The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Moreno impressing in OTAs

Highlights:

- "I will say this is the first time he's beaten me several times in one-on-one tackle drills, I think he's more comfortable with himself. He's playing faster. It's a big difference with him." - Wesley Woodyard

"I'm definitely more comfortable. Last year, everything was moving so fast. You had to stay on top of that, remember this, do this. Now it all comes back to you. You just get into a flow, and you can start to flow now instead of thinking." - Knowshon Moreno

"He's been impressive in terms of his pass protection, which as a rookie he could do it, but it wasn't always consistent. Now it's been pretty consistent. He gets open and he catches the ball in the passing game on a regular basis, daily, and should be an impact player in the passing game for us. He's in his second year, and he knows more what to do. We're expecting a good year from him in a lot of different ways." - Josh McDaniels

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_15236372
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I think the people that know a few things realized last year Moreno is a pretty good tailback.

There was just an amazingly large cadre of posters in 2009 that figured it was cool to jump on the "ridicule anything Bowlen/McStupidhead/Xantax do" bandwagon.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Highlights:

- "I will say this is the first time he's beaten me several times in one-on-one tackle drills, I think he's more comfortable with himself. He's playing faster. It's a big difference with him." - Wesley Woodyard

"I'm definitely more comfortable. Last year, everything was moving so fast. You had to stay on top of that, remember this, do this. Now it all comes back to you. You just get into a flow, and you can start to flow now instead of thinking." - Knowshon Moreno

"He's been impressive in terms of his pass protection, which as a rookie he could do it, but it wasn't always consistent. Now it's been pretty consistent. He gets open and he catches the ball in the passing game on a regular basis, daily, and should be an impact player in the passing game for us. He's in his second year, and he knows more what to do. We're expecting a good year from him in a lot of different ways." - Josh McDaniels

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_15236372
I think you saw a different KO when he started fumbling and lost elusiveness with two hands on the ball all the time. Hopefully he can play faster and more elusive this year without the fumblitis in the back of his mind. Plus the rookie wall didn't help

As for the chart, 2nd year Emmit/LT and Walter averaged 100 yards per game and 10 TDs. I see KO closer to TJ than the other 3.
I hope not becuase TJ was a vagabound for serveral years before making a name for himself with a couple very good years in CHI/NY

Last edited by CEH; 06-06-2010 at 08:26 AM..
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'd like to think that the 2009 Broncos team was better than the 1990 Cowboys and 1975 Bears.

Moreno looked slow and out of control. He needs to speed it up and hit the hole quicker. If he does that, he'll have a much better season this year. I think we all expect that he's going to be better. The question is:

Will Moreno ever be an elite RB in the NFL...a player that was worth the #12 pick?
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I have a theory. Moreno may be more productive if the defense is not allowed to have routine contact with him 3 yards behind the LOS.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I have a theory. Moreno may be more productive if the defense is not allowed to have routine contact with him 3 yards behind the LOS.
That's a crazy idea. How else can he prove he's a great runner if they don't make contact behind the LOS?

It's all part of the plan.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
I think knowshon isn't good enough to dodge 11 tacklers all by himself. A 12th pick should be able to score a touchdown every play while playing beethovens fifth overture on a clarinet.

Knowshon is only good if he gets a couple of blocks and a whole. Any rb can perform when they get that for Christ sakes. We wasted a pick IMO.Buy a vowel.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

A 2nd year player in the same system picked in 1st round better look good in OTA, or we have a problem. It is OTAs and no one is hitting each other or going all out, it to early to determine anything right now.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
A 2nd year player in the same system picked in 1st round better look good in OTA, or we have a problem. It is OTAs and no one is hitting each other or going all out, it to early to determine anything right now.
Whole lot of guys from the previous regime that was never true of though. Sometimes first rounders just miss.

Moreno had a solid rookie campaign despite numerous hindrances. He isn't going to shoot himself in the foot this year with a holdout so with a little luck (avoiding injuries) and a little help (better blocking) he could become a standout talent.

Last edited by Drek; 06-06-2010 at 10:27 AM..
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Whole lot of guys from the previous regime that was never true of tough.

Moreno had a solid rookie campaign despite numerous hindrances. He isn't going to shoot himself in the foot this year with a holdout so with a little luck (avoiding injuries) and a little help (better blocking) he could become a standout talent.
We read the fluff pieces before too like this one. Hopefully things click for Moreno, but we are not going to have good idea how he going to be this season, until we seen the first couple of games of the season.

But right now I not going to go overboard either way.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #11
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I thought after a year you'd come to your senses and stop sniveling.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Glad to hear he is getting better. Any rookie must be given a reasonable amount of time to adjust to the league. I'm excited to see what he can do this year. Props to him for working hard on his game.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I thought after a year you'd come to your senses and stop sniveling.
I am sorry, guess you will have to drop me down on the superfan list again for point out that 2nd year pro should look better then a rookie.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Quote:
I think the people that know a few things realized last year Moreno is a pretty good tailback.

There was just an amazingly large cadre of posters in 2009 that figured it was cool to jump on the "ridicule anything Bowlen/McStupidhead/Xantax do" bandwagon.
For some reason some people need to see 80 yard runs to consider a tailback good.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #16
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We read the fluff pieces before too like this one. Hopefully things click for Moreno, but we are not going to have good idea how he going to be this season, until we seen the first couple of games of the season.

But right now I not going to go overboard either way.
He rushed for nearly 1K yards on less than 250 carries last year as a rookie. That after holding out in camp followed by screwing up his MCL in his first pre-season game. He also fought through a ton of early contact thanks to a massive decline in OL play that anyone could see. You really think there is no substance to having faith in Moreno taking the next step?

Fluff piece or no, he's a leading candidate for breakout player of the year in 2010.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #17
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I am sorry, guess you will have to drop me down on the superfan list again for point out that 2nd year pro should look better then a rookie.
Elsid, you were Mr. Superfan when Shanny was in charge, Shanny could do no wrong. Any criticism of the Broncos, you got all torqued up about. Now you have a snide comment to make about everything in Broncoland.

It's not a stretch for people to say you were more a Shanny fan than you are a Bronco fan. Please.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #18
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
STFU! We should of drafted Suh.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Elsid, you were Mr. Superfan when Shanny was in charge, Shanny could do no wrong. Any criticism of the Broncos, you got all torqued up about. Now you have a snide comment to make about everything in Broncoland.

It's not a stretch for people to say you were more a Shanny fan than you are a Bronco fan. Please.
Isn't TSI the one in charge of gauging SUPERFANDOM here?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #20
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:

Please, I think Shanahan was dam good coach, that earned little more time to straighten the ship, but I favor the team over any one player or coach. I have been pretty constant on everything when comes to the broncos and how I view them from today backwards, include my problems with Plummer, drafts, Shanahan and way the team failed to stick with defense coordinator or system. Fluff piece like this are just fluff pieces, no matter who is the head coach or the player they are talking about.

Last edited by elsid13; 06-06-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #21
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
He rushed for nearly 1K yards on less than 250 carries last year as a rookie. That after holding out in camp followed by screwing up his MCL in his first pre-season game. He also fought through a ton of early contact thanks to a massive decline in OL play that anyone could see. You really think there is no substance to having faith in Moreno taking the next step?

Fluff piece or no, he's a leading candidate for breakout player of the year in 2010.
Drek

There are lot of players that show promise in their first season in the NFL, but the proof is can they built on it and adjust to what the defenses do to them when there is game film on them. Right now Moreno appears on the right track to be a productive back, but the things that worried me about him coming out of UGA still worry me, until I see how he performs in live games in upcoming season.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
STFU! We should of drafted Suh.
Lease a tip.

Beavis rolls a honda.

Baked beans on the ground.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #23
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Please, I think Shanahan was dam good coach, that earned little more time to straighten the ship, but I favor the team over any one player or coach. I have been pretty constant on everything when comes to the broncos and how I view them from today backwards, include my problems with Plummer, drafts, Shanahan and way the team failed to stick with defense coordinator or system. Fluff piece like this are just fluff pieces, no matter who is the head coach or the player they are talking about.
No, you gave the reasonable doubt much more favorably to Shanny than you've given to McDaniels. In fact, you've gone onto the side of doubt much more with McDaniels.

It's a matter of being fair, and you haven't been fair with McDaniels. You've picked on him way too much, you and many others. You haven't given him the fair chance you gave Shanny.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I'd like to think that the 2009 Broncos team was better than the 1990 Cowboys and 1975 Bears.

Moreno looked slow and out of control. He needs to speed it up and hit the hole quicker. If he does that, he'll have a much better season this year. I think we all expect that he's going to be better. The question is:

Will Moreno ever be an elite RB in the NFL...a player that was worth the #12 pick?
You really have no clue. Moreno had no patience and his problems stemmed more from this lack of patience than any lack of speed.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #25
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
No, you gave the reasonable doubt much more favorably to Shanny than you've given to McDaniels. In fact, you've gone onto the side of doubt much more with McDaniels.

It's a matter of being fair, and you haven't been fair with McDaniels. You've picked on him way too much, you and many others. You haven't given him the fair chance you gave Shanny.
I am pretty sure that if the mane had existed when Shanahan first came in you would have seen the same "prove it" posts that you seen now with Mcdaniels. Shanahan due to his success earn more of grace period then any new coach walking into Dove Valley. Like I posted when Shanahan was fired, whoever the new coach was he was going to live in Shanahan's shadow, until he won in playoffs and Superbowl.