The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default McDaniels presser 6-11-10

* Mini-camp not different from OTAs, keeping the same schedule. Have gotten a lot accomplished

* Open compeition everywhere on the team, players earn their own role. The QBs are competing hard, Kyle certainly has a great grasp of the system and is perofming well in the spring, the two younger guys are trying to push.

* Don't divide snaps of the QBs by 1st, 2nd and 3rd team but rather by logging specific plays they've ran and trying to see players adjust to plays they ran a week ago to judge improvement. Each QB has worked with the 1st group and different Cs and WRs.

* Continuing to make progress with Elvis' contract. Xanders and Elvis' agent are doing most of this. The team wants it to get done and keep Elvis here for a long time. The letter sent to Elvis was a procedural part of the CBA, not unique to the Broncos. No message sent by the letter he received. Wants to have everyone under contract by training camp. Plenty of time in the next few days, confident everything will work out fine.

* Kyle has had much more time in the offense which shows in his play while the other two are learning at the stage he was at last year. Not an easy progression, going to make plenty of mistakes everyday. They are seeing some things for the first time each day.

* Moss has done everything asked of him and extra. Put forth great effort in the weightroom, classroom and field. A selfless guy who just wants the team to win. He's not going to settle for anything less than creating a big role for himself on the team, he's earned a lot of reps for himself. He's more comfortable at OLB this year than last year, like all of the guys from last year. Can rush the passer off the corner and is more comfortable communicating.

* Ayers not practicing: (in a tone that it's not a big deal) just a coaching decision just to do that today. Branson not practicing: rehabbing, will be on the field as soon as he can. Reid: working every day, won't know the timetable soon. He's doing better, as soon as he's capable, he'll be out there. May not be out there at the begining of camp.

* Tebow has made progress, not asking him to change and be like everyone else. Working with him to do a few things better, working hard to make that a part of his game. Made progress in some areas but there are so many things going on he needs to go through making mistakes and learning. Happy to have him on the team, he'll fight to contribute in someway.

* Demaryius had a typical rookie day, made some big plays and nice catches; then had some drops and wrong routes. Happy to have him working with the group and different QBs and WRs. Has shown the ability to make a difference when he's out there. He's made progress each day, getting the rust off. He's going to be what we thought he was, his foot is doing good.

* Distributed Zane's reps a few different places. He's worked more at T so he worked at G a bunch today. Showed the ability to handle a lot of information. At some point, make a choice of where he should stay at camp to compete for a position.

* Hopes Jamal can be a real big contributor, he's in good condition. Coming off his injury, one of the first major ones in his career. Moving around well, even dropped him into coverage. Very vocal, has a lot of confidence. Rubs off on younger players, going to let him contribute in anyway he can because they believe he can still play at a high level.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92180

edit: thanks for re-capping tho. I realize not everyone can look at vids at work, etc.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

wish someone would ask about center, and if JD is going into camp as starter...
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Anyone think that Beadles is going to be spectacular at every position? Some hard work and weight room bulk and we may have found another young franchise piece to this OL.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
wish someone would ask about center, and if JD is going into camp as starter...
I would be surprised if he doesn't, he has taken all the 1st team snaps that I have heard of I think.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
* Hopes Jamal can be a real big contributor, he's in good condition. Coming off his injury, one of the first major ones in his career. Moving around well, even dropped him into coverage. Very vocal, has a lot of confidence. Rubs off on younger players, going to let him contribute in anyway he can because they believe he can still play at a high level.
I'm jacked to see Jamal Williams out there. The dude was a terror for us for years... if he can be even 50% of what he did in SD he will vastly improve our defense.

I think he can have the impact Dawkins gave us last year.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

I can only imagine the teams in the AFC West are thinking....

Champ
Dawkins
Goodman
DJ
Elvis
and now Jamal....damn!
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I would be surprised if he doesn't, he has taken all the 1st team snaps that I have heard of I think.
i agree, just would like to see updates from someone, no one reports on the center but its one of the few positions this year thats not locked in.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

God I am pumped for football.

I don't think I've ever been this excited.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I'm surprised about what's being said in regards to Moss. Maybe the guy turns into a play maker, that would be great.

Thanks Montrose, love reading things like this in the off season =).
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Bronc62
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ESPN SportsCenter at 4 o'clock...Jay Harris in the lead says, "Tim Tebow the starting quarterback in Denver?...why it sounds like he's got a real shot." Huh? Story coming, I guess.
Bronc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I heard Demaryious looks good so far
granted its really early but I guess he is out there making plays
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
I can only imagine the teams in the AFC West are thinking....

Champ
Dawkins
Goodman
DJ
Elvis
and now Jamal....damn!
Don't forget Javaris Moss... he just got promoted.

edit: really, sarcasm aside... the kid had huge upside coming out of college. He was a first round pick for a reason. There is absolutely NO reason he can't get his act together and contribute this year. I'm hoping he does, I've always had that glimmer of hope that he'd get his **** together.

Last edited by Houshyamama; 06-11-2010 at 04:43 PM..
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote