The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Broncos rookie hazing will start soon enough

By Lindsay Jones

DOVE VALLEY — It isn’t always easy to get Kyle Orton to crack a smile during an interview, especially a crowded one, like was the case after the first practice of the Broncos’ three-day passing camp on Monday morning.

That is until the topic of rookie hazing came up.

No, Orton wasn’t making proclamations of taping Tim Tebow the flag pole or making Tebow chug a gallon of milk (though, I bet if anyone could do it, it would be Tebow), but just the thought of having a first-round draft pick hauling around Orton’s gear all summer did make Orton smile.

“Oh, that hasn’t started yet, but it most certainly will,” Orton said. “The higher you get picked, the more hazing there is.”

Orton said his initial meeting with Tebow today was pretty basic. Quick introductions, and that was it. Tebow also introduced himself to the full squad during the group meeting.

But perhaps the biggest thing Tebow did to start winning over his new teammates, especially Orton, Brady Quinn and Tom Brandstater, was to offer to fetch the playbooks and carry the helmets.

“He knows the deal,” Orton said.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
But perhaps the biggest thing Tebow did to start winning over his new teammates, especially Orton, Brady Quinn and Tom Brandstater, was to offer to fetch the playbooks and carry the helmets.

“He knows the deal,” Orton said.
ya know this kid is really starting to grow on me, i was kinda indifferent at first, but i love his attitude
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Helmets and playbooks?

If he really wants to get on their good side, he better start fetching the Jack Daniels handles for Orton.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
Zoobie
Love Machine

The John Fox trot

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Helmets and playbooks?

If he really wants to get on their good side, he better start fetching the Jack Daniels handles for Orton.
and the lady speedstick for brady.
Zoobie is offline   Reply With Quote