The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Team ratings for Madden NFL 11

http://kotaku.com/5555978/raiders-ma...madden-ratings

Broncos get a 78
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Isn't this the last year for Madden?
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Lomax
Solid Starter
 
Lomax's Avatar
 
Thanks, Weapon X. I took it.

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Just Say "Know"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Isn't this the last year for Madden?
Who says?
Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
Who says?
I forget who told me, no sure if it's true.

But from reading online it's just a rumor at this point.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

I think ea's deal with the NFL ends next year. Bring back NFL2K!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
GoBroncos84's Avatar
 
Crucify the Ego

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think ea's deal with the NFL ends next year. Bring back NFL2K!
The American Needle ruling might actually make it so that exclusivity agreement is irrelevant and 2K can come back
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
The American Needle ruling might actually make it so that exclusivity agreement is irrelevant and 2K can come back
Well I might just buy a console again if that's true. A new 2k would be sooo sweet!!
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,365

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Speaking of Madden. Can anyone give me a good site to get rosters for Madden 10 for PS3? I'm tired to trying to change these things around for all the teams.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,913

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
The American Needle ruling might actually make it so that exclusivity agreement is irrelevant and 2K can come back
That would be fantastic.

I'm still buying Madden this year, unless 2k releases something. Once 2k returns, I will join back up with them for sure.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,913

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Oh, as long as the Broncos have Barrett with ~95 speed, and 80+ strength, and Bailey is still a beast, I'm sure my defense can survive.

I've been playing with Jarvis Moss on the Dline for years now. My defense only allows 6.7 points a game...

I average 120 rushing yards and 28 points a game (I consider that good, since I generally am just running the clock out in the 2nd half with a 2 score lead.)

89-12 record last year
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,576
Default

Let me go ahead and absolutely guarantee you that this isn't Maddens last year. That thing is an incredible cash cow, and it effectively underwrites a huge portion of EA's operations.

They'd sooner burn their headquarters to the ground before they stopped making that thing.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Isn't this the last year for Madden?
2012 the Exclusive deal ends...but it was to end back in 08, but EA threw mega millions to the NFL and the deal was extended 4 years.

Without a doubt EA will extend the NFL deal.


It'd be nic to see 2k Sports with the NFL again. The NBA game is the best sports title available. Jordan 2k11!

But EA has little competetion for football. 2k8 All-Pro was a solid effort, but low sales force 2k sports to drop a 2k9 version.

Then we have backbreaker, a game with a great physic's engine, but horride player models, bad camera angles that make replays worthless, inconsistant rules, no injuries or player fatigue, no play-by-play. Just a bad football game.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #13
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

there is NO chance that this is madden's last year.

too many $$$$ every year for the same old tired stuff.

And yes. I'll be buying it this year. just like last year.... sucker
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #14
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

Also, when 2k comes back it will fail. Just a prediction based on nothing.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:42 AM   #15
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,168

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great McBronco16 View Post
Speaking of Madden. Can anyone give me a good site to get rosters for Madden 10 for PS3? I'm tired to trying to change these things around for all the teams.
try www.operationsports.com
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:20 AM   #16
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
It'd be nic to see 2k Sports with the NFL again. The NBA game is the best sports title available. Jordan 2k11!
.
And their baseball game is a piece of **** worse than Madden, so obviously they aren't so great at crossing sports.

It is unlikely that 2K still has all the staff from the old NFL2K games. Even if they did they would need to make a big step up in what they offered with APF2K8.

The big problem with football games the last decade or so is that 2K gets the gameplay right and Madden gives you more of the polish and franchise features.

Someone needs to deliver a game that actually gets it all right.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

When does the demo come out or has at already?
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac821 View Post
When does the demo come out or has at already?
Late July release on PSN & Live. The gmae will be Colts vs Jets...
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #19
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

We did kinda finish 8-8 last year.... so you can't really expect to be an 85+ team!! I wonder what Tebow's rating is
Bigdawg26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #20
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
We did kinda finish 8-8 last year.... so you can't really expect to be an 85+ team!! I wonder what Tebow's rating is
I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow wasn't in the low 70s with a decent arm (mid -80s) and so-so accuracy, better short then deep accuracy ratings. It was reported that he will have a very high trucking rating.

For the rest of the team it going to have weak spots -center, guard and tes.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #21
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Late July release on PSN & Live. The gmae will be Colts vs Jets...
Thank you
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #22
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!
 
Ugly Duck's Avatar
 
RF

Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
We did kinda finish 8-8 last year....
You did kinda finish the season 2-6... amazing Denver is not rated even lower after it's recent poor play & losses to crappy teams. Heck - the lowly Oakland Raiders had a better second half record than the Broncos did. Even Jamarcus freakin Russell beat the Broncos in Denver. Seems Madden rated Denver artificially high for some reason.... maybe a legacy Elway-worship kinda thing or something, a deference to way back in the old days...
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #23
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow wasn't in the low 70s with a decent arm (mid -80s) and so-so accuracy, better short then deep accuracy ratings. It was reported that he will have a very high trucking rating.

For the rest of the team it going to have weak spots -center, guard and tes.
You can check out the rookies for the first three rounds here:
http://maddennfl.easports.com/draft.action#

Tim Tebow has the following ratings:
AGI - 83
AWR - 60
DAC - 79
MAC - 71
PAC - 53
RUN - 78
SAC - 69
SPD - 79
THP - 88

One of the devs also commented that he will have a 92 acceleration. The numbers are subject to change and they're even taking input on that page from fans.

78 is a pretty reasonable number for the Broncos. We're a team with a lot of questions and McDaniels is betting on some young guys producing quickly for us. He's betting on positions where that is more likely (interior OL) but still, you can't expect the benefit of the doubt that Olsen/Beadles/Walton/Olsen will produce two good starting interior linemen, that Royal will catch fire in the slot, etc..
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #24
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
You can check out the rookies for the first three rounds here:
http://maddennfl.easports.com/draft.action#

Tim Tebow has the following ratings:
AGI - 83
AWR - 60
DAC - 79
MAC - 71
PAC - 53
RUN - 78
SAC - 69
SPD - 79
THP - 88

One of the devs also commented that he will have a 92 acceleration. The numbers are subject to change and they're even taking input on that page from fans.

78 is a pretty reasonable number for the Broncos. We're a team with a lot of questions and McDaniels is betting on some young guys producing quickly for us. He's betting on positions where that is more likely (interior OL) but still, you can't expect the benefit of the doubt that Olsen/Beadles/Walton/Olsen will produce two good starting interior linemen, that Royal will catch fire in the slot, etc..
Thank I hadn't seen that before. I was pretty close. It pretty sick that Thomas is 96 speed.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #25
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck View Post
You did kinda finish the season 2-6... amazing Denver is not rated even lower after it's recent poor play & losses to crappy teams. Heck - the lowly Oakland Raiders had a better second half record than the Broncos did. Even Jamarcus freakin Russell beat the Broncos in Denver. Seems Madden rated Denver artificially high for some reason.... maybe a legacy Elway-worship kinda thing or something, a deference to way back in the old days...
Call me when you go 13-0 to finish the season but don't lose the first... you know, important game.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Denver Broncos