The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default What is the % of unemployment in your area?

We all hear what the national numbers are and most people feel that the published numbers are low.

In your state and city what do you think the percent of the work force is out of work?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

find a different number every place you look, but this is one i found

The unemployment rate in Rockford is 14.70 percent(U.S. avg. is 8.50%). Recent job growth is Negative. Rockford jobs have Decreased by 7.80 percent.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

My town is an industry town, but our city has problems... and our state is something like 12% last I heard.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Massachusetts is 9.2% according to today's Boston Globe.
Our "peak" was 9.5% a few months ago.
It's expected to stay around 9% until at least 2011.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Officially in 2009 it was over 9.5%.

I would not be wrong to say in Fremont County, Colo its probably double that now. Unemployment rate does not count people who drop off of the unemployment rolls.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Looks like 10.4% here in Santa Ana, good thing I'm working.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

hard to tell here.....because of the area, the housing market/job rate don't fall as much as the rest of the nation......
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

North Dakota has 4.0%......hard to find workers up here with the booming oil economy on top of an already strong job market.

http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/19/news...kota/index.htm

Old article but its still true.

Last edited by ND Bronco Fan; 05-20-2010 at 09:47 AM..
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Officially in 2009 it was over 9.5%.

I would not be wrong to say in Fremont County, Colo its probably double that now. Unemployment rate does not count people who drop off of the unemployment rolls.

Nor does it count the people who are underemployed ie working part time to just pay the bills at mcdonald's.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Nor does it count the people who are underemployed ie working part time to just pay the bills at mcdonald's.

Werd.

Also seasonal. The Royal Gorge has excellent whitewater in the spring and summer. It shuts down in the fall and winter.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Werd.

Also seasonal. The Royal Gorge has excellent whitewater in the spring and summer. It shuts down in the fall and winter.

Here in Portland Oregon it is 14.4% . I think we are one of the worst.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

In my immediate area it's 0%.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

8.8 in Dallas. We are riding this out a little better than most.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #14
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

6.1 in Nola.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #15
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

If a Republican was in office you wouldn't here the end of it. With Obama in the press goes weeks at a time not even mentioning it. When they do, they try to make it sound cute, like having "top ten best ways to nail your interview!" With lines like "with a stubborn job market, we're all lookin' to stand out!" Tee hee!

The fact is there are a lot of pissed off people and they are tired of being ignored and tired of reading headlines about expensive state dinners and Oprah appearances. You talk to people and they feel like they're being ignored. We're wasting time and money passing health care legislation when people need work. The press want to prop their boy up, so they are pretending it's not there.

There's a storm coming and the Dems are going to take it up the ass this fall.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
If a Republican was in office you wouldn't here the end of it. With Obama in the press goes weeks at a time not even mentioning it. When they do, they try to make it sound cute, like having "top ten best ways to nail your interview!" With lines like "with a stubborn job market, we're all lookin' to stand out!" Tee hee!

The fact is there are a lot of pissed off people and they are tired of being ignored and tired of reading headlines about expensive state dinners and Oprah appearances. You talk to people and they feel like they're being ignored. We're wasting time and money passing health care legislation when people need work. The press want to prop their boy up, so they are pretending it's not there.

There's a storm coming and the Dems are going to take it up the ass this fall.
Ok First I would like to say I do not belong to any political party.

#1 Now that being said. This problem was caused by republican President. It's funny how Republicans seem to forget this. Obama got handed a big old pile of crap.

#2 Health care? Yep who really cares that 30 million people did have it right. I mean we don't need them anyways.

#3 I understand that Obama is not the perfect solution and he has not done everything I wanted. However at least he can say a complete sentence and at least has some concern for the well being of people.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #17
ElwayMD
It Stinks!

Meet the New Boss...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sammy Winder

4.2% here in Fairfax County...we're kind of insulated by the Govt bubble.
ElwayMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #18
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

11.5 for all of Ohio

For my local area it was 14% for 2009.

Local steel mill has been idle for over a year and effects felt across the surrounding areas.

Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2008 was 18%, so I'm sure that number has grown.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #19
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post

#1 Now that being said. This problem was caused by republican President. It's funny how Republicans seem to forget this. Obama got handed a big old pile of crap.

#2 Health care? Yep who really cares that 30 million people did have it right. I mean we don't need them anyways.

#3 I understand that Obama is not the perfect solution and he has not done everything I wanted. However at least he can say a complete sentence and at least has some concern for the well being of people.
1. Obama voted for TARP when he was a senator, so he gets a nice big pile of share to go with Bush ("we have to abandon the free market to save it") & McCain. 'eff em all.

2. More people would have health insurance if they had jobs. Jobs should have been the priority, they tried and failed with the Stimulus, then dropped it completely.

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #20
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:

first off i would like to say imnot even american

that being said blaming W for this misses the boat totally, this goes back farther then him, try looking at clinton for this mess, you wont know what kind of mess W left ya till after obama is gone.

unemployment in my area is listed at 9.6% i think, but as has been mentioned that dosent include, those who have run out of unemployment benis, those who have given up looking for work, those who are under employed, or those who are in school doing retraining.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #21
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
1. Obama voted for TARP when he was a senator, so he gets a nice big pile of share to go with Bush ("we have to abandon the free market to save it") & McCain. 'eff em all.

2. More people would have health insurance if they had jobs. Jobs should have been the priority, they tried and failed with the Stimulus, then dropped it completely.

Look I never said Obama is perfect. Yes he voted for tarp but that was after Bush had already sank the country.

There is a big difference between More People and 30 million People.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

I wish people would realize that while the president can suggest economic policy, its congress that actually sets it. They set tax rates, they set spending, they are the ones that can dump money into the market to create new jobs or lower taxes to create new jobs. The president takes the hit because he is the president, but its nearly all congress. For the knock on Bush that the economy was horrible...it wasnt. It was not spectacular, but it was far from horrible. And the economy did not drop off the way it did until 2008. Nearly 2 years after the democrats took control of congress.

Everyone in this country (legal or not) gets healthcare. You are not denied care at a hospital because of an inability to pay. The issue was coverage, not healthcare itself. The 30 million number is nonsense as well. Out of that 30 million, half of them are people elligible for medicare who never signed up for it. That leaves 15 million. Of that 15 million, half of them were young adults who could afford healthcare, but chose not to get it. So now we are spending 1 trillion dollars for 8 million people to get substandard coverage from the federal government. Seems worth it, right?

Obama only speaks with a teleprompter. Explain to me how the murder of daniel pearle "caught the world's imagination... for the need of a free press"
Does that sound like a rational or intelligent sentence to you? You would think Daniel Pearl's murder would show the world the type of savage barbarity we are facing...but hey. Obama went to Harvard and stuff.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #23
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Toledo area is 13% to 14% and up the road in the Detroit Metro area it's up over 16%....with the actual number probably being much higher.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I wish people would realize that while the president can suggest economic policy, its congress that actually sets it. They set tax rates, they set spending, they are the ones that can dump money into the market to create new jobs or lower taxes to create new jobs. The president takes the hit because he is the president, but its nearly all congress. For the knock on Bush that the economy was horrible...it wasnt. It was not spectacular, but it was far from horrible. And the economy did not drop off the way it did until 2008. Nearly 2 years after the democrats took control of congress.

Everyone in this country (legal or not) gets healthcare. You are not denied care at a hospital because of an inability to pay. The issue was coverage, not healthcare itself. The 30 million number is nonsense as well. Out of that 30 million, half of them are people elligible for medicare who never signed up for it. That leaves 15 million. Of that 15 million, half of them were young adults who could afford healthcare, but chose not to get it. So now we are spending 1 trillion dollars for 8 million people to get substandard coverage from the federal government. Seems worth it, right?

Obama only speaks with a teleprompter. Explain to me how the murder of daniel pearle "caught the world's imagination... for the need of a free press"
Does that sound like a rational or intelligent sentence to you? You would think Daniel Pearl's murder would show the world the type of savage barbarity we are facing...but hey. Obama went to Harvard and stuff.

rand paul 2012

too be hell never get enough media coverage, who essentially chooses the winner.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #25
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
first off i would like to say imnot even american

that being said blaming W for this misses the boat totally, this goes back farther then him, try looking at clinton for this mess, you wont know what kind of mess W left ya till after obama is gone.

unemployment in my area is listed at 9.6% i think, but as has been mentioned that doesn't include, those who have run out of unemployment benis, those who have given up looking for work, those who are under employed, or those who are in school doing retraining.
I wonder if there is a formula to reasonably calculate the unreported jobless?

Would they add 5% across the board? More? Less?

What % of accuracy? (+ or -) what?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote