The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default Andrew Mason is back

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/about/

If anyone remembers Broncos TV in 2008 and prior he was the dude who did all the interviews and a ton of media work for the Broncos.

He was let go with 7 others after 2008 and ended up going to Carolina for a similar role with the Panthers.

I guess he's back to writing about the Broncos and he launched a site about all things related to them.

I found the site by accident and was like WTF when I saw who wrote the article.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

good news
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Good, I liked him.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

Never was a big fan. His interview skills are weak and he always had fake dramatical narratives. Plus he looks like Louie Anderson's little brother.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Will he suck ?
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

He's a good Guy. He works hard and writes well, and worked harder and knew more than half the beat writers who have no clue. I agree his on screen persona is not the best. He's like 5'1" literally, but he's nice to everyone and will talk to anybody. I hope he does well.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:38 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Will he suck ?
ask blart unless you go that way now too and already know that answer.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #8
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I always thought he was a TERRIBLE reporter and his pieces were very tacky. But he seems like a really likable and nice guy... so hopefully the time in Carolina helped his reporting skills
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

His voice is like running nails down a chalk board.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #10
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

His twitter is good for info.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #11
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I liked the guy and the access and excitement he brought. I also liked the article posted earlier. Seems like a breath of fresh air compared to the normal BS and tripe that seems to be circulating around so much these days. I like/love football for the FOOTBALL, not the soap opera.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #12
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
I liked the guy and the access and excitement he brought. I also liked the article posted earlier. Seems like a breath of fresh air compared to the normal BS and tripe that seems to be circulating around so much these days. I like/love football for the FOOTBALL, not the soap opera.
Football season runs from pre season to the Super Bowl and includes the draft.

Football Soap Opera season runs from post Super Bowl to late July.

We are in football Soap Opera season now so except soap opera stuff for a few more months.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #13
Flandcrest Enterprises
Just Drafted

"Yes, indeedy!"

Kaylore can vouch that it's really me, since I've used this screen name for PMs in the past, and also to log in and lurk. I admit to being a long-time lurker here. I always wanted to know what the chatter was, even if I couldn't chime in.

Carmelo15: Yes, my interview skills aren't the best. But when you're writing for a team site, you're also thinking, "What's an appropriate question?" More than once, I've had players say something to the effect of, "You work for us; how can you ask something like that?" Once in Carolina I got a talking-to from a PR person because of a question I asked. Interviewing is hard enough for someone like myself without having that floating in your head.

Watermock: "Will he suck?" I don't plan to.

Kaylore: My on-screen presence does suck. The best thing about being diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, as I was last year, is that I learned why my on-screen presence sucks, why I was completely unaware of body language and where and how my eyes moved, etc. I got a little coaching from the Panthers' TV production staff the last couple of years but don't plan to do any on-camera work for the new site, at least not anytime soon. Not my forte. And the state of Colorado says I'm 5-6 on my license. It might be a little off, but I'm riding it because of the official documentation.

McDman444: I wasn't blessed with good pipes, and I'm not willing to become a chain smoker to make them better. Joel Buchsbaum had a worse voice, though, and he did all right for himself.

FireFly: On your claim that I'm a "TERRIBLE reporter" and wrote "tacky" pieces … you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. Again, back to the team site thing … obviously, when you're working for the house, you have to spin things a certain way. Sometimes, it's not always what you feel, and thus, you lean on more creative elements. For me, this led to over-dramatization, flowery prose, etc. (It's how I b.s.'ed my way through many a college course; I once got a 99 on a final exam in English Lit where the sole essay question dealt with a book I'd put down after one chapter.) Eventually, that writing style wears you down creatively, and one of the many reasons I left after eight years on team sites and 11 on NFL "official" sites (I was on NFL.com when it was considerably more PR-friendly than it is now) was because I'd said all I could in that format.

I'd been tempted many times to post on here during my Broncos days, but because the team had its own message board -- and because I knew I would representing the organization, and thus whatever I said should always reflect the organization's perspective -- I decided not to. It's the same reason why I avoided most requests for radio appearances; I knew I might say something that could put me in hot water or not reflect the team's stance.

As I said after I hosted an on-line chat with the Panthers and I had to tip-toe around a myriad of tough questions right before the team cut five guys, "I've never tap-danced so much in my life." It's a nice change of pace to launch a new media outlet, focus on analysis and not too much b.s., write what I truly perceive (and can prove with facts and data, not gut feelings) and see if it can fly.
Flandcrest Enterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #14
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Sweet lord you have the greatest log in name ever.

If you are answering questions I have one, I follow MaxBroncos on twitter, and you and it seems they are the duplicate tweets. If I just follow you I won't miss anything right?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #15
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

oh ho ho!!

look what the cat drug in...

thanks for posting Andrew
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Now that is a major lurker. 5 years and one post. You win.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #17
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flandcrest Enterprises View Post
Kaylore can vouch that it's really me, since I've used this screen name for PMs in the past, and also to log in and lurk. I admit to being a long-time lurker here. I always wanted to know what the chatter was, even if I couldn't chime in.

Carmelo15: Yes, my interview skills aren't the best. But when you're writing for a team site, you're also thinking, "What's an appropriate question?" More than once, I've had players say something to the effect of, "You work for us; how can you ask something like that?" Once in Carolina I got a talking-to from a PR person because of a question I asked. Interviewing is hard enough for someone like myself without having that floating in your head.

Watermock: "Will he suck?" I don't plan to.

Kaylore: My on-screen presence does suck. The best thing about being diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, as I was last year, is that I learned why my on-screen presence sucks, why I was completely unaware of body language and where and how my eyes moved, etc. I got a little coaching from the Panthers' TV production staff the last couple of years but don't plan to do any on-camera work for the new site, at least not anytime soon. Not my forte. And the state of Colorado says I'm 5-6 on my license. It might be a little off, but I'm riding it because of the official documentation.

McDman444: I wasn't blessed with good pipes, and I'm not willing to become a chain smoker to make them better. Joel Buchsbaum had a worse voice, though, and he did all right for himself.

FireFly: On your claim that I'm a "TERRIBLE reporter" and wrote "tacky" pieces you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. Again, back to the team site thing obviously, when you're working for the house, you have to spin things a certain way. Sometimes, it's not always what you feel, and thus, you lean on more creative elements. For me, this led to over-dramatization, flowery prose, etc. (It's how I b.s.'ed my way through many a college course; I once got a 99 on a final exam in English Lit where the sole essay question dealt with a book I'd put down after one chapter.) Eventually, that writing style wears you down creatively, and one of the many reasons I left after eight years on team sites and 11 on NFL "official" sites (I was on NFL.com when it was considerably more PR-friendly than it is now) was because I'd said all I could in that format.

I'd been tempted many times to post on here during my Broncos days, but because the team had its own message board -- and because I knew I would representing the organization, and thus whatever I said should always reflect the organization's perspective -- I decided not to. It's the same reason why I avoided most requests for radio appearances; I knew I might say something that could put me in hot water or not reflect the team's stance.

As I said after I hosted an on-line chat with the Panthers and I had to tip-toe around a myriad of tough questions right before the team cut five guys, "I've never tap-danced so much in my life." It's a nice change of pace to launch a new media outlet, focus on analysis and not too much b.s., write what I truly perceive (and can prove with facts and data, not gut feelings) and see if it can fly.

Thanks for posting this informative post Andrew I am glad you are back I always liked your stuff.

You know from your lurking posters here can be cruel, it's easy when you aren't standing in front of the person you are insulting so give no worry to what they say. The only one you should heed is me.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flandcrest Enterprises View Post
So does this mean you will be the new Wabbit and drop us an inside morsel everynow and then.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #19
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Andrew are you 5'1 the legend grows each day.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #20
Flandcrest Enterprises
Just Drafted

"Yes, indeedy!"

Well, the plan is for the @MaxBroncos feed to be everything Broncos-related. Practice tweets, press-conference updates, in-game thoughts, etc.

I'll post some links and notes on the @Andrew_Mason feed, since for now it has more followers, but I won't emphasize the Broncos there, since quite a few of the followers are friends I've made in college, at workplaces, etc. and don't give much of a damn about the Broncos. That's also where I post the personal stuff (dog pictures, meals, etc.) that people who follow the @MaxBroncos feed might not care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Sweet lord you have the greatest log in name ever.

If you are answering questions I have one, I follow MaxBroncos on twitter, and you and it seems they are the duplicate tweets. If I just follow you I won't miss anything right?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
Flandcrest Enterprises
Just Drafted

"Yes, indeedy!"

It took some serious discipline to hold back. Sometimes I wanted to deflect the insults with a wise-ass reply. Others I wanted to clear up a misconception or create dialogue about a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Now that is a major lurker. 5 years and one post. You win.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #22
Flandcrest Enterprises
Just Drafted

"Yes, indeedy!"

How do you know I wasn't the old Wabbit? I notice he didn't post as much after I left for Carolina.

(Seriously, though, I wasn't him.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So does this mean you will be the new Wabbit and drop us an inside morsel everynow and then.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #23
Flandcrest Enterprises
Just Drafted

"Yes, indeedy!"

I'm 5-foot-1+3.

And yes, I'm seriously post padding here. Apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Andrew are you 5'1 the legend grows each day.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #24
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Hey Andrew, I assume you are going to cover training camp for your MaxDenver site?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #25
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

FYI, this is him, guys. He's one of many media guys who lurked (and continue to lurk) the Mane.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote