The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Default Is Denver's O-line the best in the AFC West?

Ranking offensive linemen in the AFC West

May, 31, 2010 May 3112:00PM ET

Email Print Share By Bill Williamson

Our AFC West position-by-position rankings are continuing with the offensive line. We are going 14 players deep this year. If he is on the list, then he’s pretty good.

1. Ryan Clady, Denver, T: One of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. The Broncos hope he recovers from a partially torn patella tendon in his knee (which he suffered playing basketball) in time to start the season. Denver will miss him terribly if he can’t return right away.

2. Ryan Harris, Denver, T: Harris is an underrated player. He is a dominant right tackle who is extremely athletic. Denver’s offense suffered terribly when he injured his toe in the seventh game of last season.

3. Nick Hardwick, San Diego, C: Hardwick has been dealing with injuries in recent years. Still, he remains a top-flight center.

4. Kris Dielman, San Diego, G:He quietly goes about his business and is one of the better players at his craft. He’s a sturdy force on San Diego’s offense.

5. Marcus McNeill, San Diego, T: McNeill had a very good season in 2009. He is an upper-echelon left tackle and is just reaching his prime.

6. Chris Kuper, Denver, G: Kuper is a tough, hard-working player. Had Denver not given him a first-round tender, he likely would have been snapped up in restricted free agency.

7. Louis Vasquez, San Diego, G: He was the best rookie in the AFC West last year, becoming an instant impact player on the deepest line in the division.

8. Branden Albert, Kansas City, T: Albert is a work in progress. But he is a talented player. The Chiefs clearly think he can be the answer at left tackle or they would have taken Russell Okung instead of safety Eric Berry at No. 5 last month.

9. Robert Gallery, Oakland, G: Gallery is a solid player at guard. He is Oakland’s best offensive linemen. He needs better health in 2010.

10. Casey Wiegmann, Kansas City, C: Wiegmann may be aging, but expect him to help toughen the Chiefs’ offensive line with his return in 2010.

11. Brian Waters, Kansas City, G: Still, a very formable player. Waters is a pro’s pro. He's very steady. He’ll be a big reason why the Chiefs will run the ball well this season.

12. Ryan Lilja, Kansas City, G: He is another reason why Kansas City will be much better on the offensive line. He’s a rugged player.

13. Cooper Carlisle, Oakland, G: Carlisle just keeps ticking. Steady and quiet, he simply gets the job done.

14. Mario Henderson, Oakland, T: Henderson is still learning to play at the NFL level. He has a chance to be an above-average player.

http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulin...zoxslwhupsbbjd

With Clady I say yes
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Yeah, unless none of the rookies show up to play we have the best line.

Clady and Harris make up one of the 3 best OT pairs in the league, Kuper is a very servicable guard and hopefully we can get something good out of the Olsens, Beadles and Walton.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

yes
if our young interior linemen pan out our line should be really good for a long time
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I wouldn't say any of the AFC West OL's are that great. So having the best isn't much of an honor.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
I wouldn't say any of the AFC West OL's are that great. So having the best isn't much of an honor.
This.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Maybe when they are healthy.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Ranking offensive linemen in the AFC West

May, 31, 2010 May 3112:00PM ET

Email Print Share By Bill Williamson

Our AFC West position-by-position rankings are continuing with the offensive line. We are going 14 players deep this year. If he is on the list, then he’s pretty good.

1. Ryan Clady, Denver, T: One of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. The Broncos hope he recovers from a partially torn patella tendon in his knee (which he suffered playing basketball) in time to start the season. Denver will miss him terribly if he can’t return right away.

8. Branden Albert, Kansas City, T: Albert is a work in progress. But he is a talented player. The Chiefs clearly think he can be the answer at left tackle or they would have taken Russell Okung instead of safety Eric Berry at No. 5 last month.
Obviously BW doesn't read CP, if he did, he would know that Albert is in fact a better LT than Clady.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

They may be the best of the bunch of turds that are in the AFCW.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Obviously BW doesn't read CP, if he did, he would know that Albert is in fact a better LT than Clady.
They always do that. I've had that argument with them so many times.

Some of my favorites:

Surtain > Bailey
Kennison > Smith
Bowe > Marshall (They really had a laugh when I insisted Marshall was better)
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Broncos | Hope Russ Hochstein will be ready for camp
Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:32:34 -0400
The Denver Broncos are hoping OL Russ Hochstein (knee) will be able to participate at the start of training camp, according to Mike Klis, of The Denver Post.

Broncos | Ryan Harris expected to practice this week
Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:26:37 -0400
Denver Broncos OT Ryan Harris (toe) is expected to participate in the team's offseason workouts this week but could be limited during the practices, according to Mike Klis, of The Denver Post.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0pdI0Rv8B
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

The Broncos O line looked a lot more impressive working under Shanahan's system than McDaniels'. They definitely have a nice set of tackles but you can't call it an elite group overall with the interior in flux the way it is. It's a lot easier to rebuild the interior than it is the bookends, though.

San Diego's offensive line is probably the second best followed by Oakland. The Chargers lost two starters in the opening game and had injuries all year so you have to kind of pick which group of players you want to rate. They came together well at several different points of the season with several different combinations of starters but never had any continuity. Vasquez came on strong around mid-season and Clary had his best season before going to IR. Mruckzkowski was playing awesome at center after he had some time to learn the position. I'm surprised that no team attempted to trade for him this offseason. Probably because he ended the season on IR, too. They all took more heat than they deserved for the lack of run game production. You can't block those blades of grass that were taking LT down when he had holes. I'd rank SD's offensive line somewhere near the middle of the pack in the NFL.

Oakland has some good players but holes at key spots and KC's offensive line pretty much sucks across the board.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #12
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #13
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

nice toupe SoCal
Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #14
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Nixon on Bohemian Grove...

Old 06-02-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
The Broncos O line looked a lot more impressive working under Shanahan's system than McDaniels'. They definitely have a nice set of tackles but you can't call it an elite group overall with the interior in flux the way it is. It's a lot easier to rebuild the interior than it is the bookends, though.

San Diego's offensive line is probably the second best followed by Oakland. The Chargers lost two starters in the opening game and had injuries all year so you have to kind of pick which group of players you want to rate. They came together well at several different points of the season with several different combinations of starters but never had any continuity. Vasquez came on strong around mid-season and Clary had his best season before going to IR. Mruckzkowski was playing awesome at center after he had some time to learn the position. I'm surprised that no team attempted to trade for him this offseason. Probably because he ended the season on IR, too. They all took more heat than they deserved for the lack of run game production. You can't block those blades of grass that were taking LT down when he had holes. I'd rank SD's offensive line somewhere near the middle of the pack in the NFL.

Oakland has some good players but holes at key spots and KC's offensive line pretty much sucks across the board.
I agree with this pretty much word for word.

The Chargers starting five isn't that impressive as they used to be but overall I think they have some pretty nice depth with Mruczkowski and Dombrowski. (That ain't easy to type!)
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #16
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post

Denver will have the best OL. Walton was a good pick and should immediately help with the good OT's.

SD is good, but I dont' think their OL is that good. The whole right side is suspect IMO.

I would take KC over Oakland though. Albert showed a lot in the 2nd half last year and Lilja is no slouch. I'm still schocked he was let go by the Colts. He did a great for them. Plus Asamoah was seen by a lot of people as the 2nd best G in the draft and he looks really good on tape.

We shall see though.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #17
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I agree with this pretty much word for word.

The Chargers starting five isn't that impressive as they used to be but overall I think they have some pretty nice depth with Mruczkowski and Dombrowski. (That ain't easy to type!)
SD do a very nice job with the talent they do have on OL though. They're one of the teams that can still go towards max protect and get the job done in the passing game with big physical targets that know how to get open quickly like Jackson, Gates and an accurate QB firing the ball.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Weigman went back to the Chiefs? Hahahaha, he's like a big middle linebacker playing center. Sure, he'll start the season off at 285 but I bet he's down to 270 by mid season. He's too small. And he'll be 37 before training camp even starts. I'm glad the Broncos realized they could not continue down that road. They needed size and youth at Center and I think Walton is going to be a really good one.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #19
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Nixon on Bohemian Grove...

It ain't that way now. Bohemian Grove is a club of high-profile Republicans & corporate giants. I usta work there... met Newt Gingrich, Henry Kissinger, Clint Eastwood & the like. No women are allowed in, but I never saw Clint kissing Newt or anything like that at all.
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote