The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Welcome Back, Jeff Francis! #Rockies

The guy won't get a win, but in his first start in 20 months, he gave up 1 run through 7 innings. Incredible.

Too bad Huston Street suffered a setback last night. If this team can get healthy, they might win some games.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Excellent. With all the injuries they have had, they're sitting pretty good at one game over .500 right now. Some tough decisions need to be made with Helton and Barmes, though. And they don't have a dependable closer unless Street can come back.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Very good game for Francis, and watching his mom was a hoot.....Corpas didn't blow it for once. Tracey doesn't use injuries as an excuse, but he has had to deal with a boatload of them plus the inconsistencies of the pitching staff.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Have any of you watched Jhoulys Chacin pitch? I haven't had a chance yet. Seems like he had a few great outings and then just got POUNDED.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Have any of you watched Jhoulys Chacin pitch? I haven't had a chance yet. Seems like he had a few great outings and then just got POUNDED.
He looked great the first two games, but lost his touch in the third. He is young and I think he looks like a keeper and good for maybe 12-15 wins....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
He looked great the first two games, but lost his touch in the third. He is young and I think he looks like a keeper and good for maybe 12-15 wins....
Good, I'm really hoping he can help round out our rotation this year. Still need one more though.

Jimenez
Francis
Chacin

De La Rosa?
Cook?
Hammel?
Smith?

We need someone to step up and we'll have a quality team this year IMO. I'm not worried about the offense, Helton will come around and we'll start scoring runs.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I would put more hope in Cook than Francis!! Cook always have a bad slump every year than rebounds. Chacin and Jimenez are young studs though!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

wont matter... The Rox wont beat the Phils
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
A phils fan is equal to being a raiders fan to me
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
Shoemaker
A Lurker No More

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Too bad Huston Street suffered a setback last night. If this team can get healthy, they might win some games.
Actually, most sources are saying that Street had a slight groin strain, similar to what Hammel was recently sidelined with.

I mean, that's no ideal, but its much much better than Huston having another setback with his arm. He should still be able to return relatively soon.

Considering all the injuries and weather issues they've had to deal with early in the season, I think the fact that the Rockies are one game above .500 is excellent. Since they're starting to get healthy again, I think the team is in good shape to start winning more consistently.
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
Actually, most sources are saying that Street had a slight groin strain, similar to what Hammel was recently sidelined with.

I mean, that's no ideal, but its much much better than Huston having another setback with his arm. He should still be able to return relatively soon.

Considering all the injuries and weather issues they've had to deal with early in the season, I think the fact that the Rockies are one game above .500 is excellent. Since they're starting to get healthy again, I think the team is in good shape to start winning more consistently.
Yeah I read that; you're right, my initial comment was misleading, as the most important thing is the status of the guy's arm. Just stinks we're going to have to wait longer to get him back.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

We need De La Rosa back... bad. Chacin is a great surprise so far, and I expect him to put up numbers like De La Rosa did last year. De La Rosa should be putting up numbers like Ubaldo did last year, and Ubaldo... well, he already hit my prediction for the year ;-)

Cookie and Francis round that out to one of the best starting rotations in the league. Top five bullpen makes us a contender..

The key is to keep playing error free ball. Two half innings gone differently would have resulted in a series sweep. Until they start sweeping teams regularly, it's a bit nerve wracking.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #13
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
The guy won't get a win, but in his first start in 20 months, he gave up 1 run through 7 innings. Incredible.

This is the most injured in key positions I've seen an MLB team in years... at least to my knowledge.

Imagine if we had Ubaldo - Jorge - Francis - Cook - Chacin healthy and starting all season (not a Ham fan).

Then add in Street being healthy all year, and Hawpe not being hurt as well.

It's been brutal.

We're still without our second best starting pitcher and our closer. Oh and Fanklin Morales and Eric Young Jr. are hurt now.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I kinda like Hammy as a 5th starter. He had a pretty decent season last year. I just can't wait until the Rox pitching gets healthy to do some damage!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #15
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
A phils fan is equal to being a raiders fan to me
Baseball lack of a salary cap makes it tough for mid market teams. Colorado would never sign Ryan Howard or Halladay to the contracts both of them got.

Philly: 142,728,379

Colorado: 83,172,000

It's amazing that the Rockies are competitive and went to the playoffs last year. With a payroll that is 4th highest in all of baseball, the Phillies should be in the playoffs every single year.

The only other teams with a similar payroll and structure of the Rockies that made the playoffs last year were the Twins and St. Louis.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #16
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Perhaps. But hey, we know you guys do a better job puking on fellow fans.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Very happy for Francis. Now lets hope he can get another quality start against the Royals.

Kinda figured he was done when he got hurt last year. Please prove me wrong Francis.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #18
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
Baseball lack of a salary cap makes it tough for mid market teams. Colorado would never sign Ryan Howard or Halladay to the contracts both of them got.

Philly: 142,728,379

Colorado: 83,172,000

It's amazing that the Rockies are competitive and went to the playoffs last year. With a payroll that is 4th highest in all of baseball, the Phillies should be in the playoffs every single year.

The only other teams with a similar payroll and structure of the Rockies that made the playoffs last year were the Twins and St. Louis.
I used to be a Dan O'Dowd hater but he's done wonders with the farm system. The talent coming out of the farm is just amazing over the last several years. Glad ownership decided to stick with him through the lean years.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote