The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,419
Default The Hang Over

SO like my friends was all you have to see this , it's the funniest movie ever...

I must be getting old or something because it seemed like 2 hours of $hit that would never happen in million years.

Yea there was some funny MOMENTS , but random funny moments surrounded by 2 hours of stupid does not make a great movie.



one thing tho i never figured out from the cams pics at the end , How did the one guy end up in the ER ?
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel
 
FADERPROOF's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eastlake OH
Posts: 17,115
Default

How did you not like that movie
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

It was a decent comedy, has a few hilarious lines in it (mostly from Allen) but it's not an instant classic or anything. It's more of a cult film along the same lines of Napoleon Dynamite, Farris Bueller's Day Off or Office Space.....meaning it's fans are extremely devoted to it while others will fail to see anything all that extraordinary with it.

Your question is a fair one as I often wondered that myself.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,698
Default

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81158

Almost exactly one year to the day from this thread...weird!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
GoBroncos84's Avatar
 
Crucify the Ego

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I found it hilarious. I believe the concussion came from a fight with Wayne Newton, but they don't actually say that. Just the impression I got from the pictures
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81158

Almost exactly one year to the day from this thread...weird!
All it means is it must've started running on HBO & Cinemax
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
It was a decent comedy, has a few hilarious lines in it (mostly from Allen) but it's not an instant classic or anything. It's more of a cult film along the same lines of Napoleon Dynamite, Farris Bueller's Day Off or Office Space.....meaning it's fans are extremely devoted to it while others will fail to see anything all that extraordinary with it.

Your question is a fair one as I often wondered that myself.
Its box office numbers suggest it was more than a cult film. $275 million and #6 last year.

It wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but the numbers alone tell you that a large portion of the movie-going public, myself included, found it hee-larious.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,480

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

I didn't see the big deal about it either.

I thought the naked male ass got old after the 1st time. The 2nd time it was old.

I thought at times it was creepy. The Dentist pulling his own tooth might have been funny if they showed it.

Maybe it is a movie best watched drunk with a bunch of 18 year old frat boys? I dunno.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Its box office numbers suggest it was more than a cult film. $275 million and #6 last year.

It wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but the numbers alone tell you that a large portion of the movie-going public, myself included, found it hee-larious.
Not talking about box office numbers, talking more about how it'll be remembered and regarded.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel
 
FADERPROOF's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eastlake OH
Posts: 17,115
Default

"ysah maybe now after 9-11, when everyone's all sensitive...thanks a lot Bin Laden."
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #11
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,935
Default

I thought it was OK
I thought Alan(Zach Galifinakis) was the only really funny part of the movie

more silly than funny
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

I'm not supposed to be within two hundred feet of a school... or a Chuck E. Cheese.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 36,480

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I thought it was OK
I thought Alan(Zach Galifinakis) was the only really funny part of the movie

more silly than funny
I thought he was more creepy than funny, the Chinese dude kept me watching but I didn't need to see his ass.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #14
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I thought it was OK
I thought Alan(Zach Galifinakis) was the only really funny part of the movie

more silly than funny
This. Galifinakis is simply one of the better comics today. The rest of the movie was average comedy.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #15
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I thought he was more creepy than funny, the Chinese dude kept me watching but I didn't need to see his ass.
or the old dude's in the doctor's office
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,445

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

I cant believe you went into that movie expecting realism.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #17
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,914
Default

You know what's unrealistic, a guy getting hypnotized to not care anymore, then he blows off his job and he gets promoted. But you know, Office Space is one of favorite movies ever.

Just about all movies are unrealistic on some level. Really think about. We all have normal lives. So who wants to pay like $13 to watch another person's normal life? Hell, if I'm going to watch something realistic then I'll just sit at home and watch my life. lol

As for The Hangover, I thought it was a very funny movie. Like it was pointed out, it made way too much money to be considered a cult movie, and a lot of the public loved the movie. We all have different opinions about movies, but the movie was a hit. It didn't just have a specific audience.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
hookemhess's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 928

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon
Default

hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,914
Default

I looked the movie up on yahoo movies, and it got an average grade of a B from the critics, which is pretty good, and an average of an A- from the users. The users grade, not surprisingly, is usually a bit higher than the critics grade. But judging from what other big time movies get, those are good grades.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

It was a lot like Hot Tub Time Machine, with one great performance making an otherwise average movie pretty funny.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #21
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,419
Default

It had it's moments , and if you didn't over think it , it was funny.

But the media and some of my friends acted like this was auto top 5 comedies of all time and it just wasn't to me.

I'd still like to know how dude ended up in the ER tho hehe.

I'm also known as "I hate the classics guy" From Led Zep , to E.T. and Brave Heart .
If it's a classic i most likely hate it... And I never go to theaters hence just seeing The Hang Over.

And was wondering if that played into it hehe... But i see from a lot of replies that i wasn't the only one on this one ...

Yes The Hang Over was funny , But no it wasn't like instant top 5 ... heck i don't even know what i'd pick as my top 5 funniest movies of all time.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #22
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
GoBroncos84's Avatar
 
Crucify the Ego

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post

I'd still like to know how dude ended up in the ER tho hehe.
I really think its from fighting Wayne Newton
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #23
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,914
Default

I'd say that I go to the movies often. A few times a month. I walked out of The Hangover feeling that I got my money's worth.

Is it a top five funniest movie of all time? I'd say no. But if you're going to the movies with that type of expectations, you're going to leave disappointed every time.

I recently saw The Big Lebowski for the first time. It's a classic and I always wanted to see it. I've always heard how great it is. So I see it, expecting greatness, and it was just alright to me. It goes to show that we all have different opinions about movies, and also if the expectations are set extremely high and the movie doesn't live up to that to you, then you're not going to think the movie was any good. I'm sure if I saw The Big Lebowski without any of the hype I would have liked it a lot more. Same with Avatar. It got so much hype, and it was supposed to be the best picture of the year. So going in the expectations were extremely high. But to me it didn't live up to the hype. When debates about the best picture would come up I would never have anything positive to say about the movie. But it was a pretty good movie. It just didn't live up to the hype. If it didn't have so much hype and wasn't up for best picture, I probably would have liked the movie a whole lot more.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #24
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
GoBroncos84's Avatar
 
Crucify the Ego

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Yeah, its best to go in with no expectations for any movie. If there is a lot of hype, you can take that as a sign that its a movie you should check out, but don't anoint it and expect greatness.


^ The Big Lebowski is probably my favorite comedy. I understand it's not for everyone, but i've never seen a better comedic film. You bringing that up has put me in the mood for a white russian... or three
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #25
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
I'd say that I go to the movies often. A few times a month. I walked out of The Hangover feeling that I got my money's worth.

Is it a top five funniest movie of all time? I'd say no. But if you're going to the movies with that type of expectations, you're going to leave disappointed every time.

I recently saw The Big Lebowski for the first time. It's a classic and I always wanted to see it. I've always heard how great it is. So I see it, expecting greatness, and it was just alright to me. It goes to show that we all have different opinions about movies, and also if the expectations are set extremely high and the movie doesn't live up to that to you, then you're not going to think the movie was any good. I'm sure if I saw The Big Lebowski without any of the hype I would have liked it a lot more. Same with Avatar. It got so much hype, and it was supposed to be the best picture of the year. So going in the expectations were extremely high. But to me it didn't live up to the hype. When debates about the best picture would come up I would never have anything positive to say about the movie. But it was a pretty good movie. It just didn't live up to the hype. If it didn't have so much hype and wasn't up for best picture, I probably would have liked the movie a whole lot more.

This.

My friends are The Big Lebowski fanatics. I finally watch it with them and they are laughing hysterically and quoting the flick...Im like......that was amusing, not laugh out loud funny. And Avatar...very pretty with a very boring story.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Denver Broncos