best chance to win now.
I don't disagree in general with what you've said. The bottom line to me is **** it, you've headed in this direction, go on faith, give it a shot. We're shoot'n craps as it is. I don't see Orton as the answer. He's a glass in a house of crystal. Let's stick with the future. Devise schemes around tebows strengths and weaknesses and let him roll. The earlier the better if we're already headed down that road.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #20
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
That might not be a bad theory if its all about Tebow's development (though really, 150 throws on the side with Ben McDaniels will do more to fix his mechanics than 30 throws with the first team). But if Tebow struggles early on in camp and pre-season we're also hindering the development of the young WRs, OL, etc..

Orton is a solid, above average starter type QB. He provides the steady rock upon which to let the other guys learn and work in the system. Meanwhile the mechanical and mental issues for Tebow can be ironed out. When the switch truly happens Tebow isn't in a trial by fire with other raw players all around him, and if he flourishes their jobs suddenly get a whole lot easier.

Its almost definitely going to be Orton to start the year with Tebow seeing the field in select packages. Then when the inevitable ankle injury puts Orton on the shelf Quinn will get a shot with a few extra weeks under his belt of watching this offense in live action from the sidelines, with Tebow still getting his touches in a specialized role. By the end of 2010, assuming Orton has his now annual ankle issue, we'll know what we have in all three QBs to at least some degree.
That is what I'm thinking also.

Brady Quinn was on the radio a week or so ago, and he was asked what would be the key to who starts at QB. The first word out of his mouth was "Leadership". Quinn provided a good interview, didn't dispute he was far behind Orton, flat out refused to answer someone asking him "Do you think you'll start?" Alfred Williams jumped in real quick and said, "Let me rephrase that question and ask, what do you think you have to do to win the starting job?"

Quinn said again, "I have to prove I'm the guy that is the best leader."

And that is why Orton is head and shoulders above both Quinn and Tebow, he's already proven he can lead the team, he has the support of the vets and the staff. There's no question about it, Orton has the leadership role locked up.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #21
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Anybody notice how many of Knowshon's nice runs had Spencer Larsen in there helping to get him started? Not all of them, but I think getting Larsen back in at FB will help. Same with getting some more solid production from our Center and LG. Last but not least, when Ryan Harris went down our season went to shiat! That guy stays healthy and our OLine is much better. Harris really is key as we (and most teams in the NFL) like to run right. Moreno really is a good player, I expect a very good season from him. 1200+ yards rushing, another 250-300 receiving and 12-15 total TDs. The only thing that will slow his TD production is Tebow's production on the goalline, and possibly the staff using Bay Bay's size in the endzone... Either way, I think Moreno shows up big for us this year!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I get the "hole" part, but why "Jester"? doesn't jester imply comedic ability?

maybe "stretchedout" or "destroyed" or even "loose" would be more suitable? Just throwing it out there. the advice is free.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #23
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Anybody notice how many of Knowshon's nice runs had Spencer Larsen in there helping to get him started? Not all of them, but I think getting Larsen back in at FB will help. Same with getting some more solid production from our Center and LG. Last but not least, when Ryan Harris went down our season went to shiat! That guy stays healthy and our OLine is much better. Harris really is key as we (and most teams in the NFL) like to run right. Moreno really is a good player, I expect a very good season from him. 1200+ yards rushing, another 250-300 receiving and 12-15 total TDs. The only thing that will slow his TD production is Tebow's production on the goalline, and possibly the staff using Bay Bay's size in the endzone... Either way, I think Moreno shows up big for us this year!
That's a good point. They tried to plug Hillis in, but he usually led the wrong way.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #24
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I like your take on the team development, there is a ton of logic there, however, it's not just the throws on the side lines w/ Ben, it's the practicing with the first squad and developing chemistry. Given what Tebow's physical strengths are it seems to me the system, focus on play calling and team dynamic will be different any way. How do you not change the system for a guy that can run like he can? I also understand the challenges of team dynamic and potential for losing the locker room but with the caliber of character is here, we shouldn't have issues like Shanny did.