The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default OT- Xcel to increase rates due to power station explosion

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...0726&catid=339

Seriously, this sh*t is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Xcel, I hate our local government... I hate so much about how things are run here in Denver right about now.

Anyone ever think about just running your power off of a generator? How feasible is that??
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Yeah we got our phone call. Lost power at the explosion. Fun times.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

its just a built in excuse and a way to raise rates without having to go to PUC for approval, and it wont happen for months/years? they are like yeah in feb of 2012 we will need money so just warning yo now remember that explosion in June of 2010 yeah its catching up to us
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I have an idea. Let's really tax them so they raise their rates even more. That'll show 'em.

Signed,
Democrats
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I have an idea. Let's really tax them so they raise their rates even more. That'll show 'em.

Signed,
Democrats
They wouldn't ever consider passing those costs onto the consumer. That's absurd.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

I have an idea. Let's start a war on terrorism in the name of 9/11 in a country that has nothing to do with 9/11 and MURDER thousands of people, while sacrificing the lives of thousands of our own citizens. Then, let's just gloss right over everything that is wrong with this by placing magnetic yellow ribbons on our low MPG vehicles.

Yee Haw,
The Republican Party
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post

Seriously, this sh*t is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Xcel, I hate our local government... I hate so much about how things are run here in Denver right about now.

Anyone ever think about just running your power off of a generator? How feasible is that??
I understand where you are coming from. You can power a lot of **** with a quiet diesel onan generator. I have one in OF1 and you can power anything off it. http://www.coloradostandby.com/catal...source=froogle

I think a small house would be possible. If nothing else as a major supplement to your power needs. Of course diesel will probably hit $4.00 a gallon with the next war/crisis/scam whatever you want to call it.

As far as local government goes I'd encourage you to get involved in getting rid of the crooks who run it. Myself and other land owners exposed the crook running RTD a couple years ago during my eminent domain ordeal.

He was forced out of office and now the government is trying to recoup the millions the son of b**** took form the tax payers. It can be done. One crook at a time.....

Oh Solar is an option but the payback is a long time and pretty steep investment. It just depends on how long you plan on staying at your property.

Last edited by Meck77; 06-10-2010 at 08:49 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

That's awesome, Meck.
I would love to get involved, gotta find that extra time.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Try moving to SoCal, folks. You have no idea what tax pain is. My property taxes could pay a mortgage on a decent house in most states. Our local sales tax is 10%. I've had monthly energy bills of over $800.

California should be the model that the rest of the country looks at to realize how to do everything wrong. Basically, keep taxing and spending... and you'll end up just like us... broke.

Thank god I'm blessed with a good gig or I'd be outta here.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Irregardless!!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I always chuckle when folks b**** about taxes in Colorado (within the lowest 10 states pretty much no matter how you look at it, despite our huge infrastructure costs).
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post

Specifically? I'm relatively new to Denver (3 years), but I feel like the place is run really well. At least compared to other places I've lived.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

I have a better idea,lets complain about the deficit, blame it on the democrats, and then complain about getting taxed too much, then lets keep complaining.

Signed,
Rightards
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Here was me thinking I would learn something from other Denver residents. Nope, its Democrats vs Republicans.

So...
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #15
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Yeah this is not about Dems vs. Reps.

Its about local government being in the pocket of Xcel and other large companies. Anyone catch when they "switched" from coal to natural gas? That bill just moved right on through without so much as a peep, because nobody knew about it.

Our rates increased, and we sure noticed it then. Its a mockery of government the way things are run around here.