The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default Foxworth to blame?

Ravens lose final week of OTAs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-week-of-otas/

Offseason practices routinely involve contact, even though they aren't supposed to involve contact. For the most part, the league and the NFLPA look the other way; the trade off, as it has been explained to us, is that training-camp practices have become less grueling.

Still, every once in a while a team gets smacked for violating the offseason workout rules. Three years ago, the Raiders got their knuckles rapped. This time around, it's the Ravens.

The union and the NFL have issued a joint statement regarding the violation, which will result in the forfeiture of the final week of the Ravens' Organized Team Activities. Here's the full text:

"The NFL Management Council and the NFL Players Association have resolved a complaint by the Players Association against the Baltimore Ravens concerning violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement's off-season workout rules.

"It was determined that the Ravens violated the rules concerning the intensity and tempo of drills conducted on the Club's organized team activity days ('OTA days') and the length of time spent by players at the Club's facility on such days.

"As a result, the Ravens will forfeit the final week of their off-season program (June 14-18, 2010). Ravens' players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The Club cannot reschedule the canceled days."

It's unknown how the violation was detected. Often, the situation hits the union's radar screen after one or more players complain. If that's the case, then the Super Bowl contenders may have a little locker-room problem.

And the folks who complained may have to answer to Ray Lewis.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

What the hell does this have to do with Foxy? It doesn't even mention his name
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Foxworth is heavily involved in the NFLPA.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I think that teams should be allowed to push as hard as they want in the Pros.

College is a different story.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

one of the reason why Foxy was tossed out of Denver was because he was considered a NFLPA narc....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Seems like a better thread title is in order. I'm just saying
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Foxy is, was and always will be a lil b****.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
What the hell does this have to do with Foxy? It doesn't even mention his name
This message is hidden because BMarsh615 is on your ignore list.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

maybe it was Boldin.....it seems like he's always crying about something
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
one of the reason why Foxy was tossed out of Denver was because he was considered a NFLPA narc....
He wasn't tossed out, he was traded per his request because Shanahan wouldn't let him legitimately compete with Dre Bly.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
He wasn't tossed out, he was traded per his request because Shanahan wouldn't let him legitimately compete with Dre Bly.
sure....if that's what you believe.....
Old 06-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Athlon picked Ravens to win the SB this year over Minnesota. How can they do that if they can't finish their OTA's
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
nver got his chance?

he got his chance in the pre-season of 2008 and was smoked repeatedly.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #14
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

I root for laundry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

I saw the title and thought it was thought it was an old thread from the AFC championship game. "Yes, Mr. Ward. I'll give you a 20-yard cushion."
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
sure....if that's what you believe.....
It's been very well documented.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #16
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
It's been very well documented.
I'll trust the person that told me otherwise.....you always have 2 stories to a transaction. 1. What they publicly say 2. Why the transaction occurred...
Old 06-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #17
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'll trust the person that told me otherwise.....you always have 2 stories to a transaction. 1. What they publicly say 2. Why the transaction occurred...
Great. Then source it.

Because all I see is a case where Shanahan said "Dominique would like an opportunity elsewhere and we respect his wishes". That shortly after and before Foxworth voiced his belief that he was not getting a fair shake to win the #2 CB job over Bly.

Foxworth then went to Atlanta, played well enough to get a big contract from a good defensive team with a smart GM, and start there while they're making playoff runs.

he's not an elite CB, but he's solid. And likely a better long term answer than what Dre Bly posed. Yet he felt he had no chance to win that job in his 4th year in the NFL.

Funny that once Shanahan left more and more sources started coming out saying that the "every spot is up for competition" mantra was a joke.

Hell, I'm not even saying that Foxworth is a real good CB. He's overpaid and I think we got better value with Andre Goodman last off-season. But the attempt at former player flogging here is pretty ridiculous. He was open and honest with his problems and they've largely been substantiated now that management has been turned over.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #18
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
This message is hidden because BMarsh615 is on your ignore list.
Who isn't on this guys ignore list? I think he has everyone on ignore but himself
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #19
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

the players are not only ones who have to honor a contract. last I checked the owners/mangement signed the contract as well. They are just as legally bound to it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm not sure why he would be blamed. So what if he's involved in the union. If they violated the OTA rules....the team's union rep SHOULD be reporting it. They aren't there to slavishly obey every team rule. There was a collective bargaining process that resulted in regulations to cover the extent of football related offseason activity. Good for him. He undoubtedly will be retaliated against in some way, but I don't see why he's a "lil biatch" for complaining about OTA violations.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #21
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Ravens lose final week of OTAs

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-week-of-otas/

Offseason practices routinely involve contact, even though they aren't supposed to involve contact. For the most part, the league and the NFLPA look the other way; the trade off, as it has been explained to us, is that training-camp practices have become less grueling.

Still, every once in a while a team gets smacked for violating the offseason workout rules. Three years ago, the Raiders got their knuckles rapped. This time around, it's the Ravens.

The union and the NFL have issued a joint statement regarding the violation, which will result in the forfeiture of the final week of the Ravens' Organized Team Activities. Here's the full text:

"The NFL Management Council and the NFL Players Association have resolved a complaint by the Players Association against the Baltimore Ravens concerning violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement's off-season workout rules.

"It was determined that the Ravens violated the rules concerning the intensity and tempo of drills conducted on the Club's organized team activity days ('OTA days') and the length of time spent by players at the Club's facility on such days.

"As a result, the Ravens will forfeit the final week of their off-season program (June 14-18, 2010). Ravens' players are not permitted to be at the facility on those days, but will be paid for the sessions. The Club cannot reschedule the canceled days."

It's unknown how the violation was detected. Often, the situation hits the union's radar screen after one or more players complain. If that's the case, then the Super Bowl contenders may have a little locker-room problem.

And the folks who complained may have to answer to Ray Lewis.
no way Ray wasn't aware of this. Things like this are discussed by the players prior to being reported.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote