The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default kyle orton was available for trade, according to DP

http://www.denverpost.com/broncoshea...mpaign=twitter
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

If I was Orton I would demand a trade and refuse to answer any phone calls from the front office!
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

From what I've heard he is ignoring Bowlens phone calls.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

"Was" available? It should be "is currently available."

Sigh. Seriously, get this guy out of here.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Paladin
Ring of Famer

You are out of your mind.

But you already knew that......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

He's still available.
I doubt any team would want him, though...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Sure he WAS available ...before the draft and before he signed his Tender.

If we were offered a 1st and third before the draft I think McD would have taken
the offer, as he could have packaged those to move up. Nobody offerred and so Orton is our #1. Now he is NOT for trade....
Unless someone offers the same type of deal...NOT happening.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Wait... You're saying the only way we'd trade Orton is if we got a 1st and 3rd? Holy hell, I hope not. That is beyond a pipe dream. That's flat-out ridiculous.

I'd be happy with a 4th at this point. Orton sucks.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Trading Orton would be a bad mistake. But for some around here, thinking is that activity that exists to justify the conclusions already reached through other means, mainly through ostrich-emmulating denial of facts. It is amazing that some around here are still in post-Elway partum depression. The MSM continues to hammer at their "ideas" about how the team should be built, and some around here believe that crap. I should think people ewould watch and see what transpires.

I do not think trading Orton would help McD in his efforts to develop the team, nor give the team the best chance to win. Yeah, I'd go with the guy who has won some NFL games. Maybe the others will learn as the season progresses. With Orton, I'd see 10+ wins this year. With anyone else at QB, I'd see no more than 8......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

In case anyone is too lazy to click the link....here's a recap:
(You're welcome in advance)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Broncos source said Orton is not on the trading block.

Based on the Broncos' first offseason practice that was open to the media Monday, any deal involving Orton would be a trade involving their best quarterback.

Orton, meanwhile, carried himself with the type of relaxed, poised demeanor common among established quarterbacks.

Orton was also the most efficient passer of the group.

Kyle Orton has been a very good, very accomplished quarterback in this league for a long time.

"Once you've been in this business awhile, you realize that people keep coming for your job every year," Stokley said. "Very few people in this league don't have competition for their jobs. Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Those guys. But other than that, you've got to get young guys in. And you kind of just get used to it."
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

So the Broncos don't really want Orton. No other team wants the guy, so the Broncos are kind of stuck with him. But some folks around here want him as the QB? I guess NFL GMs and coaches are wrong, but message board guys are right.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
It is amazing that some around here are still in post-Elway partum depression.
Has nothing to do with Elway. I don't see why fans wanting good play from the QB position means that we're expecting another Elway.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
With Orton, I'd see 10+ wins this year. With anyone else at QB, I'd see no more than 8......
And right here is the crux of the Orton debate. Are you high on the team or not. If you are, you want Orton. You think the team is fine, as such, you don't want change. Which makes sense. If you're down on the team, chances are you probably want change, starting with the QB, since that is the marquee position.

I haven't even looked at the schedule yet to analyze, but after our epic collapse last year, what makes you think that we're magically going to win 10 games (or more) this year? We have a middle-of-the-road QB, we have unknowns at RB, WR, and offensive line. We have 2 stars in the defensive secondary but we're still trying to rebuild the defensive front-7, and our special teams have notoriously been bad. And oh yeah, we had a coaching change on defense, to add to the chaos.

We're rebuilding. We're not winning a Super Bowl this year. That's why I'm personally willing to roll the dice with Quinn or hell, even Brandstater. (Even I'm not crazy enough to advocate for Tebow) I don't see Orton leading us anywhere. This has nothing to do with Elway. This has everything to do with Orton's lack of skill. As such, if we are rebuilding and whatnot, I want to see what our options are. I see it as a waste of time to stick to a guy who we know isn't the answer. Is Quinn the answer? I have no idea. But I'm willing to try something new. In fact, I give Quinn the benefit of the doubt since he was in a ****hole like Cleveland to start.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
ro_50
Ring of Famer

I like Orton but again, how much confidence does McD have in him by trading for Quinn and drafting Tebow.

I know McD is all about competition but you don't make those deals if you think Orton is your guy beyond this year.

If Orton struggles out of the gate, I would not be surprised to see Quinn play.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
So the Broncos don't really want Orton. No other team wants the guy, so the Broncos are kind of stuck with him. But some folks around here want him as the QB? I guess NFL GMs and coaches are wrong, but message board guys are right.
So you're gonna go into a bigtime depression I guess when Orton opens the season as the starting QB.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #16
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
So you're gonna go into a bigtime depression I guess when Orton opens the season as the starting QB.
I won't be excited about it at all, but if he is the starter I'll be rooting for him. Just like last year.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
I won't be excited about it at all, but if he is the starter I'll be rooting for him. Just like last year.
Exactly.

I knew this was where the conversation would turn. The whole "you want Orton to fail so you'll be right" shtick. The idea that people who dislike Orton (Or McDaniels, etc) want them to fail. That they want the Broncos to fail. It's so, so stupid.

I don't like Orton. I've made it pretty clear. That doesn't mean I wish the guy ill. If he proves me wrong, if he proves that I know nothing about the NFL, I will gladly eat my crow. A huge serving. Because that means the team that I've been supporting since birth was winning. I want to be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I want Orton to lead us to the promised land. Do I see it happening? No. But that doesn't mean that when the lights go on in September I'll be rooting against Orton or this team. I want so badly to be proven wrong. I will always root for the 22 guys on the field, always.

This idea that people who don't support Kyle Orton won't root for the team or will go into a "bigtime depression" is hilarious retarded.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post

I haven't even looked at the schedule yet to analyze, but after our epic collapse last year, what makes you think that we're magically going to win 10 games (or more) this year? We have a middle-of-the-road QB, we have unknowns at RB, WR, and offensive line. We have 2 stars in the defensive secondary but we're still trying to rebuild the defensive front-7, and our special teams have notoriously been bad. And oh yeah, we had a coaching change on defense, to add to the chaos.
I'll be rooting for this team to win 10+ games, but I don't see why some people around here think that this team will win that many games. There are so many question marks on both sides of the ball. There really isn't besides wishful thinking that says this is a 10 win team. It was a huge surprise that they even won 8 games last year.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'll be rooting for this team to win 10+ games, but I don't see why some people around here think that this team will win that many games. There are so many question marks on both sides of the ball. There really isn't besides wishful thinking that says this is a 10 win team. It was a huge surprise that they even won 8 games last year.
so teh team won more games than you expected last year after you spent all offseason whining about how bad (top 5 pick!!) this team is, yet you are doing it again this offseason after there has been several upgrades all over the team....makes sense.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #20
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
so teh team won more games than you expected last year after you spent all offseason whining about how bad (top 5 pick!!) this team is, yet you are doing it again this offseason after there has been several upgrades all over the team....makes sense.
Several upgrades? Where exactly?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #21
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Just a note for all thoose citing Orton's practice performance, remember that Jake Plummer's Training Camp was universally lauded prior to his complete and total collapse and benching in favor of Cutler.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #22
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Unfortunately, Orton is the best option at QB going into the season.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #23
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Exactly.

I knew this was where the conversation would turn. The whole "you want Orton to fail so you'll be right" shtick. The idea that people who dislike Orton (Or McDaniels, etc) want them to fail. That they want the Broncos to fail. It's so, so stupid.

I don't like Orton. I've made it pretty clear. That doesn't mean I wish the guy ill. If he proves me wrong, if he proves that I know nothing about the NFL, I will gladly eat my crow. A huge serving. Because that means the team that I've been supporting since birth was winning. I want to be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I want Orton to lead us to the promised land. Do I see it happening? No. But that doesn't mean that when the lights go on in September I'll be rooting against Orton or this team. I want so badly to be proven wrong. I will always root for the 22 guys on the field, always.

This idea that people who don't support Kyle Orton won't root for the team or will go into a "bigtime depression" is hilarious retarded.
Last year it was really annoying around here because of the two camps. The one camp that wanted to be right so bad that it seemed like they were rooting against the team, and the camp that had the attitude that anybody who did not like the offseason moves were rooting against the team. It was very annoying that when I, or anybody else who questioned the moves, were accused of rooting against the team.

Like you, I wanted them to prove me wrong, and I was doing back flips through the first 6 games when they were totally proving me wrong. That may be the only time I was overjoyed to be wrong. Well we know how that turned out. I was pretty pissed to somewhat be proven right in the end.

I don't see this team as being very competitive this year, but I will be rooting for that. Just because I want them to win 10 games doesn't mean that I'm going to act like it's bound to happen. It's not a solid argument.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Several upgrades? Where exactly?
when did you turn into whiny hater?

lets start here, in terms of pure upgrades over last year:
dline
interior oline, which will allow moreno to be better because hes not getting destroyed 3 yards behind the line
wr depth

in terms of players being better in their 2nd year in new system:
QB
doom/ayers

now, where exactly did the team get WORSE?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Come on man, can you be a little objective? What says 10 win team about this team? Hell, at this point they don't even have a QB locked in. And lets not act like last year was some kind of success.